PDA

View Full Version : Nebulizing grappa?

pberggren1
06-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the idea of trying to nebulize grappa. I was thinking of trying it tonight. And maybe diluting it as well. I will continue to try Marta's home remedy with the wool and grappa on chest until the bottle is empty. I have not noticed any improvement yet with chest congestion.

Rini
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
have u seen this?
Marcel's Quantum Kitchen | Syfy (http://www.syfy.com/marcelsquantumkitchen/)

delorisdoe
06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I say try it. I have always had lung issues, asthma, wegners, and fairly frequent lung infections. One thing that has worked for me was believing that it will work. Please don't missunderstand me...I'm not talking about positive thinking making it all better. When ever I am hAving An asthma attack etc. if I can't find my inhaler panic sets in and the attack gets that much worse. On the flip side I read somewhere that inhaling black coffee during an attack will work. I do this often with pneumonia and it helps. I am pretty sure all it does is calm me down. The oposite of calm never helps you breath.

Sangye
06-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Whoa. I do not recommend nebulizing alcohol. Alcohol is not meant to be taken into the body via respiration. You can get into real trouble doing something like that. Also, I suspect it will burn the tissues throughout your respiratory system. It's not like you could rinse out your lungs if that happened.

Phil, if the grappa is going to help it would work within one or two tries. What does your doctor say about the congestion?

Psyborg
06-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Whoa. I do not recommend nebulizing alcohol. Alcohol is not meant to be taken into the body via respiration. You can get into real trouble doing something like that. Also, I suspect it will burn the tissues throughout your respiratory system. It's not like you could rinse out your lungs if that happened.

Phil, if the grappa is going to help it would work within one or two tries. What does your doctor say about the congestion?

I agree with Sangye here...be careful. I know a few years ago there were bars that were specializing in vaporized inhaled alchol and the medical professionals were very concerned.

marta
06-14-2011, 02:43 AM
I'm with Sangye and Bob on this one Phil. I wouldn't do that. I don't know how exactly it works but the idea is that it goes through your skin through osmosis. If it were to go into your body through your mouth then you're just getting drunk, and if you want to go that route just drink it and don't experiement with your lungs, they're already compromised. Good luck with getting better.

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Thanks guys, I will just do the wool thing for now and not nebulize it at all.

My doc says the congestion could be around for a long time to come because of the lung infection still in there and the extensive damage from Wegs.

Psyborg
06-14-2011, 03:04 AM
And if you need to take the edge off have a small drink ;)

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 03:07 AM
have u seen this?
Marcel's Quantum Kitchen | Syfy (http://www.syfy.com/marcelsquantumkitchen/)

What's this about? I did not get anything.

Rini
06-14-2011, 03:23 AM
this guy dose crazy stuff with food, mad science cook... there is a show called "marcels quantum kitchen" and he just dose stuff with science to make food that is really crazy...I have only seen one episode but have hurd of a lot of his recipes...its kinda hard to explain what he does so i tried to post a link to the videos of his show... o well

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 03:26 AM
I will have to check that out later Rini. That sounds quite interesting. Thanks for posting that. How are things going today for you?

Rini
06-14-2011, 03:30 AM
last time he made spaghetti out of like a gelatin and 3 different kinds of wine, i'll message u

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 03:31 AM
That sounds very interesting!

delorisdoe
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
I suppose inhaling coffee is different then grappa. sorry. but everything else I said has been true for me while i have lung infections etc.

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 03:47 AM
I suppose inhaling coffee is different then grappa. sorry. but everything else I said has been true for me while i have lung infections etc.

No need to apologize. I just wanted some input. I probably wouldn't have nebulized it anyway. It was just a crazy idea that popped into my head.

delorisdoe
06-14-2011, 04:01 AM
I dont even know what a nebulizer is. lol

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 04:02 AM
It is a device that atomizes a liquid to you can breath it in. lol

Rini
06-14-2011, 04:03 AM
ya I had to google
"Definition for nebulization:

Atomization or Atomizer can refer to the following: * In atomic spectroscopy, the conversion of a vaporized sample into atomic components"

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 04:07 AM
ya I had to google
"Definition for nebulization:

Atomization or Atomizer can refer to the following: * In atomic spectroscopy, the conversion of a vaporized sample into atomic components"

Oh ya! That definition really helps, hey, especially for a lay person?!!! :wink1:

delorisdoe
06-14-2011, 04:10 AM
youd think i would know that.

pberggren1
06-14-2011, 04:24 AM
youd think i would know that.

Oh well. I thought I knew some other things as well, but aparently not. LOL :ohmy:

drz
06-14-2011, 06:00 AM
What's this about? I did not get anything.

It is a link to his web site and he has a video on how to make some fancy cocktails. It takes a while to load.

vdub
06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
I will just do the wool thing for now and not nebulize it at all.
OMG! Dang, I'm glad you asked the question and super glad Sangye jumped in on that before you did anything, Batman. I can not possibly imagine any good would have come from that experiment. Please don't do that again....

Put the grappa in a cool dark corner of your cabinet and I'll share it with you someday..... Save the wool socks for this winter when it gets cold....

pberggren1
06-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Oh ya, I would not inhale the grappa unless I had confirmation from all the experts on here.