PDA

View Full Version : 15mg of Pred & counting down

NicShaf
06-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Today I went down to 15mg of Preds....Yay!!!!! I'm very happy every time I get to taper to a lower dose.

Question...when can I expect the side effects to start going away? When I got to 20mg, I started feeling much better, just wondering if there's another marker to look forward to.
Will I have my moon face until I'm off Preds completely? I'm not complaining, just kinda curious:)

Sangye
06-30-2011, 01:04 AM
So glad you're getting lower on the pred! The side effects really start easing up below 20 mg. I noticed a big decrease once I got below 10mg. I think the moon face diminishes somewhere around 10-15mg.

MCC
06-30-2011, 02:27 AM
I agree with Sangye, that's when I noticed the moon face go too.

drz
06-30-2011, 03:19 AM
The puffiness that makes the moon face might fade a lot as you approach 10mg but the jowls and double chin and gobbler look remain along with extra weight for a long, long, time. Some people will tell you that you look better as the puffiness fades, others will tell you that you look better puffed up because there are less wrinkles, depends upon what they like best.

I was visiting with a friend who is an immunology professor at a medical school over the weekend and he told me the harmful effects of prednisone tend to be permanent but the hope is to arrest them by decreasing the dosage and stopping as soon as possible so they don't get much worse.

NicShaf
06-30-2011, 03:52 AM
It's been about a week since I lowered my dose of Pred from 17.5 to 15mg. I feel very tired and weak, has anyone else experienced this? I know at the higher doses, when I went down a rung, I felt tired for a couple days, but this go around has really hit me. Any advice? Thanks:)