PDA

View Full Version : stomach Ulcers

Natalie
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Has anyone Had / got stomach ulcers from strong antibiotics ?
Late last year I was on very high doses of clindamycin Antibiotics for a Abscess , ever since comming off then I have had Bad bad heart burn indigestion symptoms . I have gotten some Tablets from pharmacy to help which they do ,,,Somac tablets ,.I recently seen a new GP for a script for stronger tablets .. He suggests that if they are not really working then we will look to see if i have an ulcer .
just wondering if anyone else gets these indigestion symptoms and weather or not you take anything for it ?? .

pberggren1
08-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I get the symptoms from time to time but not all the time. I think mine is the pred or what I eat.

Natalie
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
yes food is a big factor with it but I never had issues until after i took that antibiotic . when i see the GP again tomorrow I think i will ask to be checked for and ulcer .

Sangye
08-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Natalie, I bet you destroyed all the good gut flora and that has caused an imbalance. An overgrowth of bad bacteria can cause an ulcer. Even if you don't have an ulcer you need to correct your gut flora. Get a good probiotic at a health food store. You don't need the most expensive--middle of the road. Take 5-7 billion units (usually 1-2 capsules) on an empty stomach every day. Empty means 45 mins before eating or 2-3 hrs after eating. You can take it in the middle of the night if you get up. Stay on it for at least 8 weeks, even if your symptoms disappear.

Natalie
08-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks Sangye :) I will look into this today . I love yogurt and drink those little yakult pro biotic drinks , these would all aid in helping my gut ... If I can get rid of the symptoms naturally would be great . :biggrin1: We Weggies don't need anymore pills to take regularly. Will give it a whirl ! .

Sangye
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM
The yogurt drinks will not substitute for a probiotic supplement. Also, if there is any sugar in the drink it defeats the purpose. You gotta get the pills!

pberggren1
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Sangye is absolutely right on this one. Sugar is a killer.

Natalie
08-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I didnt get into a heath food shop But I was at the chemist lol I Live there :P anyway these pills are Good .. is this what you were referring to Sangye? .. they are about $50 for 90 days supply .
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/NATSPRATS/FAMILIAR%20%20%20%20%20FACES/innerheathplus.jpg

pberggren1
08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
That looks fairly similar to what I get Natalie.

Sangye
08-06-2011, 01:45 PM
No, do not use anything containing colostrum. It's immune-boosting. Just get probiotics.

Natalie
08-07-2011, 07:15 PM
ok cool glad I ran I by you guys First :) Off to the heath food shop then :thumbup: