PDA

View Full Version : medic alert

vdub
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Do Weggies typically where medical alert braclets? I have one, but it is because of the Pan Hypo Pit situation caused by WG, so I was wondering if Weggies wear them......

Hammy8241
10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/985-s-o-s-talisman-braclet.html?highlight=alert

May help.
I still wear mine when out.

DEE
10-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I wear mine all the time .DEE x

Sangye
10-07-2011, 02:30 AM
I wear a pendant that says I'm on Coumadin.

pberggren1
10-07-2011, 05:32 AM
I just sent away for my Medic Alert last week. I had to get it because it is mandatory with the cochlear implants.

LisaMarie
10-07-2011, 06:28 AM
I have 2 dog tags but need to reorder....my skin ate the metal change and one of my tags is now missing .....lucky me....I have a bracelet but it has limited info....with us WG I think it is important unless you carry a meical log with you every where you go...lol....mine would be too big

NicShaf
10-08-2011, 02:28 AM
I've thought about it before, but never really knew what information was important to include...also, since medications and doses may be changing, what do you all put on your bracelets/pendants?

Sangye
10-08-2011, 03:37 AM
I carry Emergency Information in my wallet. It has the names and numbers of my main docs, my main conditions, current drugs and dosages, risk factors and drug allergies. I have an enormous history since getting Wegs but all that is not necessary. I update the info whenever my meds change.

jola57
10-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Same as Sangye, I have a little sheet with all the info in my wallet, but no medi bracelet

pberggren1
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I will have the bracelet soon. But when the medics call the number on the back they will have all my info.

mishb
10-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I have a very nice bracelet. Name, address, contact information etc is written in pen and current medical conditions and medications is written in pencil to enable changes.

Stupid thing is ...... I haven't worn it yet :razz:

Sangye
10-10-2011, 02:20 AM
I love your new avatars, Jolanta and Michelle!

vdub
10-10-2011, 05:03 PM
my skin ate the metal
Odd, I thought it was just me. My skin has destroyed 3 bracelets. The first one I got was copper with chrome or nickle plating. It lasted about a month and every bit of silver was gone -- front, back, and the chain. All that was left was the copper or whatever it was made of.

So on the next go around, I went to a jewelry store and got a good quality silver plated bracelet. My skin ate it up in about 5 months, so I took it back to the jewelry store for advice and they gave me another. Number 3 only lasted about 6 months -- it was also a silver plated bracelet, but had heavier plating.

So then they gave me a stainless steel bracelet. It's held up quite well for several months now and I will continue to wear it, but just for grins I bought a sterling silver bracelet. I'm testing the silver one now and it seems to be ok, too.

So what caused the others to go bad? I'm guessing the engraving cut thru the silver plate into the base metal and salt from my skin caused a reaction, but I have no real idea what might have happened.

NicShaf
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
That always happens to me too, with all sorts of jewelry. I can't wear cheap jewelry at all, my skin will destroy it within a couple uses. I've always had that issue, even when I was a kid. What's up with that?
I've found that Gold and sterling silver are the only two types of jewelry I can hope to keep.

Chris G
10-12-2011, 03:50 AM
I keep a short note in my wallet, detailing my diagnosis, current drugs, and doctors' names and phone numbers.

Trudy
10-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Does anyone have the Medic ID jewerly with the flash drive in them. This seems like it would be easy to update. I'm considering sending for one from this site Custom Engraved and Personalized USB Bracelets (http://www.stickyj.com/bracelets-usb-bracelet-custom-engraved-personalized.html)

Hammy8241
10-12-2011, 04:26 AM
I have 'dog tag' on a neck chain. It's a man thing! Easy to update, engraved (USB CONTAINS MEDICAL INFO and personal info) on the outer case but the medi alert logo wore off quickly.