PDA

View Full Version : The new member of our fam

alexciasmom
09-26-2011, 05:53 AM
1444So I was not able to sleep last night and I go out side for some air at 11 pm and hear my landlord with her daughter and a kitten. Then they go in and I hear the kitten meowing in the dark I thought it was in a kitty carrier so I go in. and at 230 go out side again and I hear the kitten meowing again but by the street so I go look and yep there it is in the street on a busy road so I grab him and knock on my landlords door thinking she’s going to be happy I saved him but o no she had left him on the patio in a box hopping he would run away cuz she got landed with it and did not know what to do with it and did not want it. so after a few choice words under my breath and talking about her options i took him... he dont have a name yet but here he is. Any ideas on a name..

alexciasmom
09-26-2011, 05:54 AM
let me try to get a better pic..

pberggren1
09-26-2011, 06:04 AM
I love your signature.

maria garcia
09-26-2011, 06:17 AM
I love kitties. Im glad you saved it. Some people don't have a heart for animals. I feed colony cats and have a few of my own and dogs too.

alexciasmom
09-26-2011, 09:11 AM
thaks phil... shes my miracle..
i love animals allways have so whe she did that ugg i could have slapped her up side the head. But i did not it was hard not to. well heres a better pic of him.
lex my daughter is in love with him and named him edmond the kitty from rock a doddle. haha lol funny (that move has played over 1000 time in thins house now the cats named after it ugg) :unsure:

alexciasmom
09-26-2011, 09:13 AM
1447It's so nice when you hear about people caring for animals. wtg :thumbsup:

Sangye
09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Thank you for saving the kitten. How awful of those people to do such a thing. He's adorable! (But the second picture didn't post)

Thank you Maria for feeding all those cats. Kudos to both of you for saving lives. :thumbsup:

alexciasmom
09-27-2011, 01:31 AM
well got the sec pic and ended up with a fuzzy pic of my daughter? funny..
lex named the kitty edmond after the kitty on rock a doodle. edmond has used the kitty litter from day one yeah. he so funny he sits on lexcies shoulder as she wanders around the house. hes a priate kitty. AARRRGG!!!!

Sangye
09-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Edmond the Pirate Kitty. It suits him. :thumbsup:

Palmyra
09-30-2011, 08:38 AM
"Sir Edmond of Much Luck"

alexciasmom
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
I like that. I will have to use it.

alexciasmom
03-30-2012, 05:25 AM
so edmonds growing up. hes got all his shots and is fixed so no baby eddies. he loves lex and she loves him. he likes to suck on the blankets i crochet.

annekat
03-30-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm glad to hear Edmond is doing well. Thanks for the pics of him and your beautiful daughter. I help care for a very small colony (3) of feral cats who have all been trapped, neutered, and returned to their outdoor home, since they are too wild to be adopted. I have taken home several kittens who were born before the Mama was fixed. She and some of her babies look like Edmond.

Dryhill
03-30-2012, 08:18 AM
I am not a lover of cats, in fact I hate them coming in my back garden and scaring the birds away (or even killing them) but what your landlord did was a very cruel thing to do. If she did not want an animal she should have said so or found it a home where it eould be cared for.

Well done Alexciasmom and Anne for your care of animals.

Jim

pberggren1
03-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Very cute pics. Priceless!

Al
03-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Nice pix! I'm thinking that Alexcia and Edmond must be a great comfort to each other.

Al

alexciasmom
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Her being an only baby and now we can't have any so he's her bro and that's the way they act. Lol

Sangye
03-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Aww, Lex and Edmund are adorable.

alexciasmom
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM
1600lex made me a cookie, a coffie mug, and gave me 2.00 for two slurpie refillsfor mothers day so sweet.. 15991598lex asleep with barbie rv1597edmond in lex suitecase hes going bye bye1596edmond under fence

pberggren1
05-24-2012, 05:58 PM
You have an awesome family. A very cute and precious daughter and a nice cat to boot.

alexciasmom
05-24-2012, 06:10 PM
yes i am blessed truly. i hope you have fam that are precious to you..

pberggren1
05-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes, I have my parents and brothers and a sister. I am truly blessed as well.

alexciasmom
05-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Thats good to hear.. lol OMGOSH i just relized we are im en on like three of my threads lol :thumbsup:

vdub
05-25-2012, 01:59 AM
When we were first married and in college, we somehow inherited 3 cats. We named them MAC, SAC, and TAC (we're very pro-military). Things went downhill from the first day we got them as I discovered I was terribly allergic to cats. I can walk into someone's house and within about 10 minutes tell you if they have cats in the house. Allergies are really an uncomfortable nuisance.

When I was a kid on the farm, my older brother and I rescued an abandoned baby skunk and nursed her back to health. We named her "kitty" and whenever people came out to the farm we would yell "here kitty, kitty" and this skunk would come around the corner of the house. We never did have her "de-skunked", but she never sprayed anything. Eventually, she moved on and had a couple litters of her own. She would bring them around the house and she always remembered us. After about 7 years she suddenly stopped coming around -- she probably died. Pic of kitty is below.. (sorry for the poor quality photo)

Lightwarrior
05-25-2012, 02:35 AM
Vdub, that is one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. Thanks so much fro sharing it. I will think differently of skunks from now on.

vdub
05-25-2012, 03:19 AM
Below is another one of our rescues.

About 3 years ago we had our RV in Deming, NM at a really large RV park. Shortly after we arrived and set up, I was walking around and real cute little shelty started walking with me. He was one of the most well-behaved dogs I'd ever met. He always walked on my right side, when I stopped, he stopped and sat down, if we passed another dog that was yapping, he would just ignore it.

I asked around for who owned the dog, but I couldn't fine anyone and several people said the dog had just showed up. No one knew where it came from or who he belonged too. I left him on his own hoping he would wonder on home, but every time I went outside, he would come running (actually, he ran to anyone that was outside).

About 8 o'clock that evening, I gave him some water -- he was really thirsty. I figured he was hungry too, but I didn't have any dog food. Finally, I whipped up some maple flavored instant oatmeal. He loved it, so I gave him a couple bowls of it.

Later when it got dark, the coyotes began to circle and there was little hope he would survive the night. I figured I would probably infest our RV with fleas, but I let him in anyway. He laid on the floor below the tv and quietly stayed there all night.

The next morning a neighbor asked what had happened to the dog and expressed some interest in adopting him. They took him to the vet, got him scanned for a microchip (none found), got him all his shots, and groomed. He was a neat little dog and I'm sure he's doing real well. Pic below...

annekat
05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Edmond looks just like my cat, Chester. I'm a cat nut so always enjoy pics of cats, and your beautiful daughter is nice to see, as well.

annekat
05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
After reading your skunk story, vdub, I wanted to insert a pic of a mother cat nursing a litter of baby skunks. But whatever I did didn't work. Oh, I'm going to try again.... there, I did it!

Dryhill
05-25-2012, 10:39 AM
yes i am blessed truly. i hope you have fam that are precious to you..En

Enjoy your daughter while you can, and do remember the good times you had when she gets to be a teenager! The good news is the terrible teens do not last forever (it just seems like that), when they are over hopefully you will have a daughter and a good friend. It worked with one of my daughters.

Jim

Lightwarrior
05-26-2012, 03:01 AM
En

Enjoy your daughter while you can, and do remember the good times you had when she gets to be a teenager! The good news is the terrible teens do not last forever (it just seems like that), when they are over hopefully you will have a daughter and a good friend. It worked with one of my daughters.
Jim

It also worked with both of my daughters and it is so wonderful to have daughters again. I AM GOING TO BE A GREAT GRANDMA ANY DAY NOW. I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited I can't stand myself. This is my oldest grandson's first child (Dominic) they know that she is a girl and have named her Gianna Katalaya. I"m saving all my spoons for this event.

alexciasmom
05-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Wow congrats!!!! Baby's are so fun. Edmonds been so cuddly. The past three days he has me carry him over my shoulder like a baby every were I go. He's normally a spaz

Lightwarrior
05-26-2012, 05:56 AM
Wow congrats!!!! Baby's are so fun. Edmonds been so cuddly. The past three days he has me carry him over my shoulder like a baby every were I go. He's normally a spaz

Thanks, I am on my over to Labor and Delivery now, she just checked in with contractions 3 minutes apart. HIp Hip Hooray

Al
05-26-2012, 02:22 PM
This is good, vdub. Just goes to show: Everyone is a sweetie in some contexts--and everyone is a stinker in others....

Al

Al
05-26-2012, 02:29 PM
After reading your skunk story, vdub, I wanted to insert a pic of a mother cat nursing a litter of baby skunks. But whatever I did didn't work. Oh, I'm going to try again.... there, I did it!

.1623This is an amazing photo, Anne....

Al

Al
05-26-2012, 02:33 PM
It also worked with both of my daughters and it is so wonderful to have daughters again. I AM GOING TO BE A GREAT GRANDMA ANY DAY NOW. I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited I can't stand myself. This is my oldest grandson's first child (Dominic) they know that she is a girl and have named her Gianna Katalaya. I"m saving all my spoons for this event.Congratuations! As it happens, I am going to be a first-time grumps, but I have to wait until October. My daughter is 37, so I wasn't sure that would ever happen. I think I'll be able to get into it!

Al

Al
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow congrats!!!! Baby's are so fun. Edmonds been so cuddly. The past three days he has me carry him over my shoulder like a baby every were I go. He's normally a spazAnd Edmond must be a ver good companion for Alexcia....

Al

annekat
05-26-2012, 02:51 PM
This is an amazing photo, Anne....

Al It's been sitting on my desktop for awhile..... I'm pretty sure it is real! From one of those emails showing unusual animal photos. I've seen others of animals mothering other species... did you see the one of a mama tiger mothering baby pigs who were dressed up in fake tiger skins?

annekat
05-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Congratuations! As it happens, I am going to be a first-time grumps, but I have to wait until October. My daughter is 37, so I wasn't sure that would ever happen. I think I'll be able to get into it!

Al A first time grumps? Was that a typo, or......?

Al
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
A first time grumps? Was that a typo, or......?You already know I'm a curmudgeon, Anne. I mean "grampa", or, as the Brits wold say, "grumps".

Al

annekat
05-26-2012, 03:28 PM
You already know I'm a curmudgeon, Anne. I mean "grampa", or, as the Brits wold say, "grumps".

Al Oh, I thought it was a typo for "gramps", which we used to call our grandpa in a teasing sort of way. I didn't know about "grumps", although I did have a British-born grandpa, whom I wasn't as close to as the one I called "gramps".

Al
05-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh, I thought it was a typo for "gramps", which we used to call our grandpa in a teasing sort of way. I didn't know about "grumps", although I did have a British-born grandpa, whom I wasn't as close to as the one I called "gramps".Actually, I will be making this up as I go along, having no real role model: Both my grandfathers were long gone by the time I was born, and both grandmothers had died by the time I started school. But, hey--how hard can it be?

Al

annekat
05-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Actually, I will be making this up as I go along, having no real role model: Both my grandfathers were long gone by the time I was born, and both grandmothers had died by the time I started school. But, hey--how hard can it be?

Al I imagine that being a grandpa is easier and in many ways more fun than being a dad. Congrats on the new addition to your family, and I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Fran
05-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Al, Congratulations on your good news. Haven't heard that ' Brit' expression 'grumps' for grandfather, mostly you hear 'granddad' and 'nana' for grandmother. I have two great- grandchildren, girl and boy 5 and 3, who are my delight.:love: I just know you will be a wonderful grumps/grandpa/granddad :thumbup:

Fran

mishb
05-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I am on my over to Labor and Delivery now, she just checked in with contractions 3 minutes apart. HIp Hip Hooray

Yay, anytime now
We look forward to some pictures in the very near future

annekat
05-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks, I am on my over to Labor and Delivery now, she just checked in with contractions 3 minutes apart. HIp Hip Hooray Congrats, Lightwarrior! So your great-grandchild and Al's grandchild will be close to the same age. Best wishes to the mother and child for a smooth and easy delivery.

Al
05-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Al, Congratulations on your good news. Haven't heard that ' Brit' expression 'grumps' for grandfather, mostly you hear 'granddad' and 'nana' for grandmother. I have two great- grandchildren, girl and boy 5 and 3, who are my delight.:love: I just know you will be a wonderful grumps/grandpa/granddad :thumbup:

FranThanks, Fran! I should have said, "Some Brits of my acquaintance". Dunno how widespread this is. My kids used "Nana and Granddad"; who (ever) knows about the next generation? Don't think I have much of a shot at making it to the "great" stage, but I think this one could be a lot of fun.

Al

Dryhill
05-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Al[/QUOTE]

You already know I'm a curmudgeon, Anne. I mean "grampa", or, as the Brits wold say, "grumps".

Al

...... Fran! I should have said, "Some Brits of my acquaintance". Dunno how widespread this is.

I have never heard of grumps, grandfather, grandad or grandpop for the male species, grandmother, grandma, nan and nana foir the female species. Al, your Brit acquaintances my have had a bad tempered grandfather because my dictionary defines the word "grump" as a colloquial noun for for an ill-tempered, surly person.

Of course it might be a very localised word. In some parts of northern England the word "scran" is used instead of food and in my village (and some parts of East Anglia) the word "twitten" is a path/passageway connecting two roads.

Jim

Dryhill
05-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Congratulations Lightwarrior and Al. Now you can get your own back on your kids by really spoiling your grandchildren, do remember to give them nice noisy toys like a drum kit. :thumbup: It is also advisable to start going through all your photographs so when your granchildren are old enough you can show them embarrassing/incriminating photos of one of their parents. Oh revenge is so sweet.

Jim

Al
05-28-2012, 04:55 AM
I have never heard of grumps, grandfather, grandad or grandpop for the male species, grandmother, grandma, nan and nana foir the female species. Al, your Brit acquaintances my have had a bad tempered grandfather because my dictionary defines the word "grump" as a colloquial noun for for an ill-tempered, surly person.

Of course it might be a very localised word. In some parts of northern England the word "scran" is used instead of food and in my village (and some parts of East Anglia) the word "twitten" is a path/passageway connecting two roads.

Jim
Jim, I fully admit to being surly (and maybe even proudly so), not to mention crotchety, cantankerous, ornery, irascible, gruff, churlish, crabby, cranky, and sometimes even uncivil--though it is also fair to point out, once again, that I can identify with House, M.D., the ultimate bleeding heart misanthropist. Nevertheless, I feel obliged to point out that there is a difference between being "grumps" (pl.) and "grumps" (sing.). Dunno what this will make me to the kid. But he/she is, indeed, may indeed be indulged get a drum kit, or, perhaps even more fittingly, an accordion. Come to think of it, a harp may be the best payback of all. The parents would have to get a large station wagon for all those music lessons.

Al

Dryhill
05-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Come to think of it, a harp may be the best payback of all. The parents would have to get a large station wagon for all those music lessons.

Al

Oooooh wonderful, as I said revenge is sweet.

Jim

Al
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Oooooh wonderful, as I said revenge is sweet.

Jim
...Besides, Jim, that way I could have free music at my funeral. What do you think--I could go out to "76 Trombones" played on the harp? Or "When the Saints..."?

Al

alexciasmom
05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
1636if you look hes climing under the fence. 1637hes in lex suitecase hers going bye bye..1638my moms minnie teacup poodle named sabrina.

Lightwarrior
06-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Congrats, Lightwarrior! So your great-grandchild and Al's grandchild will be close to the same age. Best wishes to the mother and child for a smooth and easy delivery.

Yes...I suppose they will and I think Al should give them both drum lessons...

Lightwarrior
06-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Jim, I fully admit to being surly (and maybe even proudly so), not to mention crotchety, cantankerous, ornery, irascible, gruff, churlish, crabby, cranky, and sometimes even uncivil

Al

I have a sneaky feeling that under that surly, crotchety, cantankerous, ornery, irascible, gruff, churlish, crabby, cranky and uncivil exterior beats a heart of pure gold. I'll bet too that a big hug-able teddy bear is a better description than an old mean smelly goat. :rolleyes1:

Palmyra
06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
OK, so Al, I have not previously given my own funeral much thought. BUT, you have given me my first request. I really like the idea of making my daughters play "76 Trombones", (played in any fashion,) at my own funeral. Very fitting for my current epitaph!!

Many Thanks!

~Jane

PS, My dear Alison is managing a medically induced happy remission, and is working at a nursery (landscaping/plants) in the hot Texas sun, and loving every minute. My words fall on deaf ears when I beg her to find a quiet, calm non-taxing job. She is a tiger, and currently very happy. We pray for a sustained remission!:thumbsup:

annekat
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
OK, so Al, I have not previously given my own funeral much thought. BUT, you have given me my first request. I really like the idea of making my daughters play "76 Trombones", (played in any fashion,) at my own funeral. Very fitting for my current epitaph!!

Many Thanks!

~Jane

PS, My dear Alison is managing a medically induced happy remission, and is working at a nursery (landscaping/plants) in the hot Texas sun, and loving every minute. My words fall on deaf ears when I beg her to find a quiet, calm non-taxing job. She is a tiger, and currently very happy. We pray for a sustained remission!:thumbsup: "76 Trombones" struck a chord with me, too..... it was a favorite of my dad's back in the 1960's...... I should get together with my 3 sisters and one brother and see if we can work up a five-part harmony on it. He passed away last year and there hasn't been a memorial yet....

As for your daughter working at a nursery, the only reservation I'd have would be the hot Texas sun, but I imagine she is pretty used to that. I would love a job surrounded by plants! I'm glad she's happy and doing so well.

Al
06-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I have a sneaky feeling that under that surly, crotchety, cantankerous, ornery, irascible, gruff, churlish, crabby, cranky and uncivil exterior beats a heart of pure gold. I'll bet too that a big hug-able teddy bear is a better description than an old mean smelly goat. :rolleyes1:Hey! Who you callin' "smelly"?

Al

Al
06-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Many Thanks!

~Jane

PS, My dear Alison is managing a medically induced happy remission, and is working at a nursery (landscaping/plants) in the hot Texas sun, and loving every minute. My words fall on deaf ears when I beg her to find a quiet, calm non-taxing job. She is a tiger, and currently very happy. We pray for a sustained remission!:thumbsup:Our best to Alison, Jane! Life is tough in all cases. It is fantastic the she has latched onto something to enjoy. (Maybe 76 Trombones can be something of an epitaph for us all. I'll say something more about the tune in my post to Anne.)

Al

Al
06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
"76 Trombones" struck a chord with me, too..... it was a favorite of my dad's back in the 1960's...... I should get together with my 3 sisters and one brother and see if we can work up a five-part harmony on it. He passed away last year and there hasn't been a memorial yet.... An a capella version of "76 Trombones"--I love it! What a terrific concept! I wasn't remembering the following anecdote when I proposed it; I was just thinking of the irony of having it played on harp. But here is the story:

I was not a music major, but most of my social contacts hung out in the Music Building; so did I. Often, players would get go as "ringers" to play in community orchestras. One Sunday night, four female string players returned from such a gig--or should I say "giggle". As a memorial encore to a concert they had played in that afternoon, the music director sprung one one them: In honor of the local high school band director who had passed away during the week, the orchestra would respectfully play his favorite tune..., 76 Trombones. The girls were so astounded that the immediately broke into gales of laughter. The MD was not amused by their levity, and they were never asked back. But I have a feeling that the late band director truly appreciated the send-off--gaiety and all.

Al

Palmyra
06-05-2012, 11:23 PM
"As for your daughter working at a nursery, the only reservation I'd have would be the hot Texas sun, but I imagine she is pretty used to that. I would love a job surrounded by plants! I'm glad she's happy and doing so well.":sneaky:

It turns out to have been short term! And trust me, I was not a fan of her working out in the heat.

Well, wouldn't you know...good health has a way of letting you know if you are pushing yourself too hard while you are enjoying it! I got a call from her last night, and it appears she has broken her ankle (tibia) from something (?) and so no work for at least two weeks and is now in a boot with it elevated. Sometimes our bodies have to speak to us loudly if we don't listen to our limitations. ( I can hear all those weggie minds spinning...she had a bone scan just recently and has great levels of bone mass. She is physically strong, and likely twisted it, and ignored the pain/swelling for more than a week).

Lightwarrior
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey! Who you callin' "smelly"?

Al

h e l l o...hug-gable teddy bear (LOL)

Al
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
h e l l o...hug-gable teddy bear (LOL)(Even dyed-in-the-wool curmudgeons need a bear hug now and then....)

Al