PDA

View Full Version : saw my rheumy

crackers
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
she is referring me to cardiology and respiratry for tests.also having tpmt blood test.she has reduced the pred to 20mg per day for the next 2 weeks and if the tpmt test comes back ok is looking to start me on azathioprine.at last something positive is happening as for the last 6 months it's been like treading water.
john

Sangye
02-27-2009, 11:36 AM
That's great news, John! Enough treading water-- now you can start swimming for the shore. :)

crackers
02-27-2009, 11:39 AM
thanks sangye but i don't think my shorts fit me any more.:eek:

andrew
02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
thanks sangye but i don't think my shorts fit me any more.:eek:

S'ok...I can Google you up a nudie beach in your area. Glad things are starting to roll along for you. I'm a tad concerned about the reduction in Pred though. How are you feeling about that?

crackers
02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
hi andrew.my rheumy has been trying to reduce the pred for a while now.was down to 7 1/2 mg at one point but my gp keeps upping them if i feel off.i'm happy to try anything to be honest if helps.when my pred was upped from 10 to 20 i felt better for a couple of days then just went back again.as for the nudie beach i'm sure there are environmental laws that would prevent me besides the fact that people would mistake me for a beached whale.
john

andrew
02-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Yuh huh can relate to the beached whale analogy :) I sure hope for your sake the reduction in pred and the possible introduction of Imuran helps you in some way. Be sure and let us know how it goes.