PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing

Widthofacircle
09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I have recently developed prolonged bouts of sneezing ,especially in the evenings. I remember about 3 years ago just prior to being diagnosed with Wegs I also had a problem with sneezing. Have continuous runny nose all of the time also.
Anybody have experience of this or know of any reason for this?
Brendan

beeinformed
09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi!

I also had bouts of daily sneezing as well as a runny nose. Of course, "good ole prednisone" cleared it up for me!

Sangye
09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Any irritation of the liver will cause sneezing bouts. It doesn't have to be bad enough for it to show on lab work. Also, if you eat or drink and have a bout of sneezing it indicates a food sensitivity.

vdub
09-16-2011, 02:10 PM
If you can't blame it on hay fever, then I'm not sure. Supposedly, I'm in remission, but I've had runny nose and some sneezing. Runny nose is getting worse and I've only been off the mtx for 3 weeks....

freakyschizogirl
09-17-2011, 05:29 AM
I sneezed an awful lot pre diagnosis and it doesnt happen a lot now. I used to put this down to the crusting irritating my nose. I could be wrong tho.

chrisTIn@
09-17-2011, 10:10 AM
I sneezed an awful lot pre diagnosis and it doesnt happen a lot now. I used to put this down to the crusting irritating my nose.

Same story here.
Don't sneeze a lot nowadays either.
Never heard of sneezing bouts provoked by 'irritation of the liver' ? :ohmy:

elephant
09-17-2011, 12:49 PM
I was sneezing a few months back and a round of antibiotics cleared it up. Don't know if it was an allergy or infection or WG flare. I took Bactrim for a week. Just call the primary doc and rule out infection/allergy/virus.

Widthofacircle
09-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for advice. Think I,ll try the Bactrim for a couple of days

Sangye
09-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Never heard of sneezing bouts provoked by 'irritation of the liver' ? :ohmy:
It's well-known in holistic medicine.

Chris G
09-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I sneezed an awful lot pre diagnosis and it doesnt happen a lot now. I used to put this down to the crusting irritating my nose. I could be wrong tho.

I'm in complete agreement with you here. I know that when my crusting increases, so does my sneezing. When crusting is at a minimum.......no sneezing. I've made many notes of it over the last few months. Excessive sneezing is definitely my nose is trying to clear itself of the crusting.