PDA

View Full Version : question-might be stupid...

delorisdoe
10-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I got really upset earlier and wIthin 5 minutes I started to experience pain in my knees and my left hand. It is so bad now that I can't hardly stand it. Can sudden stress cause sudden extreme pain. I have been a little sore all day but now???:mad1:

elephant
10-27-2011, 01:00 PM
It could, how is your knees and left hand now. Have you been getting pain on/off in your hands and knees?

delorisdoe
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
not good. this has been going on for months, but today it got way worse when I got upset. Right now almost everything hurts.

drz
10-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I got really upset earlier and wIthin 5 minutes I started to experience pain in my knees and my left hand. It is so bad now that I can't hardly stand it. Can sudden stress cause sudden extreme pain. I have been a little sore all day but now???:mad1:

Stress is sort like GPA in that it can do many things to your body, most of which aren't nice.
Hope you pain is better!

Sangye
10-28-2011, 03:25 AM
From an Ayurvedic perspective, anger is Fire. Excess Fire creates inflammation in the body.

If you want to know a Buddhist perspective on what happened to you, just PM me.

delorisdoe
10-28-2011, 07:36 AM
thank you:thumbsup:

Al
10-29-2011, 05:26 PM
From an Ayurvedic perspective, anger is Fire. Excess Fire creates inflammation in the body.

If you want to know a Buddhist perspective on what happened to you, just PM me.

Sangye--my knowledge of the Ayurvedic perspective is woefully deficient, but it does occur to me that fire (and therefore anger) can be both destructive and creative. It is a question of balance. Do you think...?

Al

delorisdoe
10-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Sangye--my knowledge of the Ayurvedic perspective is woefully deficient, but it does occur to me that fire (and therefore anger) can be both destructive and creative. It is a question of balance. Do you think...?

Al

I dont even know what you just said.

Al
10-30-2011, 06:40 AM
I dont even know what you just said.

Sorry, Leigh--I do get carried away with metaphors sometimes. But many Asian medical traditions are, in fact, all about pushing metaphors a long way. Much too far, from Western medicine's point of view. Maybe Sangye can enlighten us some.

Al

PS It's good for us to laugh. Your sign-off line always gives me a chortle or two!

delorisdoe
10-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Well I did my best to not get upset today at all-believe me I had several opportunities-yet I had some of the worst knee pain and my stupid hand as well. No amount of advil and tylenol help. I feel like I have weights in my hands and feet. Sluggish and sooooo tired. It is just like the pain etc I went through pre diagnosis ten years ago. I thought a relapse would be easier because we knew what it is and how to treat it but with pain being my only symptom treating seems innapropriate at this point. I'm just whining I guess

pberggren1
10-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Well I did my best to not get upset today at all-believe me I had several opportunities-yet I had some of the worst knee pain and my stupid hand as well. No amount of advil and tylenol help. I feel like I have weights in my hands and feet. Sluggish and sooooo tired. It is just like the pain etc I went through pre diagnosis ten years ago. I thought a relapse would be easier because we knew what it is and how to treat it but with pain being my only symptom treating seems innapropriate at this point. I'm just whining I guess

Whining? I don't think so Timmy.......lol

Anyway, you might be flaring even with only pain type symptoms right now. You have to contact your doc and tell him everything.

elephant
10-30-2011, 02:20 PM
I agree with Phil. You can whine all you want, we are here to listen.

Sangye
10-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Al
Fire can be both destructive and creative, but not anger. Anger is always destructive. Anger is due to excess Fire. Anger isn't present if the Fire element is balanced.

delorisdoe
10-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Fire can be both destructive and creative, but not anger. Anger is always destructive. Anger is due to excess Fire. Anger isn't present if the Fire element is balanced.

Anger def bad. Darn it.:predrage:

Al
11-01-2011, 11:35 AM

To ride this train of thought a little further: On a molecular level, ANCA disease is, essentially, throwing excess fire at the presumed problem--it is an instance of the immune system being out of balance for largely unknown reasons. Anger is, of course, an emotion at the human level; antibodies presumably do not experience anything of the sort. Yet it seems to me that human emotions have evolved for a purpose. That of anger may be one of desperation, like that of harmful antibodies: When all else fails, try a scorched earth attack:destroy everything and hope for regrowth. Does that sound a bit Ayurvedic?

Al

Sangye
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
No, it doesn't sound at all Ayurvedic to me. The body never intentionally destroys itself.