PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance

renidrag
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
I know somewhere in here is a conversation regarding health insurance. I posted that I had lost mine, which I did, and the Mass Health option was over pricing and gave me a $6700.00 up front deductible. This information was given to me by Mass Health over the phone. At the same time BU was doing a study that could actually maintain my WG for a year, but because of the type of Insurance it would not work out. Having said that, Debbie and I two days ago drove over to another small city and visited the Neighborhood Clinic that accepted Health Safety Net. It was incredible, they made an appointment for me yesterday so I could get a prescription that I needed. (for copd not wg) Any way all the information I was given, was wrong. Our co-pay for the visit was $25.00. The prescription will be $3.00. At costco it is $198 and that is a monthly cost. So we are not in as bad shape as I thought. And BU said out of pocket expenses would be $200.00 so I think we are going to sign up for that too. Good news all around. Where is Jack?
Dale

Sangye
06-17-2011, 08:49 AM
That's awesome news, Dale. I'm so happy for you! I know how stressful it is to deal with insurance, though I've been fortunate and haven't been without coverage.

I've been wondering where Jack is, too. He hadn't mentioned a vacation or anything. I hope he hasn't gotten sick or injured himself.