PDA

View Full Version : How Dogs Beat Doctors in Identifying Early-Stage Lung Cancer

Sangye
08-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't remember where we were discussing dogs sniffing out cancer. This article is incredible.
How Dogs Beat Doctors in Identifying Early-Stage Lung Cancer - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2011/08/22/how-dogs-beat-doctors-in-identifying-early-stage-lung-cancer/)

drz
08-24-2011, 01:51 AM
I have read and heard about people who seem able to sense or see aura's on others that indicate illness or injury. I know one person had a stranger tell her that she needed to see a doctor right away. She didn't know why the lady said that but her evaluation indicated she had lymphoma cancer.

I know dogs have been trained to predict seizures and hypoglycemic reactions in people with diabetes. They warn the person and try pull them down or cushion their fall to floor if needed.

I love the stories about how animals have saved people lives or how wild animals seek out human help to save their young. Like the pot belly pig that laid in the road till cars stopped and led them to her house to save her owner who collapsed with heart attack. Or the doe that wouldn't leave the deck till the house owners followed her to where her fawn fell into a rocky hole and couldn't get out.

It seems animals are far smarter and nicer than most people know.

Chris G
08-24-2011, 05:57 AM
:smile1:Yet another reason to love our furry friends!!!!! They're amazing.

I love those stories drz.

A co-worker of mine has a neice who's diabetic. Her cat will wake her at night if her sugar gets too low!

drz
08-24-2011, 07:55 AM
:smile1:Yet another reason to love our furry friends!!!!! They're amazing.

I love those stories drz.

A co-worker of mine has a neice who's diabetic. Her cat will wake her at night if her sugar gets too low!

That is great and I bet she didn't have to pay 10-20 thousand either for some one to train her cat to do that.