PDA

View Full Version : update on John

Stephanie78
06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Ok, so he was admitted on ths renal floor again. This time his liver enzymes (ya know the billi thingie that causes jaundice) was really elevated. After an ultrasound they became concerned with his liver/galbladder SO we are scheduled for the OR late tonight to have a scope down his throat to check it out and to hopefully put a splint in between the liver and gallbladder. Worse case scenario they will have to open him uolp. The inflammation is just that bad in that area.

Now the testicles..still not a clue. Going towards inflammation and doing pulsate steroids.

Urine color...due to liver issue.

Bad news...kidney issues have been noted. After studying his urine under a microscope they confirmed what blood test stated. They will do a kidney biopsy to confirm but only after he recovers from the liver issue. Hopefully in next two weeks.

Long night...Longer day..even longer night ahead. He can't walk again due to weakness and soreness. He will start PT tomorrow.

I NEED SLEEP.....but can't while he can't.

marta
06-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm so sorry that he's going through this and also glad that they are on top of it and making things happen.

I think that you need to sleep though Stephanie. He can't but you're his wingman right now and need to keep yourself as rested and alert and sharp as possible. Not getting any sleep doesn't help either one of you or the kids.
I sound like a mother don't I. I do know however that I really needed Brian beside me and on top of things when the poo hit the fan. I wasn't able to absorb everything and was glad he was there to do it for me. So take some naps.

NicShaf
06-15-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry, Stephanie. I hope they can start to get him treated and feeling better.

You're both in our thoughts, sending good vibes your way...

Lightwarrior
06-15-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm glad John is getting treated. Do they have cots? or rooms within the hospital that you can stay in?? Sleeping in a chair is not easy. You have to find a place that you can stretch out and get some comfortable sleep. You must make sure that you are getting proper nutrition, not just chips and a soda. I agree with Marta, you are his wingman and you have to stay healthy. Find out if they have a chapel or a healing garden where you can take a walk to, to get some alone time to recharge your own spirit. I'm sending you light and energy for the both of you.

Stephanie78
06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys! The hospital is great. They have these big chairs that pull out to beds. They bring me clean linens daily and as many pillows as I want. They are constantly asking if I need something.
UNC has a room service plan. They have it on 2
floors and luckily we are one of them! He has a menu 6 pages ling for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he can order as mug as possible (ins covers it yay!). The nurses told us on day one..."order enough food for both of you, this way both gets a good meal and it is not out of pocket". That has been a HUGE help for us! And the foods pretty good :-)

They have put off the procedure until morning ( I think)..hopefully we can get some sleep!

Sangye
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Gosh Stephanie, I'm so sad to hear he's got more problems. Glad you went to UNC though. I second the great advice the others have given. You gotta take care of yourself as best as you can.

renidrag
06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Thinking of both of you, what an awful mess to be in. Stay rested and sharp, I know I would have missed a lot if Debbie had not been with me every step of the way.
Dale

Psyborg
06-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I hope that John will start improving soon. Stay strong.

Fran
06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Thinking of you both - sending good wishes.

Fran

elephant
06-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Sounds like you both are getting good care! They will figure this out and get your husband on the right track. Sleep well!

vdub
06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Totally with marta on that whole sleep thing... You need to get the rest and stay healthy.

drz
06-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Is there another family member that can spell you? My daughter was my guardian angel and advocate but got some friends to come in and watch me with instructions to come get her if they needed her input. That way she could get some sleep since I needed her functional to manage my care. Another vote for you to get some sleep if you can.