PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Random Thoughts / Random Status Updates

Pages : [1] 2

GARYfromBOSTON
08-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Once in a while I sign-on to the forum and have nothing WG related to say.

Sometimes I just need conversation to raise my spirits, small talk if you will.

With that in mind, this thread is for random thoughts and random updates that may or may not spark conversation.

I hope to post every few days if I can get on-line. Feel free to post your own randomness.

Gary

GARYfromBOSTON
08-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Today’s random post:

Market down 5% today! Market down more than 10% from April!

Ouch L

Cover eyes. Peeks between cracks in fingers at future retirement balance. Turns head quickly. Where did it go??

Hope we don’t go back into recession. Hope my neighbors on all sides don’t get laid off again. For that matter, hope I don’t get canned!

(Sorry for the downbeat post, promise to be happier next one ;) )

pberggren1
08-05-2011, 09:34 AM
This is reality though Gary. I honestly think that things are going to get much worse. All the data points towards a great depression again.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-05-2011, 08:14 PM
You may be right Phil. It's very frustrating. I've invested money for my kids education and it has negative return over seven years. And even in these dark times, education costs keep rising. So much for my happy post this time :biggrin:

delorisdoe
08-05-2011, 08:53 PM
"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success."
-Brian Adams

Also from Brian Adams...Dont pick at your zits.

renidrag
08-05-2011, 09:06 PM
I do the same thing, sign on with nothing to say, like now.

delorisdoe
08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I do the same thing, sign on with nothing to say, like now.

are you suggesting that what I said was of no significance??? :wink1::crying:

renidrag
08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Absolutey not, I was responding to Gary's first post. I love your posts. Sorry if it came off that way, I was trying to be funny.
Dale

delorisdoe
08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I know and you were funny. Seriously though...Brian Adams is of no significance although he is canadian so I should support him. Actually I dont think he is Canadian anymore. Him and celine Dion. I am not complaing...please...keep Celine...seriously we dont want her back. Please

delorisdoe
08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
One more and then I am done. I have been trying to reattach the top part of the sole of my work shoes for weeks. I have tried gorrilla glue, staples and double sided tape and NOTHING lasts longer than 10-15 seconds. I just found a tube of krazy glue and it worked-its been 7 minutes now and my sole is still attached to my shoe, new record. Also, my right pant leg is now attached to my right thigh. I am not sure if this is good or bad. At least my pants will go no further than my knees if someone tries to pull them off. whew. I may also be stuck to my chair.

watersedge
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
"When the skies are grey and the good times are over and fortune has torn us apart. When I'm only a memory on a long summers evening, keep me a place in your heart."
A verse from one of my dad's favourite songs by Dolores Keane called "Place in your heart".
I miss him so much.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-05-2011, 11:54 PM
As Mr. Adams once said, “Ain't no use in complainin', when you got a job to do”. I’m done griping about the market :thumbsup:

Leigh, I got a good laugh from your glue post! Don’t worry; you can’t over-post in this thread. Keep the updates coming!

Renidrag, you need to let us know if you own any Bryan Adams CDs. Leigh and I might want to borrow them :tongue1:

delorisdoe
08-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Yesterday my boss-princess katie-giggled at something I said and then said "I missed you when you were on vacation". I thought wow that is nice she verbalized her recognintion of all of the hard work I do and finally admitted she would not want to do this job without me-I know I took some liberties from that but hey. "ya, I totally missed your lack of filter". Oh. she missed my sarcasm.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-06-2011, 02:52 AM
74º and sunny! Just had a relaxing lunch hour stroll. Looking forward to the weekend. For now, back to the grind.

freakyschizogirl
08-06-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm going on a hen night tomorrow night wearing a neon white and blue tutu!! Photos will most likely follow!!

delorisdoe
08-06-2011, 03:40 AM
is this a uk thing??? what is a hen night. do you get to pick out what colour of tutu you get to wear. do tell freaky

BrianR
08-06-2011, 04:05 AM
As Mr. Adams once said, “Ain't no use in complainin', when you got a job to do”. I’m done griping about the market :thumbsup:

Leigh, I got a good laugh from your glue post! Don’t worry; you can’t over-post in this thread. Keep the updates coming!

Renidrag, you need to let us know if you own any Bryan Adams CDs. Leigh and I might want to borrow them :tongue1:

Boy, am I glad you are done griping about the market Gary. That means I can pick up where you left off. OK here goes...STUPID MARKET! STUPID ME! STUPID MARKET, STUPID ME...(repeat ad nauseum).

As for Bryan Adams - my collection of his "works" are filed with my collection of Captain & Tenille albums.

Leigh - I am with you. Celine is "theirs" to keep (or ship her to the UK - those people seem to have learned to put up with just about anything; they're a tough lot).

delorisdoe
08-06-2011, 04:15 AM
ha ha ha. I actually like most of Brian Adams. His love songs written for movies anoyed me but his rock songs are great. Do you really think once the us grows tired of celine we can ship over there? Maybe after that asia-they love David Hasselhof?

GARYfromBOSTON
08-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Boy, am I glad you are done griping about the market Gary. That means I can pick up where you left off. OK here goes...STUPID MARKET! STUPID ME! STUPID MARKET, STUPID ME...(repeat ad nauseum).

OK, I lied. More griping.

On three Brian,
1... 2... 3....

Sell it all!! Sell it all!! I may be panicking, but can't watch it fall!
Sell it all!! Sell it all!! I'll regret it in the morning, but it's my call!

GARYfromBOSTON
08-06-2011, 07:48 AM
BTW, I'm going into town with the wife and kids to watch Tangled (http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/tangled/) in the park. Can't wait! Have a nice weekend all!!

pberggren1
08-06-2011, 12:15 PM
OK, where do I start. This thread is so funny. I agree we should not let Celine Dion back in Canada. I have some other info on Celine if anyone is interested? Just message me and I will fill you in.

What is Tangled in the park, Gary?

Gary and Brian, you guys are funny. But all joking aside this thing in the US and Europe is only the tip of the iceberg and we little people have much to suffer yet.

I had no idea that Brian Adams said those things Leigh.

These posts should be in the funny thread. lol

jola57
08-06-2011, 01:40 PM
OOoooh I loved Tangled and I dont have small kids, tell me which part kids liked best

GARYfromBOSTON
08-06-2011, 11:06 PM
OOoooh I loved Tangled and I dont have small kids, tell me which part kids liked best

HaHa. They loved "BEST.. DAY... EVER!" and my girls say that all the time, they love when she's bonking him with the pan and stuffing him in the closet, and they love the funny horse.

It was a lovely night. I think 3-4 thousand were there! I also think I slept through some of it lol!

mishb
08-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Just updated my Avatar
Here is my random ....... I love frogs.

There I said it :razz: I love frogs (aah, that feels better)

My house is full of 100's of frog ornaments and pictures. Green tree frogs are the best.

Okay, back to the little padded room for me.

freakyschizogirl
08-07-2011, 09:05 PM
is this a uk thing??? what is a hen night. do you get to pick out what colour of tutu you get to wear. do tell freaky

A hen night is like a bachlorette for americans. Neon Tutu thing is a throw back to the 80's rave days...and we all like dressing up from time to time. So...question is....do you like my new avatar?? lol

delorisdoe
08-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Fabulous!!!

I accidentily swallowed a cherry pit last night.

DEE
08-07-2011, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=freakyschizogirl;45329 So...question is....do you like my new avatar?? lol[/QUOTE]

LOOKS :thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup::cool1::thumbsup:

Sangye
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
ROTFL It's great! :thumbsup:

freakyschizogirl
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
lol thanks guys, think i went a bit over the top but i dont do things by halves - especially when dressing up!!

delorisdoe
08-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Totally how I dressed in the 80's. Totally.

DEE
08-08-2011, 12:03 AM
shuuuuuuuuuuuush everyone , sounds like Sam needs quiet :unsure::biggrin1::flapper::ohmy:

delorisdoe
08-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I just realised I have always spelt wegeners wrong. Lmao. Gosh I'm dumb. I have always known myself to be the most clueless wegeners patient ever but I would have thought I could at least spelt it right. We are talking ten years here people. At least now I understand why my doctor says wegeners and not wegners. I just thought he had a speach impediment. Funny I can spell granulomatosis just fine. Wegeners. Who knew. This changes eveything.

pberggren1
08-08-2011, 10:34 AM
You are hilarious Leigh!

delorisdoe
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I went back and checked my first post and sure enough I spelt it wegners. I'm gonna check my hotmail because I have a folder from a mailng list from ten years ago that I bet is called wegners crap instead of wegeners crap. I had an indian food buffet for dinner and I am now not sure if it is the food that is hurting me or if the diverticulitis is back.

pberggren1
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
hopefully it is just the food.

freakyschizogirl
08-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Be as loud as ya like, i wasn't hung over...but i definately dont bounce back as quick after the night as i did before medications/ diagnosis.

Wont stop me partying tho...rarely do it these days. You think i look good? My sister looked like Magenta from Rocky Horror Picture Show. lol

DEE
08-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Thats what i meant . Its what I call tired with a capital T .
DEE X

Chris G
08-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Love the tutu.......... hate Brian Adams and Celine Dion (no we're not keeping her but thanks for the offer).

Oh, and I LOVE frogs too!!!! Real ones. On a camping trip last year, my friend was woken by a green tree frog hopping around on her pillow. Funniest thing ever!!!! She did not think it was funny.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-09-2011, 07:58 AM
.......... hate Brian Adams and Celine Dion (no we're not keeping her but thanks for the offer).

I have this to say about Bryan Adam's singing, "It cuts like a knife, but it feels so right.” :laugh:

Natalie
08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
@ delorisdoe (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/members/delorisdoe.html) loL your not the only one ! Im bloody hopeless with spelling wegeners.. I used to put an 'A' in there some where lol . And if someone askes me to spell it I cant I have to write it down First :P

delorisdoe
08-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I have this to say about Bryan Adam's singing, "It cuts like a knife, but it feels so right.” :laugh:

actually I am pretty sure you are keeping her. She has no planns to return so you have no choice.

Chris G
08-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Something tall is eating the leaves off of the tops of my tomato plants - just the leaves!

freakyschizogirl
08-10-2011, 04:41 AM
We have ONE courgette in our garden, which has taken AGES to grow, i will take a photo of its awesomeness and post it at a later date.

delorisdoe
08-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Yes. You must take a photo of a courgette if for no other reason then to help me learn what a courgette is. My best guess is it is half a cigarette half an divorced 40-50 something woman on the prowl.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-10-2011, 11:57 AM
yes. You must take a photo of a courgette if for no other reason then to help me learn what a courgette is. My best guess is it is half a cigarette half an divorced 40-50 something woman on the prowl.

rotflmao!!

vdub
08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
British for zuchinni, love.... :-)

delorisdoe
08-10-2011, 08:02 PM
well I can see why we dumped that word when we left there

delorisdoe
08-10-2011, 09:05 PM
My boss princess katie is back so life as i know it is comming to a halt.

pberggren1
08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
introduce katie to me. lol

freakyschizogirl
08-12-2011, 03:51 AM
British for zuchinni, love.... :-)

Well we're all learning today, i didn't know what a Zuchinni was!

delorisdoe
08-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Well we're all learning today, i didn't know what a Zuchinni was!

mine are big too

delorisdoe
08-12-2011, 05:12 AM
introduce katie to me. lol

princess katie is involved and only dates proffessional athletes as they are the only men her father aproves of and if the king is unhappy we all suffer

freakyschizogirl
08-12-2011, 05:40 AM
princess katie is involved and only dates proffessional athletes as they are the only men her father aproves of and if the king is unhappy we all suffer

Get the Bat mobile out Phil, if that doesnt impress her/ her dad i dunno what will.

delorisdoe
08-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Daddy would aprove of a batmobile.

pberggren1
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Does her daddy have Lambos? I could borrow one from my sis. lol

delorisdoe
08-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Lambos is that another word for zuccini?

delorisdoe
08-13-2011, 05:51 AM
I smell pizza...too bad it is steak night.

pberggren1
08-13-2011, 12:30 PM
You are too funny Leigh.

delorisdoe
08-14-2011, 03:00 AM
worst part is we had hotdogs...i supose i should translate that for those of you from the uk...we had gurgonsoznas.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-14-2011, 04:05 AM
OK mates, I just lost 65 lbs! (well, not just... it took 3-4 months). And I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back ;)

30 lbs to go, I'll let you know when I'm svelte :razz:

vdub
08-14-2011, 04:34 AM
I just lost 65 lbs!
Cool! A success story... Love to hear of those. Theoretically, I should be losing weight as my cortef is reduced. It will be a slow process, but I have lost 8 lbs in the last couple weeks. I'm 6' and at 230 now.... Uhhhhh, let me see that would be about 16 and half stones or 180 zucchinis. I figure if I get down to 210, that will be good enough.

pberggren1
08-14-2011, 04:42 AM
I have heard a couple people with Wegs are over 400 lbs.

vdub
08-14-2011, 04:48 AM
It would not surprise me at all. The prednisone puts on a lot of unwanted weight and it's very difficult to control. Actually, it's darned near impossible to control. My PCP told me to not fight it, just go with the flow.....

pberggren1
08-14-2011, 04:52 AM
I asked my doc about my weight and he laughed at me. I am 5'10" and 165 lbs. I have a gut but not really overweight. He said who doesn't have a gut. Well, I know quite a few people much older than me that don't have guts hanging out. So I guess I will just put up with it until I can go out for walks again. Too hot and sunny in the summer time to go out. I think in the winter I will go out.

renidrag
08-14-2011, 04:55 AM
I have also dropped weight. 271 down to 245. I can carry it at 6-4 but was 200 most of my life. Will be happy with 210. It is definitely difficult to get down. I don't eat lunch and have very small portions. Except last night, the ribs were really good.
Dale

delorisdoe
08-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Cool! A success story... Love to hear of those. Theoretically, I should be losing weight as my cortef is reduced. It will be a slow process, but I have lost 8 lbs in the last couple weeks. I'm 6' and at 230 now.... Uhhhhh, let me see that would be about 16 and half stones or 180 zucchinis. I figure if I get down to 210, that will be good enough.

yes, please translate from stones to something i can understand like zucchinis. I lost 60 pounds since last year. My recent hospitalization where they would only feed me ice chips for 3 days knocked off another 15. I have another 25 to go. I wonder if there is a way I can trick them into letting me in the hospital and feeding me only ice again. Advice anyone???

pberggren1
08-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Leigh, you could just feed yourself the ice chips or change your diet a bit too. Are you able to exercise at all?

delorisdoe
08-14-2011, 06:02 AM
yes i can exercise but no, I can not feed myself ice chips!!!! I have no such will power. At the hospital when one of the orderlies almost screwed up and gave me a meal 3 nurses went balistic and handed me a cup of ice and wisked away my dinner. that is the only way I could eat ice chips again. Plus, in the hospital I watched tv, read books , people brought me all of the ice I could ever want and asked me often how i felt. it was the most and the best attention I have received in years. My surgen was hilarious and good looking and the residents were not too bad either. the woman across from me pooped her bed but other than that I felt like I was staying in the four seasons with maids and ice chip makers etc. fabulous diet.

vdub
08-14-2011, 06:55 AM
I have a gut but not really overweight.
The "gut" is unavoidable. There isn't much you can do about it. My understanding of the steroids is that they erode callogen, which is the connective tissue in muscle mass that contributes to shape and form. Without the callogen, you get the gut. Seems I read that somewhere, but I would have to do some searching to find it again. Maybe someone can confirm or deny....

the woman across from me pooped her bed but other than that I felt like I was staying in the four seasons with maids and ice chip makers
That is soooo funny! ROTFLMAO!

Psyborg
08-14-2011, 07:36 AM
When I was admitted last May I had a crazy person accross the hall that spent the entire 3 days I was there screaming
"NURSE, NURSE"
"I HURT I HURT!"

Seriously, like every 10-15 minutes she'd start up again until they doped her into a stooper. Ugg, I think she may have been mentally challenged, but after 3 days feeling horrible and having a person wake you up every time you drift off, I was ready to go over and club her in the head.

delorisdoe
08-14-2011, 11:16 PM
I have a confession...I watch nascar AND canadian football.

Also, the extra e in wegeners annoys me and I will no longer be using it.

drz
08-15-2011, 02:10 AM
I have a confession...I watch nascar AND canadian football.

Also, the extra e in wegeners annoys me and I will no longer be using it.

That is part of reason I like using the GPA abbreviation. Interesting though that no doctor or insurance form has used the new name on my insurance forms or medical reports yet. Has anyone seen it on any of their paper work?

GARYfromBOSTON
08-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Who here has played guitar hero??

My wife and kids are away, so I'm having a few buds over for GH, pizza and a cold one. With no one home, we will CRANK IT UP!! :thumbup:

So, should I wail on lead guitar, thump thebbass or pound the skins? (that last one did not come out right LOL!)

delorisdoe
08-15-2011, 03:10 AM
On xbox rock band bass is easiest so you look talented but it is boring. My best song is wonderwall -i achieve 97% for lead guitar and singing at the same time yes I am that good. Anything by metalica is almost impossible to finish.

vdub
08-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Hmmmm, they probably don't have anything by the Platters.....

freakyschizogirl
08-15-2011, 07:41 AM
I had a thought - if you were made of chocolate and ate yourself, would you lose or gain weight???

delorisdoe
08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Good question freaky...

Rini
08-15-2011, 01:23 PM
no way, i was thinking something like this ....file:///C:/Users/Erin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/Users/Erin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png1377

Natalie
08-16-2011, 08:43 AM
beautiful day life is good :)

vdub
08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Same in this part of the world. Wonderful day....

freakyschizogirl
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Bit overcast here in (un)sunny UK!

delorisdoe
08-16-2011, 10:51 PM
I work tuesday through saturday so today I am at work. I dont really care much for work anymore. Wish I could do it part time and still keep payments on my mortage up but then who doesnt wish that right? I think its sunny. Doesn matter much to me tuesday through saturday what the weather is like.

For breakfast I had a tomatoe sandwich. We have 7 tomatoe plants that yield aproximately 5 tomatoes a day. I dont like eggplant too much.

delorisdoe
08-16-2011, 10:56 PM
I am supposed to be working right now...not typing.

Chris G
08-17-2011, 02:17 AM
I am supposed to be working right now...not typing.

Me too.

I found out what was eating the leaves off of the top of my tomato plant. It was the biggest caterpillar I've ever seen, and it scared the crap out of me.

delorisdoe
08-17-2011, 02:24 AM
as long as it only eats the leaves...

delorisdoe
08-19-2011, 03:36 AM
There is a funeral in town today for the most popular guy in our town. Everyone that knew him is wearing purple because purple is his favorite colour.

freakyschizogirl
08-19-2011, 03:47 AM
I got drenched walking to work. I would've got here drier if i'd swam up the lane (river). Me in pyjamas, clothes in the dryer, perfect way to start the shift!!

delorisdoe
08-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Your rivers are lanes? what are your lanes? doesnt it always rain there? You are going to have to teach me about your foreign ways

BrianR
08-19-2011, 04:25 AM
How bout those markets? My advice is to invest in booze stocks as they rise in direct correlation with the fall in value of other stocks. I will do my part tonight to boost the value of Kokanee beer stocks and Appleton Rum. (I have been warned yet again not to touch the medicinal Grappa)

pberggren1
08-19-2011, 06:50 AM
How bout those markets? My advice is to invest in booze stocks as they rise in direct correlation with the fall in value of other stocks. I will do my part tonight to boost the value of Kokanee beer stocks and Appleton Rum. (I have been warned yet again not to touch the medicinal Grappa)

Go ahead and sneak the Grappa. It did nothing for me. lol

marta
08-19-2011, 06:55 AM
no toucha my grappa....:sneaky:

:wink1:

pberggren1
08-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Just vodka and rum I guess Brian. Keep those stocks up. lol

GARYfromBOSTON
08-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Harpoon IPA stock is going to be going up as well, I'll do my part!

freakyschizogirl
08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
"Why is the rum gone?" To quote Pirates of the Caribbean!!

Sangye
08-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Did I tell you guys that recently I learned I've been using the disposable toilet seat covers backwards my entire life?

If so, I want to tell you that after several weeks of testing the new way I haven't had a single one fall in the toilet.

DEE
08-20-2011, 03:15 AM
ROTFL :flapper::lol::laugh::w00t:

delorisdoe
08-20-2011, 04:49 AM
do you like my new avatar? he is what I got when I googled "feeling sick".

drz
08-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Did I tell you guys that recently I learned I've been using the disposable toilet seat covers backwards my entire life?

If so, I want to tell you that after several weeks of testing the new way I haven't had a single one fall in the toilet.

I guess we are never too old to learn something new. At least that is one less stressor in your life and every bit helps. i just learned to tied my shoes so they stayed tied too this year. didn't know there was a right and wrong way till this year.

GARYfromBOSTON
08-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Wife and kids are out; need a horrible guy movie to watch....

BIG Trouble in little China!!! :w00t:

Sangye
08-20-2011, 10:33 AM
I guess we are never too old to learn something new. At least that is one less stressor in your life and every bit helps. i just learned to tied my shows so they stayed tied too this year.

ROTFL! :w00t:

freakyschizogirl
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM

Love it Leigh, wondered where you had got it from, loving the purple fluffy slippers!

Sangye
08-21-2011, 01:14 AM
I love how the hand is dragging on the ground. Too tired to even hold it up! LOL

delorisdoe
08-21-2011, 02:40 AM
He looks how I feel when my flares include my lungs.

Rini
08-21-2011, 07:34 AM

SO CUTE! i like how hes all green and droopy eyed

delorisdoe
08-22-2011, 09:10 PM
today should be interesting...

Red
08-23-2011, 03:35 AM
this is funny1401kid fly free with some restrictions

Red
08-23-2011, 03:36 AM
hold the relish1402

delorisdoe
08-23-2011, 06:04 AM
I like the last one

Chris G
08-23-2011, 06:13 AM
OMG Red - I have to have that puppy!!!!! I LOVE dachschunds!

Chris G
08-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Ok......there he is - you forced my hand.......my dachshund Cooper!

Rini
08-23-2011, 07:09 AM
hold the relish1402

OMGsh he is so little! check out this guy http://www.thelensflare.com/large/dogs_12163.jpg

delorisdoe
08-23-2011, 08:27 AM
and pink...why is he pink?

delorisdoe
08-23-2011, 09:15 AM
I just boiled two eggs in not much water for 45 minutes. It smells bad to say the least.

Psyborg
08-23-2011, 10:01 AM
ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GARYfromBOSTON
08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
I just boiled two eggs in not much water for 45 minutes. It smells bad to say the least.

Leigh, so far you'd win the award for being by far the most random! :thumbsup:

Sangye
08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
LOL! I second that vote.

DEE
08-23-2011, 11:44 PM
OK just commited the preds sin ,went to grocery shopping without having had anything to eat !!!!. ice cream,meatpies .cornishpastie.chocolate biscuits I never buy these .:w00t:
Sandwich as we left the shop . Now I feel sick, and the bank looks sick - - - -- £££££££££££ .

delorisdoe
08-24-2011, 09:08 AM
mmmm...

It is small grape season...there is truly no better fruit. I'm also excited about apple season. 3 months of fresh canadian apples, aka no more of the "product from usa crap". :)

My house still stinks.

Rini
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM

1) idk y pink
2) my mom did this and left them, (she was cleaning upstairs and did not c the water go down) eventually they exploded. scrambled eggs could still be found on repeatedly scrubbed stucco ceiling when we moved out.

delorisdoe
08-24-2011, 11:14 PM
OK just commited the preds sin ,went to grocery shopping without having had anything to eat !!!!. ice cream,meatpies .cornishpastie.chocolate biscuits I never buy these .:w00t:
Sandwich as we left the shop . Now I feel sick, and the bank looks sick - - - -- £££££££££££ .

lol

I am the general manager of two restaurant type places in town. Every half hour or so fresh muffins, biscuits, bagels, croissants etc come out of the oven and let me tell you how good they smell. I decided on sunday that I would finish off my weight loss I had started last year at the same time. To do this I eliminate all pasta, rice, potato, and any type of bread products at all. This is a type of torture to me but when I try to limit this stuff it makes me want more of it...today for breakfast i had a breakfast sandwich minus the egg and cheese. gosh it smells good in here.

pberggren1
08-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Leigh:

So the sandwich would just be bread then?

delorisdoe
08-25-2011, 07:02 AM
no I am just dumb. I meant minus the bread and cheese...just the egg and meat.

pberggren1
08-25-2011, 07:04 AM
no I am just dumb. I meant minus the bread and cheese...just the egg and meat.

Too much pred today? lol

Chris G
08-25-2011, 07:47 AM
mmmm...

It is small grape season...there is truly no better fruit. I'm also excited about apple season. 3 months of fresh canadian apples, aka no more of the "product from usa crap". :)

HEY!!! Not nice!:crying:

delorisdoe
08-25-2011, 08:16 AM
HEY!!! Not nice!:crying:

Ok, but let me send you some out of season "made in canada crap" .

Actualy, you most likely get the same yucky fruit we do out of season. :flapper:

Chris G
08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Nope you can keep your yucky out of season fruit. But keep sending the beer.

delorisdoe
08-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Nope you can keep your yucky out of season fruit. But keep sending the beer.

Deal:w00t:

delorisdoe
08-26-2011, 12:31 AM
This random yet wegeners related. Today it is my right hand pinky finger side that is playing the wegeners game. My right knee is also on board. For me for months before I start coughing blood my body parts take their turn at reminding me whos boss. A few minutes ago a piece of work equipment stopped working. My boss is cheap. The way we fix what is broken around here if possible is to beat the crap out of it with our fists. I am right handed and I just used my right hand pinky side to beat up a sugar dispenser. After the first punch I thought "uh oh...yet kept on going so as not to look like I do not know how to fix things. Yup. I showed them. The sugar machine is up and running. My hand is looking and feeling pretty bad. Aparently I was trying to show wegeners whos boss. I am not so sure they got the message.

GARYfromBOSTON
09-02-2011, 02:10 AM
I might be buying a new house! I'm in an old ranch now and I guess because of the great recession, new construction may now be in my price range. The stuff I'm looking at is somewhat small, but I would love a newer place. Hopefully updates soon...

Hammy8241
09-02-2011, 03:19 AM
I wonder how Jack is getting on:sad:

DEE
09-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Maybe we will hear from him or someone , after the meeting on friday . Miss him too .:sad:

Sangye
09-02-2011, 06:34 AM
What meeting?

DEE
09-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Jack said there was going to be a team meeting of doctors on Friday to look at all his results etc, its what usually done on thursday or fridays in uk hospitals

Sangye
09-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh! I thought you Brits were all having a meeting. I was gonna hop on a plane....

DEE
09-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Its hard not knowing .

Sangye
09-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Yes, it is. :sad:

GARYfromBOSTON
09-07-2011, 03:27 AM
My wife's birthday today! But, I still need to pick something else up. Any gift ideas?

pberggren1
09-07-2011, 04:21 AM
My wife's birthday today! But, I still need to pick something else up. Any gift ideas?

A home cooked meal.

DEE
09-07-2011, 04:39 AM
AND WASH THE DISHES !!!:flapper:

delorisdoe
09-07-2011, 08:56 AM

an ereader?? only if she reads though. lol

RudiK
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Gary, I would go for the home-cooked meal including washing AND drying the dishes. Rudi K.

GARYfromBOSTON
09-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Gary, I would go for the home-cooked meal including washing AND drying the dishes. Rudi K.

Haha! Very good ideas!

delorisdoe
09-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I have my wg specialist today. It will be a colosal waste of time as usual. Last time I left quite angry And this time I am getting the results of blood tests I did not need but they ordered because they don't listen. So in short...good day ahead.

freakyschizogirl
09-09-2011, 04:20 AM
I am gonna attempt to trump you Leigh when i tell you (and sorry to the guys who might wanna stop reading...) that i booked my smear test today. Lucky me. :(

delorisdoe
09-09-2011, 04:25 AM
You win :flapper::flapper::flapper:

freakyschizogirl
09-09-2011, 04:31 AM
Yes!! lol :thumbsup::rolleyes1:

delorisdoe
09-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Is that a pic of you with the doc afterwards:unsure:

Chris G
09-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Is that a pic of you with the doc afterwards:unsure:

OMG I'm crying from laughing so hard.

freakyschizogirl
09-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Definately not Leigh!! Thats my new man. x

Hammy8241
09-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Definately not Leigh!! Thats my new man. x

How much did you get for the old one?

Fran
09-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Hammy - Love the new member of your family - what a little cutie !

Sam - Still laughing at what Delorisdoe wrote about your new chap being the doctor! - he looks very nice.....and tall (or are you very small? ) x

Fran

delorisdoe
09-10-2011, 09:00 AM
I just thought since they have strange names for fruit etc in the uk maybe they have strange customs as well and you are expected to take a pic with the doc who smears you.

pberggren1
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I just thought since they have strange names for fruit etc in the uk maybe they have strange customs as well and you are expected to take a pic with the doc who smears you.

I think you need a higher dose of pred.........lol

Sangye
09-11-2011, 12:13 PM
How much did you get for the old one?

ROTFL....
And congratulations on that sweet little puppy face!

freakyschizogirl
09-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Not enough Hammy!! Not enough for the old one.
Loving your new edition, what a cutie! I'll swap ya for a Lurcher?? No? Oh well.

Fran i'm 5"7 so by no means short, he is well over 6 foot, feel like a dwarf!!

Leigh you crack me up, really!! I dont think she needs more meds Phil! Obviously over medicated!!

marta
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
You guys are hillarious. Thanks for the giggles.

Geoff
09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey just met 'Freaky' aka Sam at Addenbrookes!! What a beautiful surprise. :love:

(Been dying to use that Smilie!!)

Big Hugs all round :hug1:

Watch out I'm coming to meet you one by one!!

LisaMarie
09-23-2011, 11:01 PM
ok what is up with the weather...I am freezing and it is only 49 outside....guess I better get out the winter wear.....by this afternnon it will be 70....ughh weather make up your mind....my body does not do well with your change anymore

freakyschizogirl
09-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Hey just met 'Freaky' aka Sam at Addenbrookes!! What a beautiful surprise. :love:

(Been dying to use that Smilie!!)

Big Hugs all round :hug1:

Watch out I'm coming to meet you one by one!!

Freaky being the word, Geoff! And what a wonderful surprise! Can ya do me a favour tho and introduce yourself BEFORE you sit down next time, scared me half to death!!
Was so lovely to meet ya in person tho. Lets hope we bump into each other again x x

pberggren1
09-26-2011, 06:29 AM
I am so glad you 2 finally got to meet. I was in the docs waiting room last week and 2 other Weggies were waiting after me.

drz
09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
I am so glad you 2 finally got to meet. I was in the docs waiting room last week and 2 other Weggies were waiting after me.

What do you call a trio of Weggies? Pride of lions? Flock of birds? Herd of cattle? Murder of crows? School of fish? Bin of Weggies?

Sangye
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
A bucket of trouble. :wink1:

Rini
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Bin? i think it would b cool 2 meet a weggie. IDK anyone very close but maybe one of these days I can travel over to someone...adding that 2 my bucket list.

freakyschizogirl
09-26-2011, 04:33 PM
A bucket of trouble. :wink1:

I was thinking a waddle of weggies. lol.

Hammy8241
09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
The world seems empty this morning:sad:

jola57
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I can't sleep. My heart is so heavy and my eyes full of tears. Why does losing a friend hurt so much.

Hammy8241
09-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Especially a "virtual" friend?

I guess part of it is it brings home our own vulnerability. Jack had survived so much and i for one, thought of him as invincible.
Part is the gratitude I feel for Jack being there when I needed advice, his sense of humour and the compassion in his writing.
A little bit of "what do we really know" about Jack WG yes but then - Husband, father, cat owner, engineer, cars, Len. Cohen , where his washing machine is - I'll have to go over his posts to remind me of more.

I'd often thought of poping up to see him but never did - that hurts too.

As a mark of respect, ive changed my aviator to Jacks Lenard Cohen for a week.

freakyschizogirl
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna miss seeing his avatar and his wit and wisdom. Truely is a dark day/ week for the forum.

renidrag
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Looks like we are all up early today, didn't sleep much last night. Thinking of Jack.
Dale

Geoff
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Been awake since 2.30 this morning with thoughts of him and his family tearing around my head.
It's strange trying to describe to friends how the loss of an 'Internet/virtual' friend can hurt so bad - I guess thats the measure of the man, he was that special.
Feeling very vunerable and isolated.

Hammy8241
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM

Not very manly but feeling the same. I guess there is only one thing to do...

Group Hug to all :hug1:

Sangye
09-27-2011, 01:07 AM
I love seeing Jack's avatar, Hammy--thank you for that. My heart feels so heavy. It's hard to imagine this forum without Jack. :sad:

jola57
09-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Life is such a precious gift, enjoy it to the fullest.

delorisdoe
09-27-2011, 02:16 AM

Yesterday I was in a really bad mood. I was yelling at my family and reacting to minor situations as if I were on 100mg of prednisone again. I was furious that I could not figure out why. I went for a walk alone and imediately started to think about Jack, life, death, wegeners. I am pretty sure that was what had me in a state as once I acknowledged my feelings, cried-not sure why-I felt better.

freakyschizogirl
09-27-2011, 02:43 AM
I had a similar experience Leigh and texted a few friends. Hard to convey to people how a virtual friends passing has affected me so much.

LisaMarie
09-27-2011, 02:49 AM
I am just so shocked and at a loss for words...Jack will be missed....and damn this sucks

delorisdoe
09-27-2011, 02:51 AM
I had a similar experience Leigh and texted a few friends. Hard to convey to people how a virtual friends passing has affected me so much.

Is it in part because we all have wegeners do you think? I felt selfish at first when I thought that but maybe it is okay to feel that way...

marta
09-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Especially a "virtual" friend?

I guess part of it is it brings home our own vulnerability. Jack had survived so much and i for one, thought of him as invincible.
Part is the gratitude I feel for Jack being there when I needed advice, his sense of humour and the compassion in his writing.
A little bit of "what do we really know" about Jack WG yes but then - Husband, father, cat owner, engineer, cars, Len. Cohen , where his washing machine is - I'll have to go over his posts to remind me of more.

I'd often thought of poping up to see him but never did - that hurts too.

As a mark of respect, ive changed my aviator to Jacks Lenard Cohen for a week.

I guess I should have read your post before starting one of my own. I'm such a putz. I too have been thinking about Jack since I heard the news. Brian is on here way more than me and came in to tell me the horrible news while I was still in bed... I haven't stopped thinking about him since that moment. I too am awake at night thinking about Jack and how much he's helped me in the last year and a half and how much I will miss him and his funny bone and wisdom not only for wegs but for life. Sad. I'm very sad for our loss, but happy that he is no longer suffering. I miss his susinct way of expressing himself - something I've never been able to do.

Sangye
09-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Is it in part because we all have wegeners do you think? I felt selfish at first when I thought that but maybe it is okay to feel that way...
I've made friends online that are not Weggies. There is always some mutual interest or even just a mutual sense of humor. I've met a few of the people I became friends with online, or just talked to them on the phone. You know what? We have the exact same type of conversations and interactions as we do online.

I think the only time it's a problem is when people only have online friends and don't have off-line relationships.

freakyschizogirl
09-27-2011, 06:03 AM
I am loving the Leonard Cohen avatars, they are making me smile.

Sangye
09-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Me too. I keep forgetting that I changed mine, and when I post something it surprises me and makes me smile.

elephant
09-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I am computer illiterate, I will never forget Jack. There will never be another Jack.

jola57
09-27-2011, 03:38 PM
For always, everytime I will see Leonard Cohen I will think of Jack.

mishb
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
I have Jack to thank for helping clear my nose these past few days......I know that sounds wrong but let me explain.

I was extremely sad about Jack's passing but I did not cry. Jack has written many times about his thoughts on death and although
I miss seeing Jack's replies to posts, I know that he will now be without pain and suffering and he was ready.

What did bring me to tears (and lots of them) was the overwhelming compassion for the loss of this man that all of YOU have shared on
many threads these past few days.

This then brings me to my cleared nose .......the crying has made it run (and run) and therefore, even though it is running ... it is better than being blocked.

Thankyou all for sharing your memories with all of us and thankyou Jack ...again.

rif
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Even tho I have never joined in on the forum I have regularly read the daily postings. When I saw that Jack had passed away it felt like losing an old friend. He appeared invincible, took whatever life threw at him and came out fighting. His advice and information given to many members went some way to calming my fears and keeping me sane when my son was dx with WG in March 2009 and almost died The staff in ICU allowed me to take several CD's in to play by his bedside even tho he was sedated and on a breathing machine to allow his lungs to heal, the CD that was always played the most was by Leonard Cohen. I have just listened to this CD again and have been close to tears thinking of what may have been and also of Jack and all his family and friends as this difficult time. Sorry this posting is a bit long but it is the first time I have felt able to put it into words.

Sangye
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Michelle-- I'm also so touched by how much Jack was loved. I wonder if he knew. I hope so.

rif-- Your post is wonderful just as it is.

gurinbasra
09-28-2011, 03:14 AM
I've had a hard week in which my heart has become heavier with the knowledge of parents that lost a young man who's the same age as my daughter, of a family member watching a mother dying of breast cancer, of a good friend struggling to help her husband with stage 4 of pancreatic cancer, of a relative that's just had chemo for breast cancer but she refuses to sit at home. I've been watching these people struggle, so I took my meds this morning, plugged in my hearing aids and struggled with my stuff a lot easier knowing that at least I saw the sunrise today!

Missing Jack's posts already.

drz
09-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Looks like we are all up early today, didn't sleep much last night. Thinking of Jack.
Dale

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I wonder if he knows how much we mourn his passing. It always amazed me and impressed me that, although he sounded very frail from his description of his limitations, he was able to present such a pleasant and positive impression in his posts and to respond in a punctual manner to any message. You knew he was really "sick" when he stopped posting. It is strange to see everyone's avatar looking like Jack. I bet he would get a kick out that.

nell
09-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Thank you Jack for your great wit, wisdom and support.
May you find peace after much suffering.

Sangye
09-29-2011, 03:55 AM
This morning it occurred to me that it was probably a blessing that Jack had the lung cancer scare a few weeks back, because it sort of prepared us for losing him. Even so, I still can't get my mind around the fact that he's gone. :sad:

freakyschizogirl
09-29-2011, 05:59 AM
The Leonard Cohen avatars are helping, its like the eminem song, will the real Leonard Cohen please stand up!

pberggren1
09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
This morning it occurred to me that it was probably a blessing that Jack had the lung cancer scare a few weeks back, because it sort of prepared us for losing him. Even so, I still can't get my mind around the fact that he's gone. :sad:

Yes, exactly.

When Jack said he had lung cancer and that there was nothing that could be done I was pretty sad by this and cried a lot. I thought he would be gone soon. And then when his daughter came on and said it was a lung infection, I immediately thought of my own and knew how serious it can be, especially if it is something so hard to treat and so rare like what I have.

I will always miss Jack and think of him every day.

I find over the years I deal with death a bit differently. I still cry and have emotions but I think of it differently.

Psyborg
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Not to lessen the current loss of Jack at all, but maybe we should start a memorial section for everyone we've lost. I know Jack is the most recent and certainly was a cornerstone of the forum, but we've lost several folks in the last couple years (either members of family of members). Maybe do the whole thing in Jack's honor.

Sangye
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Great idea, Bob.

Trudy
09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
As I have realized I read all the new posts almost daily now, when I don’t see entries for awhile from regulars, I wonder if they are doing Okay. It was so caring of Jack’s family to keep us informed which made me come to the thought that each of us should give our login to a friend or family member in the event we aren’t well to let this “family” know.
Second random thought (believe me my mind tends to wander…I blame it on pred)- with all the unique pictures of Leonard Cohen, has anyone ever seen a picture of Jack? Maybe it is silly, but I would like to imagine Jack himself when I think of him, eventhough he liked the picture of his hero.

drz
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
He posted one for awhile of himself when younger with big sideburns. i think it was for real but then I didn't realize his pix of Leonard wasn't him for awhile either.

As I have realized I read all the new posts almost daily now, when I don’t see entries for awhile from regulars, I wonder if they are doing Okay. It was so caring of Jack’s family to keep us informed which made me come to the thought that each of us should give our login to a friend or family member in the event we aren’t well to let this “family” know.
Second random thought (believe me my mind tends to wander…I blame it on pred)- with all the unique pictures of Leonard Cohen, has anyone ever seen a picture of Jack? Maybe it is silly, but I would like to imagine Jack himself when I think of him, eventhough he liked the picture of his hero.

delorisdoe
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
this photo is for chris...you asked about his height and i could not attach a picture in a private message so...here they are in the texas airport. my brother in law is 6 feet 2 iches. fyi, in canada we go by feet and inches and do not use the metric system for height.

Sangye
09-30-2011, 01:43 AM
He posted one for awhile of himself when younger with big sideburns. i think it was for real but then I didn't realize his pix of Leonard wasn't him for awhile either.
I didn't, either! I've also been wondering what he actually looked like. In my mind he'll always be Leonard Cohen I guess.

Chris G
09-30-2011, 03:44 AM
this photo is for chris...you asked about his height and i could not attach a picture in a private message so...here they are in the texas airport. my brother in law is 6 feet 2 iches. fyi, in canada we go by feet and inches and do not use the metric system for height.

Thanks Leigh. LOL.

I assumed you use metric. I like to think I'm a pretty smart girl, but clearly I know nothing about Canada! I'm only 45 minutes from Windsor - you'd think I'd have a clue......it's shameful. :blushing:

delorisdoe
09-30-2011, 03:54 AM
we are taught metric and we use it for alot of stuff but we are 5 foot something and canadian football has 40 yard touchdown. Our weather is +32 not 104. Anoying really.

the picture is funny dont you think. He looks exactly the same as he does on an episode of survivor. I think he must own 31 hats.

aparently i lied and i am using capitols sometimes.

Chris G
09-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Thirty years ago in school, we were told that we MUST learn the metric system, because soon we would convert so we'd be using the same units of measure as the rest of the world! Today, they're telling my son the same thing.

Caps, no caps, metric,.........ummm not metric?......what do you call our measurement system anyway?????

pberggren1
09-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks Leigh. LOL.

I assumed you use metric. I like to think I'm a pretty smart girl, but clearly I know nothing about Canada! I'm only 45 minutes from Windsor - you'd think I'd have a clue......it's shameful. :blushing:

I feel kinda stupid Chris G. All this time I thought you were male..........lol

delorisdoe
09-30-2011, 05:46 AM
I feel kinda stupid Chris G. All this time I thought you were male..........lol

lmao...she is a girl

Chris G
09-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Hee hee. Nope, I'm a girl. Blonde, and feeling kinda dumb right now too, cause I know next to nothing about Canada.... Except that the drinking age is 19, which was pretty handy info about 25 years ago.

delorisdoe
09-30-2011, 05:58 AM
i cant even list more than 3 prime ministers so dont sweat it.

pberggren1
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
i cant even list more than 3 prime ministers so dont sweat it.

Shame on you Leigh......lol

Here are a few: Stephen Harper, Jean Cretien, Paul Martin, Pierre Truedau, Joe Clark, Lester Pearson, John Dieffenbaker, John A. MacDonald, Mackenzie King, Kim Campbell, Alexander Mackenzie, John Abbot, Wilfrid Laurier, Rober Borden, Richard Bennet, John Turner, Brian Mulroney, etc.

Lightwarrior
10-06-2011, 04:48 AM
How much pred are you on Batman??

delorisdoe
10-06-2011, 06:19 AM
My desk is very sticky...i dont know what from. I had french onion soup for lunch so I am thirsty. I blew a tire on my way to work at 5am yesterday morning down a winding dark road. It was to date the scariest thing that ever happend to me. True story.

delorisdoe
10-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Caps, no caps, metric,.........ummm not metric?......what do you call our measurement system anyway?????

Imperial I do believe.

pberggren1
10-06-2011, 08:13 AM
How much pred are you on Batman??

30...........lol

freakyschizogirl
10-06-2011, 09:29 AM
ChrisG and Leigh you're avatars are making me giggle!

jola57
10-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Phil, you put me to shame, unless you got them off a website, fess up batman

pberggren1
10-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Phil, you put me to shame, unless you got them off a website, fess up batman

Batman has super memory. I did very well in school, usually my overall average was not below 90. Most subjects like social studies, history, maths and sciences, I got over 90. I just happen to remember certain things, not evertything though.

Rini
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Batman I wish ur superpowers were part or WG. I have such a bad memory :P

Hammy8241
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Rini
10-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Happy Birthday!

Chris G
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
ChrisG and Leigh you're avatars are making me giggle!

That's my dachshund, Cooper. He makes me giggle too! He's awesome.

delorisdoe
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
That is NOT my naughty guinea pig.

Chris G
10-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Leigh - if only we could somehow combine our avitars........ Cooper DID eat my tomatoes.:sneaky:

drz
10-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Went to a support group last night for people with cancer and their families. The speaker was a radiation oncologist who spoke on chemobrain. She reviewed research on why doctors had trouble accepting the concept and evidence that it was real.

The list of other things that can cause cognitive dysfunction was interesting to me since I seemed to have had all the factors present (maybe why my wife invited) me and to help me understand her cognitive dysfunction although the speaker did not consider Rituxan to be a chemotherapy but a chimeric monoclonal antibody but it is also defined as an biologic antineoplastic agent which meets the definition of chemotherapy so this left me puzzled. We have both had Rituxan and i also had months of Cytoxan along with other factors like low hemoglobin, steroid meds, diabetes, etc that can contribute to foggy brain.

Her research said chemobrain generally goes away in 75% of people a year after chemotherapy ends. So in 25% of people the effects linger on and many people have a chronic condition that does not permit ending of chemotherapy.

In the discussion I felt quite at home as they discussed issues like people not knowing how to handle your illness, people not thinking you had a serious illness since you looked OK, uncertainty and anxiety when you had a new symptom thinking it was the cancer coming back or acting up (substitute WEGs for us), and some people having a rare form so people didn't understand their illness.

I left thinking our little town is very lucky to have such a cancer center and the people with cancer are lucky to have such a support group available. The people who attended wonder why more people don't choose to come to their support group, but our diabetes support group wonders the same thing. We are lucky to have this forum as our support group.

freakyschizogirl
10-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Leigh - if only we could somehow combine our avitars........ Cooper DID eat my tomatoes.:sneaky:

Yeah... but look at that cute face Chris!!

Dryhill
10-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I read somewhere that 90% of Weggies are Caucasian. Does that mean if I give up my UK citizenship and become a citizen of, say China that I have a 90% chance of getting rid of this wonderful illness (it must be wonderful my body embraced it with open arms without asking my permission)? :flapper:

renidrag
10-20-2011, 02:48 AM
I just figured out how to remove Jack's avatar honorarium, hated to see it go but noticed all others had changed, but I could not figure it out until now. That is why I haven't been posting. Hello again.

Hammy8241
10-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Pred! Bloody Pred!! Here i am behaving myself, reducing every 5 weeks by 1mg at a time. Been good for the last few months. But everytime I get down to 10mg, it all goes pear-shape, the hunger, the moods, the fuzzy head, weak legs, puffy eyes etc etc etc! :predrage:

Oh, welcome back renidrag:thumbsup:

Chris G
10-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Pred! Bloody Pred!! Here i am behaving myself, reducing every 5 weeks by 1mg at a time. Been good for the last few months. But everytime I get down to 10mg, it all goes pear-shape, the hunger, the moods, the fuzzy head, weak legs, puffy eyes etc etc etc! :predrage:

I'm right there with ya Hammy......at 10mg now (lowest I've ever been), and supposed to reduce to 9mg on Sunday. I'm scared!!!:scared:

Hammy8241
10-20-2011, 06:55 AM
My trouble, Chis (female), is that I don't respond quickly enough to the reduction not working and so have to take a big step back and increase +3 - 5mg to try to get back into balance and then restart the reductions. If I caught it quickly enough, i could do two or three days increase and then drop down to where i was. I'm never too sure if i have an infection or its the Wg playing up so I give it a bit longer. I know my wife takes the 'hit' though!

Chris G
10-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Yes, I see your problem. It takes my body about 7 to 10 days to retaliate after a reduction, as well. Although for me, I haven't had to increase significantly in order to get things back on track - 1mg or so will do the trick - and then I try again in a couple of weeks. Dipping below 10mg has me scared for sure. I could quickly find myself in the boat you're in.

My fingers are crossed.........but of course I won't know for 2 weeks, whether 9mg is goiong to work for me.

LOL. I don't make it a habit of declaring my gender, but I found that many assumed I was a man.:ohmy:

Dryhill
10-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Would reducing to 9mg every other day (day one 10mg; day two 9mg; day three 10mg and so on) help? That is how I was told to reduce to 15mg - just a thought.

elephant
10-20-2011, 11:34 AM
You guys will get there. It took me a good year because my body was doing the same thing. I am down to 3 mg of prednisone. I am scared to do 2 1/2 mg next month. I am decreasing 1/2 a milligram every 4 weeks, sometime 8-16 weeks. Hang in there guys.

mishb
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Would reducing to 9mg every other day (day one 10mg; day two 9mg; day three 10mg and so on) help? That is how I was told to reduce to 15mg - just a thought.

That's the way I did it, for the first 4 weeks
And then 10mg day one, 9 day two, 9 day 3, 10 day four, 9 day five, 9 day six, 10 day seven - for 4 weeks
Then the same type of combo with 8's and 9's and then 7's and 8's etc.

It wasn't until I was doing 6's to 5's that I started to feel achey again.....and now I am just holding at 5mg with no reduction in the near future.
- it's worth a try :smile1:

freakyschizogirl
10-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Snap mishb, I've been stuck at 5mg for 6 months now and can't see me coming down anytime time soon. Mind you that all might chanhe after the infusions.

mishb
10-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Let's hope so Sam. My fingers are crossed for you. We all know how much we hate it :wink1:

Hammy8241
10-21-2011, 03:27 AM

I game for anything so thanks will give it a go..........if I remember!

delorisdoe
10-21-2011, 04:16 AM
I reduced from 15 to 10 to 5 to 0 in one week after being on for 2 years. I have since been told that is not okay. :unsure:

freakyschizogirl
10-21-2011, 07:06 AM
I should think not Leigh!

Dear oh dear!

Going from 10 to 5 were my darkest days.

delorisdoe
10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
it was quite dark for sure. That was back in my I don't have questions days-still there really-but I also did not belong to anything like this and figured that if the worst part of it is pain i can deal with that. It did hurt.

LisaMarie
10-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I am stuck on 10 mg indefinately and if this cold thing is not gone by Monday...off to Mayo I go:sad:

Sangye
10-21-2011, 01:28 PM
it was quite dark for sure. That was back in my I don't have questions days-still there really-but I also did not belong to anything like this and figured that if the worst part of it is pain i can deal with that. It did hurt.

That was extremely dangerous. The worst risk is not pain or even waking up the Wegs dog. It's going into acute adrenal crisis. 100% fatal within 24 hrs if not treated. Please don't ever do that again!

delorisdoe
10-22-2011, 12:16 AM
That was extremely dangerous. The worst risk is not pain or even waking up the Wegs dog. It's going into acute adrenal crisis. 100% fatal within 24 hrs if not treated. Please don't ever do that again!

I wont and it is actually thanks to you and the others here or I may have remained as unaware as I was ten years ago. I was not going to even mention it as it is not good that i did it but then I thought you would give me a public lashing that would hopefully stop someone else from ever doing it.

Sangye
10-22-2011, 02:04 AM
ROTFL! Those public lashings are very effective! http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/rofl.gif (http://www.smileyhut.com)

drz
10-22-2011, 06:44 AM
I am trying the alternating method now with 5 mg Prednisone one day and 5 1/2 the next day. I had been going down by 1/4 mg every three weeks or so. Before that I was doing 1/2 mg every two weeks but ran into heavy fatigue when I went down to 7 mg so switched to the 1/4 mg method. I still feel the heavy fatigue after five days of the alternating method so might try going back to 5 1/4 and try that for a couple weeks. It is a hassle cutting them that small but I hate napping half the day and then being unable to sleep half the night. The best benefit I noticed from getting down to a lower dose is my blood glucose levels no longer drop two hundred or three hundred points every night and I have far fewer pred attacks where I have to snack a lot. Even so no luck in loosing any weight.

I also got some blood in my nasal rinse one morning so wonder if I am reaching my lower limit of what my body will accept. All my lab stuff still looks OK except my ANCA showed a slight positive reading again but the experts say not to worry until other markers increase or symptoms reappear. They also think or suggest that I might want to stay on a low dose of pred such as 5 mg longer term. Some think a low dose might help prevent flares but the research is inconclusive on this right now.

renidrag
10-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I guess this would be a random status update. Last Wednesday I almost collapsed at the local Costco. My legs started to fail and I was very disoriented. Debbie called for help and one of the associates brought a chair. It was really weird, I had almost no control at all. An ambulance was called and I was taken to the local hospital. On the way they thought they would take my blood sugar and it had dropped to 60. On Monday it was 124, being taken because of "elevated blood sugar levels". Any way after a battery of tests and blood samples I now am "pre diabetes". I have been taken off Metformin and only have to test my blood daily and hopefully lose weight. It was a scary time. I called Boston Med and we agreed this was nothing to do with WG so just another bump in the road I guess. Home now and blood has looked good since. I just don't have any idea what could have caused it. Thanks for listening.
Dale

Chris G
10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Glad to hear you're ok Dale. I know little about Type 2 diabetes (my son is Type 1). I know the lows are scary. But this development sounds like a good thing, am I right?

marta
10-27-2011, 02:33 AM
On a completely different Random Thought note: I just saw this new video for the place I live in, and it gave me goosebumps. This is how I feel every morning when I wake up and look out my window and have never been able to describe it, so I'm glad someone managed to get the feeling across. If anyone wants to come for a visit, I have the Weggie Bro Deal (free) in our 'Suite' that we have and normally rent out to tourists. Just let me know if you're in this neck of the woods. Here's the video to entice you further: (remember to breathe) Alberta - Travel Alberta - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFCg0tBDck&feature=player_embedded)

See you soon!:wink1:

drz
10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I guess this would be a random status update. Last Wednesday I almost collapsed at the local Costco. My legs started to fail and I was very disoriented. Debbie called for help and one of the associates brought a chair. It was really weird, I had almost no control at all. An ambulance was called and I was taken to the local hospital. On the way they thought they would take my blood sugar and it had dropped to 60. On Monday it was 124, being taken because of "elevated blood sugar levels". Any way after a battery of tests and blood samples I now am "pre diabetes". I have been taken off Metformin and only have to test my blood daily and hopefully lose weight. It was a scary time. I called Boston Med and we agreed this was nothing to do with WG so just another bump in the road I guess. Home now and blood has looked good since. I just don't have any idea what could have caused it. Thanks for listening.
Dale

You might want to ask for a 24 hour monitor to use for a couple days to find out if you are having more lows if your body doesn't react strongly to them. The first few days of using my continuous glucose monitor (CGM) I found out I was having several lows every night and never knew it until then. I had accidentally discover one during day time random testing so learned I could have undetected lows and my endocrinalogist convinced my insurance company to get me a CGM. I use it several times a day to monitor BG levels and it really is a life saver.

Sangye
10-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Yikes Dale. I'm glad you weren't alone when that happened. I recommend increasing your protein intake and make sure you have some protein every 3 hours, including right before bed. I also recommend seeing a holistic doctor for nutritional advice. There is a lot you can do naturally to avoid heading into diabetes. And actually if you don't make those corrections, full-blown diabetes is generally a given.

Al
10-29-2011, 04:19 PM
On a completely different Random Thought note: I just saw this new video for the place I live in, and it gave me goosebumps. This is how I feel every morning when I wake up and look out my window and have never been able to describe it, so I'm glad someone managed to get the feeling across. If anyone wants to come for a visit, I have the Weggie Bro Deal (free) in our 'Suite' that we have and normally rent out to tourists. Just let me know if you're in this neck of the woods. Here's the video to entice you further: (remember to breathe) Alberta - Travel Alberta - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFCg0tBDck&feature=player_embedded)

See you soon!:wink1:

This is, indeed, an inspiring video, Marta--even though it is an official tourist bureau come-on! My wife and I drove through Alberta, much too quickly, last summer. Living in a very scenic area ourselves, we may may a bit snobbish, so far as natural beauty is concerned. But I would say that, other than for the confusing streets through Calgary, we were blown away. But duty calls. Believe it or not, we drove straight home from Lake Louse, even though we left there at 4:00 in the afternoon (we made it home at 5:30 in the morning). Bt the way, for all of you who do not know British Columbia, I recommend also spending time in the Okanagan Valley. Terrific spot. On a more general note, my feeling is that sick old geezers deserve a little happiness. That was a very happy road trip, though next time I think the more northern route is in order....

Al

vdub
10-29-2011, 04:34 PM
BC and Alberta are both absolutely beautiful. We traveled through both on our relocation assignment from Fairbanks, AK to the Pentagon. It was a wonderful trip for the entire family. Actually, many, many places in the world are beautiful. We just recently discovered that the state of Washington is quite diverse and beautiful in its own right -- everything from rain forests, to deserts, to mountains, to sea shores. We love our RV life style where we just travel an look. We are currently in San Francisco.

pberggren1
10-29-2011, 04:36 PM
BC and Alberta are both absolutely beautiful. We traveled through both on our relocation assignment from Fairbanks, AK to the Pentagon. It was a wonderful trip for the entire family. Actually, many, many places in the world are beautiful. We just recently discovered that the state of Washington is quite diverse and beautiful in its own right -- everything from rain forests, to deserts, to mountains, to sea shores. We love our RV life style where we just travel an look. We are currently in San Francisco.

AHEM!!!!! Saskatchewan is nice too!!!!

Al
10-29-2011, 04:43 PM
AHEM!!!!! Saskatchewan is nice too!!!!

Sorry, Phil--no first-hand experience! I ope to change that, of course.....

Al