PDA

View Full Version : Mtx

Chris G
08-17-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm finally off mtx and feeling great! To all of you who are on it......... if you feel fine, that's GREAT! But if you think it's messing with your head, don't let the docs tell you that it isn't. (I feel quite sure they haven't been on it for months on end). Here's my story.

At the beginning I don't think I had much trouble with it, but I may have been so sick that I couldn't tell. After several months on it, my brain function was pretty severly diminished. I've been keeping a secret, which I will tell now that I'm off of mtx...... For a while I was taking my weekly dose at work, with my lunch. The first time I took my highest dose (30mg), by the end of the day, I could barely hold my head up. While driving home, I reached to adjust my heat, and I hit a mailbox, and nearly slid off of the road. I felt completely drunk, and it was really scary.

Please don't think I'm advocating against it......just be careful, and know that if you think your brain function is impaired, that you're not crazy.

Psyborg
08-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Funny you should mention this. I've not had that drastic a reaction, but since the bumped up my MTX Tuesdays and Wednesdays have been rough, so I'm planning to move my dose day to Saturday instead. Hate feeling exhausted all day at work.

Sangye
08-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Wow, Chris I'm glad you're okay. What a perfect example of how docs need to listen to their patients. When I was on ctx the first time I got a cough that got worse and worse. My docs told me it couldn't possibly be the ctx. But within a couple days of stopping ctx the cough completely stopped, too. I later learned ctx is toxic to the lungs.

maria garcia
09-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Chris after reading your post I have some quesions. I was just told my daughter will be taking MTX. How awful the side effect you went through. Did you keep having these effects? I have read some information in the internet. Please give me all the information you can on your experience. How long have you been on it? Are you on a high dose or low? Im so desperatly seeking advise. She has episclerities in her eyes for the last year and also scar tissue under her eye lid.