PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Webinar tonight with Dr. Merkel

marta
10-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Webinar tonight from 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Don't miss the opportunity to hear Dr. Noel R. Rose, Director, Center for Autoimmune Disease Research at Johns Hopkins University and Dr. Peter Merkel, Director, Vasculitis Center, Boston University.

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/992929230

Chris G
10-20-2011, 06:22 AM
I signed up. Thanks Marta!

Sangye
10-21-2011, 01:44 AM
I missed it! :rolleyes1:

delorisdoe
10-21-2011, 04:14 AM
I missed it! :rolleyes1:

I did not miss it...I do know that they said that sometime next week the entire webinar will be available for listen on that site. If you register for it it lets you know when it is comming up.

drz
10-22-2011, 06:28 AM
I found it interesting but the sound went out as soon as Dr. Merkel starting talking so I feel I missed the best part. The first speaker said most autoimmune disease seems to prefer women, but a few prefer men, and some are equal opportunity diseases. He said vasculitis can strike any part of the human body. It can be life threatening and requires aggressive treatment which is usually effective although relapse is very common. AI illnesses affect 5-8% of population which make it one of the top ten diseases. It seems more prevalent further away from the Poles.

I wonder if it is recorded somewhere so we could try view it again for those who missed it?

delorisdoe
10-22-2011, 06:50 AM
I found it interesting but the sound went out as soon as Dr. Merkel starting talking so I feel I missed the best part. The first speaker said most autoimmune disease seems to prefer women, but a few prefer men, and some are equal opportunity diseases. He said vasculitis can strike any part of the human body. It can be life threatening and requires aggressive treatment which is usually effective although relapse is very common. AI illnesses affect 5-8% of population which make it one of the top ten diseases. It seems more prevalent further away from the Poles.

I wonder if it is recorded somewhere so we could try view it again for those who missed it?

i had no trouble hearing dr merkel at all...the doctors made me laugh listening to them try to figure out the mouse and the turning of the pages etc.

Yes dzr they mentioned at the end that the entire webinar will be on their site sometime next week.

I wonder if they will clean up the doctors muttering to themselves. lol

Michael Dean
10-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I watched the whole thing it was good. Thanks Marta

pberggren1
10-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Peter is neat guy.

drz
11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Is the broad cast archived anywhere now?

Michael Dean
11-03-2011, 02:44 AM
It was put on by the Vaculitis Foundation, They said they would be posting on thier site?
Title: Vasculitis in Autoimmunity: A Common Thread
It was put on by the Autoimmune Foundation. I can't find it posted anywhere.