PDA

View Full Version : Health Segment on TV on Wegener's tonight

marta
11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Starring yours truly.... babbler extraordinaire. Luckily they will edit it down to two minutes, but at least people out there can hear those two words 'Wegener's Granulomatosis' for the first time in a more pleasant environment than all of us got to hear them. The spot should be here Global Edmonton (http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/video.html#health+matters) tomorrow and I'm quite nervous to see what kind of fool I've managed to make out of myself, but cest la vie.

rif
11-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Shall try to view it over the internet marta, thanks for the link.

rif

Al
11-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Starring yours truly.... babbler extraordinaire. Luckily they will edit it down to two minutes, but at least people out there can hear those two words 'Wegener's Granulomatosis' for the first time in a more pleasant environment than all of us got to hear them. The spot should be here Global Edmonton (http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/video.html#health+matters) tomorrow and I'm quite nervous to see what kind of fool I've managed to make out of myself, but cest la vie.

Looks like it will be available online. Don't picture you for a fool, Marta, but it might be entertaining to find out....

Al

delorisdoe
11-04-2011, 07:19 AM

I am soooooooo excited marta. I wish I got global edmonton but i am stuck with to's crapy stuff. lol.

freakyschizogirl
11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Cant wait to see it Marta, thanks for posting the link and for getting those words out there!!

delorisdoe
11-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Cant wait to see it Marta, thanks for posting the link and for getting those words out there!!

HI FREAKY....I have missed you this week.

freakyschizogirl
11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi Leigh, i've been lurking if not posting, lol.

Chris G
11-04-2011, 07:34 AM
That's awesome Marta!! Thanks for putting yourself out there for our cause! I will try to watch online tomorrow. Good luck!

renidrag
11-04-2011, 07:38 AM
A star is born

pberggren1
11-04-2011, 08:47 AM
What are the different types of fools?

Lightwarrior
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Awesome Marta, you will make us proud again.

Al
11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
What are the different types of fools?

Well, there is the old joke about politicians, but I can't see Marta dabbling in those blackest of the arts....

Sangye
11-04-2011, 11:55 AM
That's great, Marta! Let us know if we can watch it tomorrow.

marta
11-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, I just saw it. It still shocks me to see what I look like now. That obsessive avoidance of mirrors, cameras and any other reflective surfaces is not a benefit right now. I babbled on for over a half an hour while they were here, and they shrunk it into a two minute segment. I'm actually quite impressed at how they made it flow considering how short it is. Within five minutes of it airing I got a dozen hits on the blog from their website so it did engage some people. There's another station that wants me to do something and next time it might be live so that'll be something completely different. I will let you know when/if you can see it on-line.

Pheuf, that one is over. Thanks for the support my extended family.

Al
11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Well, Marta, you did indeed make us proud! I have a bit of experience with video people, and there is a reason that we audio people refer like to refer to them as vidiots. But this was pretty good! And you were excellent! I'll leave a further comment or two on your blog....

Al

pberggren1
11-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I have quite a few friends in the broadcasting industry as well as Hollywood and have much experience myself with video and audio productions. I have to say this piece was done fairly well. But I do think that 1 in 30,000 is a misrepresentation. 1 in 5,000 is more like it.

renidrag
11-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Nice Marta

DEE
11-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Just watched it here in the uk .Hubby busy sending link to all our friends and famly .

Rose
11-05-2011, 01:37 AM
I didn't even try to access the link here in South Africa but after reading Dee's comment I tried and there it was! Well done Marta. Thanks for getting it out there!

Sangye
11-05-2011, 01:47 AM
That was great, Marta!! Nice job of summing up what Wegs can do. You look great. :thumbsup:

marta
11-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks you guys - you're all so amazing. I spoke so much about so many things - I talked a lot about all you all, but two minutes is what they had to work with so lots of stuff got taken out. Phil, Sam's docs at Addenbrooks (sp?) told her that it's 22 in 1,000,000 which translates to 1 in 42,000, so I low-balled it.

Thanks Sangye, I did give her the chemo for Wegs vs chemo for Cancer, but they didn't use it.

Despite my absense from here, I think about you lots! Life's just gotten way too busy on me.

Big hugs to you all.

rif
11-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Just watched the video marta, you came across very well, would have loved to see the whole interview as the more people who know about WG the better. Great response to the survey too.:smile1:

rif

Lightwarrior
11-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Marta,
I just watched it from your link. You were amazing and it was so awesome to see you in person, your strong and solid spirit shine all around you. Thank you for doing such a great job.

Psyborg
11-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Great clip Marta. Thanks for getting the word out :)

Thakator
11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Well done, Marta, well done.

Chris G
11-05-2011, 10:04 AM
It was great Marta! I'm not sure I'd have been brave enough. Kudos to you!!

HypnoticEyez
11-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Good job, Marta!! :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

maria garcia
11-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Thank you for spreading the word Marta. By the way you look great!

vdub
11-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Outstanding! You look great! Didn't notice any babbling.... :-)

Dryhill
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
It is very encouraging to learn that the media will take notice of ous weggies. Thanks Marta you did us proud. :thumbsup:

mishb
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
It was very short Marta but I had tears in my eyes.

I'm not sure what the tears were for, but I think it was just a proud feeling......like seeing my kids or friends up on stage. Well done. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

I don't know what you were worried about, you did a fantastic job and you look terrific .....can I use the "hey, you don't look sick at all" line. Only joking.

I am so glad you have a gorgeous "carrot" to carry you forward.

Take care and .........

vdub
11-05-2011, 01:53 PM
"hey, you don't look sick at all"
I once saw a gravestone that said "I told you I was sick". I don't remember where it was, but thought someday I might use it....

Jules
11-05-2011, 11:48 PM
It's great to be able to show this to my workmates, who are mystified by this 'illness' that has made me have so much time off work! Respect to you Marta! :thumbup:

mama2005
11-06-2011, 03:13 AM
great job. thanks for spreading the awreness of us and our disease.

kulharv
11-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Marta,

Way to go. Good 2 minutes ever! You had nothing to worry about.

So glad you have your carrot!

Thanks for spreading the word. I will definitely be sending the link to my family and friends.