PDA

View Full Version : For those with "saddle nose"

Yvonnea
06-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Hi all,
I have had wg for over seven years and been in and out of remission.
Over the past three months, my nose has changed shape and there is now a slight saddle shape. ENT said damage to cartilage has only been minor. Until I think about surgery or injections, I was wondering how best to hide it. From the front there is a definite pigment difference across bridge of nose and down the sides....I have tried make-up but that just highlights it more. Does this ever go away?
Also, I notice that my nose looks better in the morning and then dips as the day goes on....ENT says this isnt possiible, but I can see it myself.
Any help with this would be great.
Thanks.

Sangye
06-19-2011, 03:13 AM
I have no idea about most of your questions but wonder if your nose looks better in the morning because of water retained overnight. Does the rest of your face look puffy, especially under your eyes?

vdub
06-20-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm kind of with Sangye and would suspect water retention.

I don't have the ole saddle nose yet, but I always thougt if I progressed that far, I would get a Gold's Gym t-shirt that said something about boxing and then just put a piece of tape over my nose. Maybe knock out a tooth or two as well..... :-)

Sangye
06-20-2011, 09:41 AM
LOL Total guy answer! :laugh::blink:

JanW
06-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Yvonnea -- I haven't found anything. Mine is definitely noticeable and the coloration is slightly different (and I am black).

I will only say that if you consider surgery, be very careful about who does it and any revision to your original nose. In other words, only restore it to what it was, not what it could be.

Hopefully, if my meds taper goes well, I will be able to get mine fixed, using cartilage from another part of my body. Honestly, I've gotten pretty used to it, although, of course, I hate how it looks in pictures.