PDA

View Full Version : Those whose sinuses/nose was effected...

TOBEY32
07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
My nose, especially around the bridge, is super tender to the touch the last couple of days. Feels like someone punched me, or like I hit my nose on my headboard in the middle of the night! Have you experienced this?
My kidney doc very recently lowered my Cy from 100mg/day to 75mg, saying that he feels my Weg's is "in remission". Because of recent ailments I'm not sure this is the case, and I'm wondering if my tender nose is a testiment to this, as I also have some sinus "gunk" going on - even after 10 days of Augmentin.
I don't have a main doc right now, but hope to soon. I know I may ask questions that should be for a doc, but hearing your responses can help me sort things out too. Thanks...
David

NicShaf
07-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but when my Wegs was in full force and the inflammation in my nose was so bad I couldn't get any air through, it was very tender to the touch. As the meds kicked in and the inflammation went away, I haven't had pain. But for me, all the inflammation went away, I have very little gunk coming out now, and can breath very clearly through both nostrils. How was your nose doing at time of diagnosis? Has it improved in your opinion?

elephant
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Let your doctor know, you might have to get some blood work.

Rose
07-07-2011, 05:15 PM
One of my first symptoms was a nose that was very painful to the touch, hot and slightly swollen by the bridge. My scalp also itched like crazy although there was no obvious reason for that. My nose was also running and so I was diagnosed with sinusitis. Of course nothing helped and was eventually diagnosed with WG after 7 months and many doctors visits. Since treatment I have never had a recurrence of the hot and painful nose.

JanW
07-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Mine didn't happen this way, but sometimes as people are developing a saddle nose they will have pain with it (the tissue is dying from lack of blood flow, which eventually causes you to lose that cartilage. Hopefully that is not happening to you, but an ENT familiar with the process can easily let you know through an examination.

elephant
07-08-2011, 12:18 PM
My scalp itched for years, thought I always had lice! Had someone check my scalp constantly.

Rini
07-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I have this & the gunk makes me want to sing the slimy goffer guts song...its like eather jerky or gray...i have the tender bridge but i chucked that up 2 having all the hard gunk and that i wont let it b, I have had the ichy scalp off and on 4 years and supposed it was psoriasis of the scalp. I have also had nose bleeds.

freakyschizogirl
07-08-2011, 11:57 PM
I'd go get it checked out. My nose used to be so painful and tender to touch and really was one of the first symptoms, other than nose bleeds.

I get an itchy scalp on ocassion but normally put this down to eczema....could it be wegs??

vdub
07-09-2011, 01:23 PM
When my sinues were taking the wegs hit, they ran all the time. I have never gone through so many boxes of kleenex... I don't recall any specific pain, but I haven't developed a saddle-nose either.

Itchy scalp? Dang! I thought that was probably some side-effect of the many drugs. Never thought it could be the wegs. Is that possible? Yes, I have a frequent itchy scalp. As I look through my side-effect list, I don't see anything that could cause it. Maybe it's lice.... Now where did I put my secret stash of DDT?

Rose
07-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Although nose pain and runny nose was my first symptom it never developed into saddle nose and today i can say that my sinuses are almost normal. The itchy scalp that was present at the same time was intense and disappeared the same time as the nose pain went. Sometimes my scalp still itches but not to the same degree