PDA

View Full Version : Hospitals doctors Rituxan prednisone anyone with ulcers and infections

Charliehaa
09-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi my name is chuck I was told I had Wegeners in may started with Rituxan and prednisone I've been hospitalized 4x since then with ulcers where I needed blood transfusions 2x and infections in my intestine 2x which has now stopped my Rituxan treatments right now I have tubes draining the infections well what I wanted to know if anyone else has suffered these kinds of setbacks I've been
Going south ever since I started treatments my doctor says its side effects. Maybe Rituxan is not 4 me I
Was supposed to be better by now seems I get worse everyday any support or info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

delorisdoe
09-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Maybe Rituxan is not 4 me I
Was supposed to be better by now seems I get worse everyday any support or info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Wegeners has not yet read the memo that clearly states we should be better with treatment. Unfortunately it can take much longer than anticipated and set backs are the norm. On a good note, sudden improvements can also occur

Sangye
09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi Chuck, welcome to the group! I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time even with treatment. That happens a lot with Wegs. It's been the case with me-- non-stop complications for the past 5 years.

This thread has information that will help you: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/986-what-newly-diagnosed-need-know.html

pberggren1
09-07-2011, 12:08 PM
are you also on FB as charliechuckles?