PDA

View Full Version : Navel Infection

DEE
07-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Has anybody had this before !!!!.Just noticed it not partically painful but sore to the touch. DEE x

Hammy8241
07-25-2011, 06:46 AM
You've not been filling your belly button with salt/dip so you can dip Carrot sticks etc in to save on the washing up!!! :biggrin1:

Not had it myself Dee but in seriousness, perhaps a sea salt rinse might help?

DEE
07-25-2011, 06:58 AM
:rolleyes1:Thanks Hammy, Just what i needed not !! A busy week ahead .ENTmon ,GP wed and dentist thurs. Will try that Hammy if no better soon will ask GP for anti b cream or powder when I see him
DEEx
ps looked on the net said a yeast or fungel infection cause it .

Sangye
07-25-2011, 08:22 AM
How the heck did you get a navel infection??!! :blink:

DEE
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
You know me Sangye, if there's something to get it heads my way !!! Will let you know what GP says DEE X :ohmy:

Psyborg
07-25-2011, 10:28 PM
You know me Sangye, if there's something to get it heads my way !!! Will let you know what GP says DEE X :ohmy:

It is pretty easy to get a yeast infection in ye olde belly button. If it is a yeast infection keep an eye on your blood sugar. That was how i found out I was diabetic initially, yeast infection around the belly button. Itched like crazy.

Sangye
07-26-2011, 01:08 AM
That's a good tip, Bob. :smile1:

Psyborg
07-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Well with the Prednisone I know our blood sugar sometimes gets out of wack.

Sangye
07-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Yes, and it predisposes us to developing diabetes (during pred use and later). Stinkin' pred. :glare:

DEE
07-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Thanks GUYS . have got an appointment with gp !!. Just got back from ENT. Really pleased next appointment JAN 12 !!!! unless i need to see him ,staying on his list as HE was the only doctor who listened to me before dxt .He was the one who asked for more test . Great Birthday present ,can now celebrate tomorrow with the friends and colleagues who have helpt me through .
Thanks to all you guys too .DEE x

Sangye
07-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Wow, is it your birthday again? It seems like it was just a few months ago! Time is really slipping away....

I still remember how much you enjoyed your birthday last year. I hope this year's is even better. :hug3:

DEE
07-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Thanks Sangye ,yes had a brill bq last year,the weather to awful this year .So had lunch with hubby today and having freinds visit tomorrow. but have just rung gp to try for an appointment in the morning !! hubby and son nagging me ,if not i defiantely have on wed morning .with my own gp.

drz
07-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Well with the Prednisone I know our blood sugar sometimes gets out of wack.
\
My blood glucose readings and A1C levels have generally improved a great deal as i have tapered down to lower dosages of prednsione. I expect it will continue to improve with further prednisone decreases.

DEE
07-27-2011, 02:10 AM
How the heck did you get a navel infection??!! :blink:

OK have been to gp not my usual one !! have got an infection. She gave me anti b /fungal cream until tomorrow when I see my own gp and he can decided what to do .
Great birthday present had to sit for over an hour as they were running late !! but when I got back things started to get better .

elephant
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Happy Birthday Dee! Get a triple MUFFIN!

DEE
08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks Elephant, must confess it was a rather large cream cake instead of muffin !!! and the anti b cream worked really well .