PDA

View Full Version : New Member

pberggren1
03-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Hello Everyone:

My name is Phil Berggren. I am from Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada. I am 32 years old. My birthday is July 7. I was diagnosed in late April of 2003. I will tell all about my daiagnosis and prior on a later thread. It will be fairly lengthy. I have had 3 relapses since then. I am currently on Cellcept: 3g/day, Prednisone: 20mg/day, and Cotrimox 400/80mg: 1 tab per day. This is my second time trying the Cellcept. I used to post on the wg-discussion site back in 2003 to 2005. Hello to Sharon Bourassa and Dorothy Spence if you two are on here. My local GP is good. He listens and has genuine concern for me. I also have a Rhuemy, ENT, and Neph as doctors too. They are a good team and all on the same page. My Rhuemy is my primary and am able to call her or e-mail her any time and she responds within 48 hours. I am very fortunate to have such good doctors. I got home from work not that long ago and am quite tired and have a full day tomorrow. Just wanted to get the first post down. My phnoe number is (306)773-7086 if anyone wants to talk. I have an anytime NorthAmerican bundle so you can call me and I can call you right back so the long distance charges apply to me. My e-mail address is: [email protected]. Look forward to meeting you all on here.

May God Bless You All,
And may the Immaculate Heart of Mary comfort you in your time of trials and give you courage and strength to bear all for Her.

Sincerely,
Phil Berggren

crackers
03-18-2009, 07:46 PM
hi phil and welcome.sounds like you've got a decent med team behing you which is a good thing and you're working as well.how i envy you.like most other people i used to moan about getting up in the morning to go to work but now i would give anything to be able to do so.
john.

coffeelover
03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Welcome Phil,

I am anxious to hear your story as I was just diagnosed in Jan of this year.
I hope crackers progress improves so he can get back to work or play or doing what he wants to do.
coffeelover

andrew
03-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Hiya Phil, welcome to the club! Your docs sound great, you're very lucky to have them. Very few will allow patients to email them, that's awesome!

I'm looking forward to reading your story when you're able to write it. Word of advice: type it out somewhere else (like MS Word) first then copy/paste into the forum. It'll save some heartache if you get a connection problem half way through typing. A couple of members here have had that issue and it's not fun losing all your good work :o

jola57
03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Welcome to fellow canuck.