PDA

View Full Version : Some Good News

Sangye
03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
I saw my rheumy at JHU today and got some great news. He said I'm staying really stable on the Cellcept dose I've been at for about 1.5 years (no pred), and all things considered, I'm in pretty good health. He said he expects me to be able to build up and get stronger from this point-- great to hear, since I haven't budged for a long time.

He didn't use the word "remission," and I didn't ask. I still have a lot of symptoms, they just don't seem to be amounting to anything. So, I'm going to start physical therapy and get stronger and eventually get back to work (it's been almost 3 yrs).

This is the first time in a long time I've felt hope. I told him how much your support helps me, and he was very encouraging about what we all can do for each other. Thanks, everyone. :)

crackers
03-19-2009, 11:05 AM
that's great news sangye you must feel really good and rightly so.it's amazing what hope can do to boost that "feel good" factor.i got a call from my rheumy this morning asking me to go see her this afternoon.she said she was in the shower this morning when she thought of something new to try.( i resisted the temptation to ask why she was thinking about me while in the shower).anyway turns out if the bloods remain stable for the next four weeks she's going to put me on immune suppressants and reduce the pred accordingly.i think i got that right because i fell asleep in the waiting room and wasn't fully compus mentis when she was telling me.
john

Doug
03-20-2009, 12:13 PM
A victory for one is a victory for all! Good riddance to Prednisone, and may your immunosuppresants drug go down well (and stay down!).:):cool:

jola57
03-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Sangye, that's great news. I can't immagine not being able to work. Good luck in physio, let us know what excercizes they will do with you.
John, you old dog, you even have your doc thinking of you in the shower :))

coffeelover
03-21-2009, 02:22 AM
I am very happy for you Sangye! I hope you can get back to the "normal" you desire.
I too am looking forward to remission, but I am still able to work and lead a semi normal existence.
I just want this trach out and to get off the prednisone, but as you stated this group helps cope with what sometimes appears to be the impossible. And, then a success story like yours can put us all in a lighter and more hopeful mood. So Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Lisa coffeelover

Carol
03-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Hi John, I was wondering why you hadn't already been put on autoimmune suppressants? I have been on azomiaprine? Imuran right from the beginning - three a day and my rheumy never seems to consider taking me off them - he wants to get the Prednisolone down tho as he worries about my bones. He's very happy with my progress - he says I'm the best recovery he's ever seen. I guess it's nice for them to see a success.

andrew
03-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Congrats Sangye, a bit W00T!!! for you! Excellent news. Hope is a great thing to have and it can keep us going and charging on into the 'next normal' as Doug put it.