PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Drives

pberggren1
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
I noticed that MSN today had a list of 11 Amazing Canadian highways. But I also noticed that the Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper was not included. Seems strange to me. I have gone down that road a few times and think it is one of the nicer ones for sure. Also the highway between Golden and Cranbrook is also quite nice, but was not listed on that list. I guess who ever made up the list has not driven many places.

pberggren1
11-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Another nice drive is near Tofino, BC along the Pacific Rim Park. That is where my previous GP moved to. He said at least there he would be able to drive his Porsche year round.

marta
11-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm with you Phil. The Icefields Parkway was one of the top ten drives in the world in Conde Nast (sp?) magazine years ago, so what does MSN know. Did you have to go to Edmonton for turn on date?

pberggren1
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm with you Phil. The Icefields Parkway was one of the top ten drives in the world in Conde Nast (sp?) magazine years ago, so what does MSN know. Did you have to go to Edmonton for turn on date?

I have seen the Parkway on another couple of lists too for worlds top drives. I had to go to Saskatoon for the turn on. Kinda neat being able to put metal on my head and just leave it there. I say to people I am not only Batman but the 120 million dollar man. Kinda like the 6 million dollar man, but configured into todays dollars...........lol

vdub
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Do you have a picture of the medal on your head?

pberggren1
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Do you have a picture of the medal on your head?

No. I will try and get a pic later maybe.

My mom said tonight Idaho is not a very nice pretty state. She said it is quite stark. From the pictures I have seen in books and internet I think it is quite beautiful. I know some people that go to Coeur d'Alene quite often and they say it is very nice there.

Al
11-02-2011, 05:14 PM
No. I will try and get a pic later maybe.

My mom said tonight Idaho is not a very nice pretty state. She said it is quite stark. From the pictures I have seen in books and internet I think it is quite beautiful. I know some people that go to Coeur d'Alene quite often and they say it is very nice there.

You folks are making me feel bad. Last summer, I wanted to go a ways north from Lake Louise. Peyto Lake was on my list. Jettisoned for the sake of a memorial service. But next time....

As far as Idaho is concerned, it is a varied place. You like beautiful mountains? They're there. You like long, boring driving where the only variation is in the density of the sagebrush? That's in Idaho too. Cpoer d'Alene is really nice, but a little too developed for my tastes. You know, I claim to be a snob about natural beauty, but the fact is that I've been all over the world, and everywhere has been fascinating to me. True, in some cases one visit was enough fascination to last a lifetime, but still....

Al

delorisdoe
11-03-2011, 12:18 AM
One drive I try to avoid is highway 5 to valley road...leads to a really ugly place. Work.

pberggren1
11-03-2011, 04:34 AM
One drive I try to avoid is highway 5 to valley road...leads to a really ugly place. Work.

You are too funny Leigh. Where do you find these quotes for your signature?

delorisdoe
11-03-2011, 07:11 AM
this current one is Jack Handey. Look up jack handey quotes. They will have you laughing for hours. Also look up my last name on urban dictionary...I laughed so hard one day reading them that I hurt my stomach for days. People will say to me "have you ever looked your last name up on urban dictionary? Do it now phil

Al
11-03-2011, 05:19 PM
this current one is Jack Handey. Look up jack handey quotes. They will have you laughing for hours. Also look up my last name on urban dictionary...I laughed so hard one day reading them that I hurt my stomach for days. People will say to me "have you ever looked your last name up on urban dictionary? Do it now phil

Dunno if Phil has the stomach for that sort of thing, Leigh, but I do., and did. Now, I always figured you to be a laugh a minute, so no news there. What fascinated me, though, is the back story: Ladies and Gentlemen, do you realize that we have in our midst, the favorite floozy of Olympus' Biggest dude? That;s right, my friends, this makes us just one degree removed from the His Hugeness and would-be swan, the mighty Zeus, head of the entire Greek pantheon? And, therefore, two degrees removed from Helen of Troy! Though, to be fair, the divine consort's name was lost it history; "Leigh" as a moniker has a far more romantic history. In the words of the namer: "there is a divine LEIGH in every woman, and a true LEIGH is and only will be the kind of woman who can ever change the heart of a man, even a god."

Wow! I'm impressed! And check out this cool alternate definition: "A woman who generates an emotional response to a man which causes him to lose focus and the ability to speak." I'm speechless.

Al

Al
11-04-2011, 05:20 AM
yes well my last name is gooch. Look that up on the urban dictionary. phil def does not have the stomach for that.

Hmmm..I suppose Phil doesn't. I'm shocked--shocked!--that you do....

pberggren1
11-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Too late. Already looked it up. I have the stomach but that urban dictionary is stupid.

delorisdoe
11-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Too late. Already looked it up. I have the stomach but that urban dictionary is stupid.

i appologise. I actually have not been on urban dictionary since before we got married. I had so many people tell me to look it up. I do have to say though it has got much worse over the years. Stick to jack handy phil. he is funny and pure. My poor daughter does not love her name as I do. She suffers a little teasing at school.

pberggren1
11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
i appologise. I actually have not been on urban dictionary since before we got married. I had so many people tell me to look it up. I do have to say though it has got much worse over the years. Stick to jack handy phil. he is funny and pure. My poor daughter does not love her name as I do. She suffers a little teasing at school.

That is not very nice she is teased as school about her name. I was Batman in school as well and would take care of all the bullies. No one messed with me. Not even the big guys twice my size.

delorisdoe
11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
She is not bullied. She is quite happy and popular however last year the school trip was to go to a harry potter movie. the theater was quiet and one of the boys said something to the effect of "wouldnt it be funny if sam was harry's brother...harry gooch, hey sam? is your dads name harry?" my husband and I find it funny but she does not

pberggren1
11-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I can see how a girl her age would not find this funny at all.

Alysia
01-09-2015, 08:51 PM
I have seen the Parkway on another couple of lists too for worlds top drives. I had to go to Saskatoon for the turn on. Kinda neat being able to put metal on my head and just leave it there. I say to people I am not only Batman but the 120 million dollar man. Kinda like the 6 million dollar man, but configured into todays dollars...........lol

he sure was. one in a trillion. so amazing.
I miss his cute chatting. his sense of humor. his wit and wisdom. his deep understanding of souls. his caring and loving.
I miss him every single min..

annekat
01-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Thanks for finding this conversation and sharing it with us, Alysia. It was fun to read. It almost makes it seem like Phil is still here, and Al, too.

Alysia
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks for finding this conversation and sharing it with us, Alysia. It was fun to read. It almost makes it seem like Phil is still here, and Al, too.

Thanks Anne. he is so alive here.... and sweet....