PDA

View Full Version : Immuran VS Methotrexate

NicShaf
09-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Immuran VS Methotrexate...What are your thoughts?

My rheumy wants to switch me from CTX to Immuran in the next couple months, he says that Immuran is just as effective as Methotrexate as a maintainence medication, but it should be nicer to my fertility, so I may be able to keep that option open in my future.

Just curious about your experience with either.

Thanks!
Nicole

delorisdoe
09-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I only have experience with a lot of ctx and therefore also infertIlity and all other issues that come with zero ovulation...id give imuran a shot just for that reason alone.

norcalian
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I never took MTX - but I have been taking Imuran...I haven't had any problems with it at all.

Chris G
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I had a lot of mental and cognitive impairment on mtx - sometimes really severe. I asked to stop it just recently, and I feel SO ALERT now. I can't believe that I struggled thru it as long as I did.

I was unable to take Imuran - the gastrointestinal side effects were unbearable. Some of us lack the enzyme necessary to take it......lucky me.

NicShaf
09-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Thanks for your input, I appreciate hearing your experiences just so I know a little more than what the description tells me :)

Yvonnea
09-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Hi Nicole,
I have been on imuran for seven years with no problem. Only switched to MTX in the past couple of months due to recent flare. Using that with RTX. But hope to switch back asap. Would definitely prefer imuran. Did not seem to affect ovulation etc.