PDA

View Full Version : Rituxan co-pay assistance information

Palmyra
07-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Financial Support for Rituxan® (rituximab) Wegener's Granulomatosis (WG) & Microscopic Polyangiitis (MPA) Patients - Rituxan® (rituximab) (http://www.rituxan.com/wg-mpa/patient/financial-services/index.html)

I saw this site posted on another support group page. It is provided by Genetech for those that qualify. You must be covered by your own insurance, and not be on a federal or state assistance program.

Best Wishes to the group!
Jane

Brooke
07-15-2011, 01:41 AM
I received a letter from my insurance company a few weeks ago saying that Rituxan is approved for me until 2045. I believe that was the year. That is great if I need it again! I wonder if it is because it is now FDA approved?

Sangye
07-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Brooke, LOL that has to be a typo! I can't imagine any company giving an authorization for 34 yrs of rtx. Unless....maybe the FDA approval of rtx is for 34 yrs, so that's what they've tied it to?

Brooke
07-16-2011, 12:01 AM
It is a letter from Wellmark of South Dakota and it says: The prior authorization request for RITUXAN inj 500MG, 50.000 has been approved from April 28th, 2011 through December 31, 2039.
This approval was based on a review for medical necessity only. Benefits are subject to your eligibility for health care benefits, any waiting periods, any pre-existing condition requirements, second opinion requirements, and any other remaining provisions that may limit or exclude health care coverage at the time the services are provided.

I had the year wrong, but I knew it was a long time from now!

Sangye
07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
LOL! Wow. :blink::laugh:

Brooke
07-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah, you think typo still? I go back to Mayo for a follow up in Aug. Ill bring a copy and show my doc.

Sangye
07-22-2011, 12:02 AM
LOL I don't know. I think the only way it makes sense is that must be when the patent for rtx runs out (and therefore the FDA approval??). But I have NO idea. Please have your camera ready when your doctor sees it. I'd love to see his face! :laugh:

ArlaMo
07-22-2011, 02:11 AM
I wish I'd known about this two weeks ago. I just paid my co-pay for my infusions - the drug portion was about $4500 out of pocket. I called, but they said they couldn't help retroactively.:sad:

Sangye
07-22-2011, 02:47 AM
ArlaMo, if it's any consolation I think the qualifying level of income is quite low. Many people who are working or have a spouse who's working don't qualify.

ArlaMo
07-22-2011, 04:55 AM
ArlaMo, if it's any consolation I think the qualifying level of income is quite low. Many people who are working or have a spouse who's working don't qualify.

I would have thought so, too, Sangye, but the sign-up page says no income or co-pay limits.

I know I'm very blessed to have a husband with a great job and (crappy!) insurance, but the out-of-pocket costs this year have been a bit staggering. It would have been nice to have a little help with the rtx cost.

Sangye
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Oh! I didn't know that. Someone else on here had gotten rejected because she made too much (and it wasn't a lot of money!). I hope you can get help next time if you do rtx again.