PDA

View Full Version : Does the HIV enzyme find help us?

renidrag
09-21-2011, 03:20 AM
The title is the question I guess, does the recent breakdown reported on yahoo have any bearing on our AI disease?
Dale

Sangye
09-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Can you put a link to the story, Dale? I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

renidrag
09-21-2011, 07:04 AM
I don't know how to link, go to yahoo.com and they have a box top center of page. In bottom right corner of the box are arrows. Go right and read the titles at the bottom of the little square boxes. Click on the box and the story will appear, magically. This is best I can do to link.
Dale

Sangye
09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
LOL I followed your magical instructions but couldn't find the article.

To link to a story, click on the story and then copy the entire URL in the search box at the top of your screen. Then just paste it into your message. You can link it in a fancier way, but that's the most straightforward way.

norcalian
09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately, those stories change pretty frequently on Yahoo and are usually customized to the user (if you're signed in). However, I searched for it and was able to find it. Interesting article...I guess some of my students can use it as a reason as to why they should be allowed to play video games all day...they're curing HIV :smile1:

Online gamers crack AIDS enzyme puzzle - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/online-gamers-crack-aids-enzyme-puzzle-175427367.html)

Sangye
09-22-2011, 12:31 AM
LOL I thought it was probably that story. I had seen it on other news sites.

Dale, I'm not sure how that finding would help us since there isn't a virus involved. But I never would have imagined their result would happen, either! Wouldn't it be great if gamers revolutionized medicine?

renidrag
09-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the help Norcalian.