PDA

View Full Version : Was your hearing affected? Question regarding ringing:

TOBEY32
06-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Do you experience ringing? Have to purchased anything that helps with this? I've heard of Lipo/Bio Flavanoid supplements, but my ENT says don't bother.

pberggren1
06-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Nothing seems to work for tinnitus or ringing in the ears. Although I just talked to a lady that had severe hearing loss and had tinnitus and then had cochlear implants and says she does not have tinnitus any more. I go see the cochlear implant surgeon in August for the first time. I hope I can get the implants.

marta
06-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I just got tubes put in and has almost completely eliminated my hearing loss - which has been quite severe in the last few months. I also had some minor tinitis and that seems to have gone along with the hearing loss. I feel like a new woman. My situation and loss of hearing is quite different from Phil's however, so different strokes for different folks. Mine was caused by inflamed eustachian tubes and fluid build up in my middle/inner ear, so getting tubes put into my eardrums and getting the fluid sucked out worked like a charm (my left ear was full of semi set jello consistency stuff - yuk, glad I went before it turned into a solid).

A good test I found is when you move your head up and down and side to side (significant positional changes) and the hearing changes, then it's fluid.

Just my experience, so it might be different for someone else. Hope this helps.

ArlaMo
06-25-2011, 01:32 PM
I had (temporary) severe hearing loss last year before my diagnosis. I did have tubes put in which helped to some extent, but had much more improvement once the docs figured out I had Wegs and started on Prednisone. I just saw my ENT this morning and he said my ears look "pristine" but I do have some permanent nerve damage/hearing loss and the tinnitus has never really gone away. My ENT said there wasn't much that could be done about it. :sad:

vdub
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I have really bad tinnitus..... But it keeps me company during the long, lonely MRI sessions... Nothing can be done about tinnitus. Mine was caused by military related stuff and not wegs.... Just one of those things.

pberggren1
06-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I can actually have conversations with my tinnitus because I hear voices.

mishb
06-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I was diagnosed about 20 years ago with meniere's disease so the tinnitus has been there for a long time. Starting on pred or any other medication has not changed it.
I don't hear voices but I sometimes feel that I hear music.

Sangye
06-26-2011, 02:34 AM
David, certain supplements help with some types of tinnitus, but not the kind due to Wegs.

vdub
06-26-2011, 02:51 AM
.....with my tinnitus because I hear voices. ---- ....I sometimes feel that I hear music.
Darn it! I get shafted again.... I only hear the endless ringing.....

mishb
06-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Darn it! I get shafted again.... I only hear the endless ringing.....

Yep you have been ript off

I found it was a lot easier to deal with when I converted the ringing into "Tubular Bells" :lol: ........mind games