PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say Thanks to Sangye and this forum

Keli
09-27-2011, 02:17 AM
A few months ago I was worried about my treatment. I was up to 100mg of prednisne a day and had gone through 9 months of cyclophosphamide infusions. I was about to sat Rituximab and was worried about it. I logged on and posted my questions and Sangye had mentioned that I should probably talk to someone like her Rheumy. Later that week I found out by talking to both my doctor and JOhn's Hopkins, that my doctor had been in contact with Dr. Seo (sp?) at John's Hopkins to be sure my treatment plan was a good one for me. I felt 10 times better. Before RTX I was on 100mg pred, two blood pressure meds, actos for blood sugar, various vitamins and water pills for the water retention. Not to mention Paxil to control the mood swings. Since then I have done the 4 treatments of RTX. Also I am currently on 10 mg a day of prednisone. We are currently discussing Imuran. WHile I am still a little worried to be off the prednisone, I can't wait to stop it either. But I wanted to thank both Sangye and this forum for being here when I needed to find out from people who actually knew what I was going through.

Sangye
09-27-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm so happy to hear that things are going well, Keli. I know you must have been relieved to know that Dr Seo had advised your doctor. Makes me feel better, too. Boy, I understand the mixed feelings about being off pred. I do hope you can get off of it and that you maintain a long remission. Please keep us posted! :hug3:

elephant
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Thats why we love her.

Sangye
09-27-2011, 12:14 PM
LOL Thanks, Elephant. I love our group. A lot of people helped Keli-- everyone's support is what made the difference.

Natalie
09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Your are great Sangye Everyone will say the same :) Keli im glad your mind is at ease :)

maria garcia
09-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Sangye is our doctor on call. You really are amazing and have so much knowledge. And always available. Thanks

jola57
09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Sangye, no one comes even close to you in knowledge and help, we all thank you for being there when we need it most. Thank you

Sangye
09-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks you guys, but really-- the whole group dynamic is what does it. Whenever someone new comes on they are immediately welcomed by everyone and helped along with whatever they need. So many of you are not in the health professions and never even had medical issues before Wegs, but you've acquired incredible knowledge and share it freely. I'm in awe of that. I love everyone in this group. We're like threads that together make a beautiful tapestry. :smile1:

Trudy
09-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Thanks you guys, but really-- the whole group dynamic is what does it. Whenever someone new comes on they are immediately welcomed by everyone and helped along with whatever they need. So many of you are not in the health professions and never even had medical issues before Wegs, but you've acquired incredible knowledge and share it freely. I'm in awe of that. I love everyone in this group. We're like threads that together make a beautiful tapestry. :smile1:

Sangye,
Poetically said.....everyone's input counts and helps, but in that light we give you credit as maybe the "needle" pulling us all together.
Thank you for the time you put into this forum.
Trudy

Sangye
09-28-2011, 09:41 AM
LOL Okay, okay I'll be the needle. :laugh: Thanks, Trudy.

pberggren1
09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I know exactly what you are saying Sangye. Because of Wegs I now have many friends in the medical field: nurses, doctors, chiropractors, naturopaths, etc.

I am always willing to explain to anyonre what Wegs is about.

And I am more than willing to help a fellow person that is suffering from Wegs or any other illness.

Sangye
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
You're one of the people I'm in awe of, Phil. :smile1:

pberggren1
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
You're one of the people I'm in awe of, Phil. :smile1:

I know exactly who you are all talking about when you say that.........lol

I am in awe of you as well.

I sure hope I am able to use the phone again and we can talk on the phone.

Sangye
09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I can't wait for that! I'm gonna talk your ears off. LOL

pberggren1
09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I can't wait for that! I'm gonna talk your ears off. LOL

You can talk all ya want but my ears wont be doing the hearing.........lol

Widthofacircle
09-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I have to add my voice to this one. When I found this site I was warmly welcomed. I remember giving a brief account of how Wegs developed with me and then apologising for talking too much about my personal experience. An immediate response came from our friend Jack, may he rest in peace, telling me that everybody here wanted to know as much as possible about everybody,s experience as this is how information and knowledge is garnered and shared. I found this refreshing in that we all want to talk about our personal experience and having been a member here now for some time I have learned so much from others accounts of their experience. Jack was right and I think it is fitting that Sangye should be commended here by so many as it is true her advice and generous attitude to all is invaluable. Personally I cannot believe how lucky I have been to have discovered this group of so many very genuine people.
Brendan

pberggren1
09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Ditto Brendan.

I find that this Forum is a life saver so to speak for me. It relieves a lot of stress for me. Even though I have a very good Wegs doc now I still come on here every day. I find that as each day passes I offer more and more advice. I am not as well worded as others like Sangye and Marta, but I still get the point across I am sure. I enjoy being able to help others and lead them in the righ direction.

Widthofacircle
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Phil
Your posts here are very well worded, very genuine and often witty. I agree with you that this group helps greatly in dealing with anxiety and stress as whatever the problem is you will find somebody here who will provide the assurance that they have already experienced what you are going through and will offer excellent advice on the best way to deal with it.
I am delighted to hear, pardon the pun, that your hearing difficulties will soon be over.
Brendan

Lightwarrior
09-29-2011, 09:34 AM
LOL Okay, okay I'll be the needle. :laugh: Thanks, Trudy.

So instead of nagging now you will be needling??? (LOL)

Sangye
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
LOL Lightwarrior, I thought the same thing!

delorisdoe
09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
group hug :hug3:

drz
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
group hug :hug3:

Such a moving pix and poignant moment. Thanks for finding that pix and posting it.

delorisdoe
09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
You are welcome.