PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined

Lotte
03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi, i am a new member. I have had WG since i was 11 years old and i am interested to know if many others had WG at such a young age. I have had it for well over 20 years and haven't had a really long period of remmission in that time. I now find that my main problems are not active disease but the damage the disease has done and the problems that has left me with.

andrew
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Lotte, welcome to the club!!! Eleven years old is really young. We have the Grandmother of a 7 year old with WG just joined recently. You might be a valuable insight for her.

This WG thing can leave its mark certainly even though the disease isn't active. As you've discovered it's the new normal that we need to get used to :) I'm coming up to my seventh year and am yet to hit remission. What are your complications? Did you get diagnosed quickly back in the day or did it take some time?

Again, welcome. You'll find here a close-knit community all willing to assist in whatever way possible. Ask what you like and even just have a rant if you need to :D We understand!

coffeelover
03-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Can you give us more information on the damage and your remission? I am a fairly new diagnosis and want to see what all my options are.
Sorry you have had to deal with this since such a young age. I just turned 50 and received WG for my (birthday) gift.
I couldn't win the lottery or something???
LIsa Coffeelover