PDA

View Full Version : Member Map Candle

vdub
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I hope no one minds, but of the 60 or so people who had put a stick pin on the WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717), all but 4 had used a standard "push pin". A couple had used the candle and a couple others had used the sunflower. With the death of Jack, I decided to change all the pins to the standard push pin and changes Jack's to a candle. I hope no one minds.....

If ok with everyone, we'll just kind of use that as a convention and hope we don't get anymore candles....

Sangye
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
That's a great idea, vdub. Very thoughtful.

Thakator
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Very nice idea!

Trudy
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
How do I find the MAP? Seems there must be an obvious link that I'm not seeing. :confused1:

Al
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Trudy--click on the Weg-map link in vdub's post above. Then you hve to register (easy), go to additions, do "simple", then type your postal code or address, and, if you wish, your name. That should do it! You can preview before submitting, f you like.

Al

Lightwarrior
10-18-2011, 04:51 AM
I was a candle, you know, light for lightwarrior. I'm fine with you changing mine to a push pin. I like the use of a candle for Jack and for any others we may have in the future. A light burning to remind us of the light they shared with us.

Dryhill
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I joined just after Jack died, but from what I have read he must have been quite some guy. I think it is a wonderful way to remember Jack and for any other sad losses.

vdub
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
from what I have read he must have been quite some guy
He was quite a guy... He was a friend to all and suffered with this silly disease for 25 years. He was on the forum giving advice and encouragement nearly every day even when you knew he was sick and tired and huring. He fought to the bitter end and his passing was a shocker to all of us. He was a great guy and will be missed.....

pberggren1
10-19-2011, 04:12 AM
He was quite a guy... He was a friend to all and suffered with this silly disease for 25 years. He was on the forum giving advice and encouragement nearly every day even when you knew he was sick and tired and huring. He fought to the bitter end and his passing was a shocker to all of us. He was a great guy and will be missed.....

Very well put vdub. We can never forget Jack.

Rini
10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Can I use this map for my speech? dose anybody mind?

vdub
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
It's public, just like this forum is. Anything you post here is public info. So, short answer, no problem.....

pberggren1
10-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I hope your speech goes well Rini. You are a hope for many on here. You have inspired me on many levels.

rif
10-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Really lovely idea vdub.

Kami
10-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Great idea! I am hoping there are no more candles. The map is neat, kind of puts things in perspective a bit. thanks for sharing.

Al
11-25-2011, 02:58 PM
I would like to bring this thread up to the front once more, as we now have many members (the total, as of this writing, is close to 1300!) who may not be aware that there is a map of members, (Don, for instance, specifically asked about it.) As you will note from other posts, the interconnectedness of it all intrigues me. In fact, it brings me to tears. So go ahead, folks, make me cry. Just another thing to be thankful for.

Here is the link: WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717)

Al

annekat
11-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I read many of Jack's posts while lurking on the forum, admired him greatly, and was shocked and saddened when he died. The candle idea is very touching. I'm going to the WegMap now to register and get my push pin installed.

Anne

vdub
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
In case anyone doesn't know, the url for the member map is WegMap (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717)
Please reserve the candle, sunflower, etc for special things.