PDA

View Full Version : One year ago today

freakyschizogirl
08-16-2011, 09:57 PM
I was diagnosed a year ago today. And wow, what a year!

Just wanna say thanks to all of you for advice, guidance and inspiration. :hug3::hug1::thumbsup:

Psyborg
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Isn't it weird...I hit a year in July (though technically more like April), and I can't believe it's already been a year of dealing with this weirdness.

freakyschizogirl
08-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Yes very odd, and anti climatic....thought i'd be in remission by now. But that was very naive of me...hopefully the Rituxmab will kick me into remission and i'll be having that sooner rather than later.

Dunno how to mark the occasion really...is it a celebration? Hard to feel happy about it.

1 year on with my best friend forever. Here's to next year.

DEE
08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
:ohmy::thumbsup::thumbup::hug3: Here's to next year getting better and better .DEE x
ps your lucky to get this post ,I've just locked myself out of my house ! luckily a neighbours grandaughter came to the rescue. Mountainered sp a gate to let me in !!!!!!

delorisdoe
08-16-2011, 11:55 PM
It is kinda like what it would be like to congratulate someone on a happy one year marriage when you know they now hate each other isnt it?

Sangye
08-17-2011, 01:42 AM
I celebrated my one year anniversary with increased intracranial pressure that nearly left me blind in both eyes, and would have killed me had it gone on a few more hours. I then learned I'd have to stay on treatment for 2 more years. Because I had been told by my first uninformed docs that I only had to do 1 year of treatment and all would be well, I felt completely betrayed. My care was a total mess back then.

I hope you get into remission soon Sam, and that it lasts for many years. :hug1:

drz
08-17-2011, 02:09 AM
It is kinda like what it would be like to congratulate someone on a happy one year marriage when you know they now hate each other isnt it?

Love this quote. I was diagnosed last April and at the end of this month will be my anniversary of one year back home. Last year was rough but this year is looking a lot better so far.

Chris G
08-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Here's to remission in the coming year!! That didn't sound right......hopefully sooner than later!:rolleyes1:

Geoff
08-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Hey Sam Congratulations!!! Whats the other options??? Its great to see how far you have come in just 12 months.
You have been inspirational in how you have dealt with so many issues that have come your way.

Good luck with the driving, and do you see yourself taking your driving test in the Tutu???? :ohmy:

delorisdoe
08-17-2011, 04:57 AM
Good idea, that would def distract the tester man from your driving

freakyschizogirl
08-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Drinving test in my tutu...er...not to sure about that, i think that comes under dazzling other road users?

Thanks guys for all your messages, Leigh - sitting here giggling!!

Looking forward to year 2. I have a new found optimism. And the dark tunnel is ful of light. :thumbsup::w00t:

RCOSSIO
08-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Congrats Freaky...when i hit my first year I was traveling to Atlanta, Seattle and NYC...my company was relocating me...so they flew me around. So I guess you should travel to somewhere and celebrate the "NOW"

Enjoy:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

NicShaf
08-18-2011, 09:37 AM

You have a way with words, Leigh. I love your blunt honestly.

freakyschizogirl, I hope next year we're celebrating your remission! Take care! :)

delorisdoe
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
my boss whom also loves it calls it my "lack of filter".

freakyschizogirl
08-18-2011, 07:19 PM
I also passed the theory part of my driving test on Tues, way to celebrate being diagnosed i guess??

ooooh, and i had a date too. I can suddenly feel my luck changing.

DEE
08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Congratulation on the test , Hope your luck is definately changing . new guy :cool::thumbup:

Natalie
08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi Sam.. all the best bud .. xx

malin
08-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Yey well done on the test, good luck with the date and hope your 2nd year is all about getting better n better! :) :thumbsup:

I think one of the most important things that gets me through the years is that I do not really have my hopes set on remission but rather hope for just feeling good. As long as I feel ok, i don't really honestly care if I'm on meds or not. (don't get me wrong, of course remission would be amazing!)

freakyschizogirl
08-19-2011, 04:45 AM
lol Malin, great to hear from you.

I agree, as long as i feel relatively healthy i'm not bothered i'm medically smouldering, although saying goodbye to the pred would be nice.

new guy is great, making me laugh and smile...something i've really needed this past year. Fingers crossed for me. lol.