PDA

View Full Version : Hit by a truck

andrew
02-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Funny thing happened on the way to bed last night....

I've had a big couple of weeks, topped with news last Friday that my job only has a few months to run. The company I work for is working to find me something else which is great but there's still that level of uncertainly. Anyhoo, I thought I was handling things ok until last night. I started feeling extremely tired and nauseous almost instantly about 9pm last night. I happened to look in the mirror and wow...my eyes looked like they were four inches back in my skull and I had dark rings almost completely around both eyes, kinda like a Panda. I quickly gathered the people in my head for an emergency meeting and we all decided to go to bed. I think I was in the middle of saying "I feel like a pile of warm......." when I fell asleep. I didn't even get up to go to the loo for 6 hours which is quite remakable for me. I plan to spend the rest of the day surfing the net and will probably have a nap.

Just one of the many cool surprises of WG :) I should have taken a photo and used it as a pitch for a horror movie "Curse of the Weggie".

crackers
02-28-2009, 08:43 PM
hi andrew.
that sounds like stress to me.the issue about your job,even though you say it's ok,will have been rumbling around your brain without you realising it.i try to avoid stress(yeah like that's possible)because i know i'll have some kind of physical reaction but without the panda eyes. lol.are you a raiders fan andrew,i believe that can be very stressfull.
john.

andrew
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
are you a raiders fan andrew,i believe that can be very stressfull.
john.

Depends which 'Raiders' you mean. If you mean Oakland Raiders then yes, and it is very stressful. If they could get one win in a row then I'd be happy :D If you mean Canberra Raiders (my home town) then nope, I don't follow them :)

Jack
03-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Hi Andrew,
I also think this may be a reaction to stress. How long have you been on prednisolone (assuming that you are)?
I find that I no longer deal with stress at all well and it used to be one thing I was really good at! I now find that even small things like having a long "to do" list will get to me and I have to make an effort to get things in proportion. I also find myself crying in emotional situations (not my style at all) and I'm sure it is the long term effects of steroids causing it.
Hope you soon feel better and the job situation resolves itself.
Jack.

andrew
03-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Yes Jack, you and John are right. It would have been stress. I realise that now I have a clearer head :) My wife tells me I look like a human now which is a plus. I must have looked a sight yesterday. I went to do the shopping and still looked panda-ish. Added to that, my hair was a mess (was on the way to get it cut) and I had a bright orange t-shirt on that has "STATE PRISON" in large black letters on the front of it. Now I realise why I was getting such odd looks Hahahahahaha.....

Sangye
03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I must have looked a sight yesterday. I went to do the shopping and still looked panda-ish. Added to that, my hair was a mess (was on the way to get it cut) and I had a bright orange t-shirt on that has "STATE PRISON" in large black letters on the front of it.

That is hilarious, Andrew.

I hope the job situation sorts out quickly. It always amazes me how much stress affects us physically. I mean, it's true of everyone, it's just that when you're weaker it's so obvious. Dark circles around the eyes are kidney/adrenal stress--rest well and let yourself heal up. :)

coffeelover
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Andrew,

I am sorry about your stressful situations. I know I needed to go on BP med's because I was in way too much stress that my BP was scarey high. I am sure it is due tot he presnisone as well as the stress of the WG.
I am glad you are feeling and Looking (according to your wife) better. Best of luch with your job situation. I will be thinking about you.
Lisa Coffeelover

andrew
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks :-) I'm feeling a lot better today larely because it lokos like my company has found me other work which is great. Yet to be confirmed but looking good.

crackers
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
wow talk about stress.our german shepherd started throwing up and passing blood on wednesday night so i stayed up with him for two nights,took him to the vets,who give him a couple of shots plus AB's to bring home and he is now settling down.then tonight the other one started exactly the same so it looks like another sleepless night with her until we can get her to the vets tomorrow.since this started both my nostrils are full of sores and my top lip feels like it's been botoxed plus i've been feeling feverish.but i know once the dogs are ok it will settle down.dog lovers curse i suppose.
john

andrew
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Yow!! Yeah we have two German Shepherds and a Mini Fox Terrier. If any of them are sick we stay up with them as well. It's exhusting but I can't sleep knowing one of the pooches is sick.

coffeelover
03-08-2009, 06:19 AM
I too have 3 dogs and feel for you. I would be up all night with a sick dog. IN fact my (past) German Sheperd was a sickly dog and I spent many sleepless nights with him before he died at the early age of 7. He too had a lung disease.....hmmmmm? Maybe it was WG for Dogs?
Coffeelover

crackers
03-08-2009, 07:08 AM
oh no don't say that lisa.one in the family is way too many to start with.:eek:john.

Sangye
03-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I actually believe my dog died of Wegener's not too long before I got sick. She had identical symptoms to me, and some of the ones I don't have were classic Wegs.

crackers
03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
i'm beginning to wonder if i should see the vet and not my rheumy.:confused:
john.

andrew
03-08-2009, 02:55 PM
The vet would probably do you more good than some of the docs you've seen :D:D

RCOSSIO
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Yes I can relate...except my stress is stock related...my wife says day trading and weggies not good..that and running my Insurance agency in FLA...maybe I need to play the Lottery more????

andrew
03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Look, absolutely. I think the lottery is a sure thing and I'm surprised I haven't won it already.

For me, I've chosen to do what I do (well...mostly) and the stress has always been part of it and I accept that. Even though I'm working just as hard as I was before I got diagnosed, it's different for me because I chose this path and wasn't pushed into it like before. Granted, I crash now and then :o:o but I enjoy what I do which makes a difference. Also, it may be a reult of the 'stress experience' I had prior to diagnosis allowing me to deal with it differently.

jola57
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
I wish we all had a magic wand to take our hurts away be it physical or emotional. Having been on a vacation cruise to Mexico, which was heavenly, I too came back to problems at work. These are never simple or easy and stress is a constant companion. I will have to confront some of them in the next couple of weeks and am not looking froward to the added tenssion, yet I can't immagine my life without my work. It makes me feel normal and useful. This disease stinks :eek: and I love my job and I am glad that you have a replacement position at your job Andrew. I think that it is important to live as normal as we can even when looking at us people don't understand what we go thru. I feel fat, tired, ugly, hurt all over, bruised on arms and legs, and as for the raccoon eyes - oh Im so there with you Andrew - most of the days.:mad:Oh and on top of everything I'm getting a cold - I have not had one since my ilness. I'm affraid that the cyclo will have a bad influence on my ability to fight it. I already have trouble with heaviness in lungs and spitting mucous. Anyone recently remembers having a cold while on cyclo and 50 pred - I am still on antibiotics so this must be viral.:confused::confused:

Sangye
03-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Hang in there, Jolanta. Sounds like you're going through a rough patch. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

andrew
03-12-2009, 07:03 AM
HI Jolanta. Will be thinking of you. Makes it difficult to walk in the door at work sometimes. I can relate. I hope it gets better soon. Remember that there's only so much one person can do, whether they are healthy or not. You have an advantage though, you hav a cold/flu. You can lose it with people (in a semi-controlled sense just enough to get your point across) and blame the fact that you're feeling poorly. Works for me :D I've done my nut a few times in recent months and its amazing what I stuff I can get done after that :D

jola57
03-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks for your kind words. Fortunately my feeling bad last for as long as I write and than it just goes away. So far have been very lucky that way, can't stay distressed or unhappy for long. Just wish this fat stage would go away - grrrrr:mad: