PDA

View Full Version : Getting plenty of vitamin D

marta
09-09-2011, 07:06 AM
This is a completely useless thread but wanted to post a couple/few pics of my vitamin D infussion thanks to the wonderful Hawaiian sun. I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm feeling quite well and hopefully I've jumped the hurdle to the 'other side'. I'm weaning off the pred - was supposed to go down to 10mg on the first of September, but decided to hold off until I get home from our holiday - just to be safe :wink1:

So the beaches here are wonderful, kid friendly and soooo very theraputic it's hard to express. The smells are intoxicating, especially for someone who couldn't smell for the longest time. The sound of the birds first thing in the morning is equally appreciated due to the lack of hearing not that long ago. I have tubes in my ears so I have to wear earplugs when I go in the water, but that's a small price to pay to see the wonders under the water.

Here are some pics that make me happy from our trip. I've been snap happy with the camera so it's hard to just pick a few, but here goes....142714301429143414281431143214331422142514 2314241426

Thanks to you all for the support and help and love you've sent my way. I'm still working on the book, so keep'em coming.

delorisdoe
09-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Love love love the last photo. Did I tell you how much I love that pic

Chris G
09-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Those are great pics marta! I'm so glad that you're feeling well.

gurinbasra
09-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Marta - I can tell by your wonderful post and pictures that you are feeling well and that is just great! Sounds like you had a fabulous and well deserved holiday. Thanks for sharing that and I hope you just see more and more improvement from now on!

vdub
09-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Gotta say the last pic is kodak perfect....

I too like HI. As soon as things settle down later this winter. I think we might head that way for a couple weeks.

gurinbasra
09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=vdub;46575]Gotta say the last pic is kodak perfect....

Thanks, I've got lots more, we were in Banff, Alberta at the Ink pots at the Johnson Canyon this past weekend. It was 6km hike with a 500m incline - just one way so a total of 12km and it took us 4 and a half hours. It nearly killed me, then I was sick not the next day but the next and now I'm back on my feet. The view was worth it. If anyone's on facebook, I've posted more pictures there.

pberggren1
09-09-2011, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=vdub;46575]Gotta say the last pic is kodak perfect....

Thanks, I've got lots more, we were in Banff, Alberta at the Ink pots at the Johnson Canyon this past weekend. It was 6km hike with a 500m incline - just one way so a total of 12km and it took us 4 and a half hours. It nearly killed me, then I was sick not the next day but the next and now I'm back on my feet. The view was worth it. If anyone's on facebook, I've posted more pictures there.

What is your FB name?

marta
09-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks y'all. I'm feeling quite lucky. I'm also scared that I might jinx it in some way withouth intending... I feel like this is such a lucky streak and as we all know those end abruptly, but I"m trying to make hay while the sun shines. Big hugs to you all.:hug1:

pberggren1
09-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks y'all. I'm feeling quite lucky. I'm also scared that I might jinx it in some way withouth intending... I feel like this is such a lucky streak and as we all know those end abruptly, but I"m trying to make hay while the sun shines. Big hugs to you all.:hug1:

Make hay while you can indeed. We all have different ways of making hay though. I believe I can make more hay when I am sick in bed though.

jola57
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Marta, this was a well deserved holiday for all of you. The R and R in sun and sand will go a long way in recharging your batteries. Never feel guilty about feeling great. No worries about jinx.. Weggies do not have jinxes, we already have too much on our plates and jinxes just don't fit. BTW, who are tose beautiful bathing beauties :flapper:

Psyborg
09-09-2011, 11:50 PM
WOw...that looks like an awesome trip. And don't worry about making hay...hopefully the sun will stay out good and long for you :)

Geoff
09-10-2011, 12:42 AM

I understand completly where you are coming from! You have to pinch yourself to believe you can feel THAT GOOD. Hope the RTX continues doing its stuff and you continue on the road to sustainable good health!

Be careful tho making all that Hay... you will have to pay excess baggage on the airplane home!

Oh and great pics by the way. You guys take such brilliant family pictures, you just 'click'. :thumbsup:

gurinbasra
09-10-2011, 12:50 AM
FB name is just my full name Gurinder Basra

Sangye
09-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow, that is great to see, Marta. What beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you were able to have fun like that and create wonderful memories for everyone. Life always changes--Wegs or not-- so it's good to enjoy things when you can and not force yourself to think about what might happen down the road. Right now you are fine. :smile1:

marta
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks again my wonderful extended family. I'm totally trying to get it all in. It's not the same as before Wegs, but much better than anytime since diagnosis. I've gone to the gym a few times while here and am enjoying some sore muscles as I type this.... it's such an awesome, forgotten feeling from my pre wegs days, I love it.

The weather, the smells, the sounds of the tropics and the ocean, the family and the love.... I'm appreciating each magical moment much more (including all those little things that you don't notice before getting sick) than ever before in my life. Like the smart people (Sangye) say - the only constant in life is change - so I'm grabbing it by the horns and going with it. Right now it's change for the better - that too will change, but now is now....Hugs - biiiiig hugs - to you all.

Oh and Geoff, it's easy to take good shots when the subject matter rocks. Bob, from your mouth to god's (or whoever's in charge's) ears.

Love,
marta

Natalie
09-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi Marta great to see you are lapping up the rays with your beautiful family . A really happy up beat thread. I enjoyed reading this post :) can take away a smile from it :) xx oo

chrisTIn@
09-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Wonderfull Hawaiian pictures Marta!
Reminds me of two years ago, when my hubby and I were on those wonderfull beaches along the Pacific, because our daughter was studying in h
Honolulu for a while.
Your pictures just show that feeling to me again.
Lovely to read that you and your family had such a great time there! :smile1:

I stumbled upon this thread because I was actually looking for vDub. I read on Jack's thread, that vDub hasn't been here for a while either.

Just want to say that i hope that every regular visitor of this 'Weggie'-site shows up to tell how he or she is doing!

Sangye
09-15-2011, 02:35 AM
vdub posted on Sept 8-- not that long ago. He doesn't usually post every day. I think he was doing okay so I imagine he's just off enjoying himself.

chrisTIn@
09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh. I guess it was a false alarm then.:huh:
Thanks Sangye. :thumbsup:

pwc51
09-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Marta - sitting here in an autumnal UK jealousy rules! Keep posting the pics!