PDA

View Full Version : Is it Wegners?

Kathie28
06-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I've had a couple of odd things going on and I'm not sure if they are related to a
Wegner's flare or something else I was wondering what you guys thought.
I have a few tiny red dots popping up on my legs it is not a big rash but probably about 12 spots down my lower leg. I've also had a couple of blotchy places show up on my stomach.
My feet are really swollen which the doctors think is from the pred but I am having some numbness in one foot now and in the other foot two of my toes have shooting pains when I lift my foot.
I started Methotrexate about 3 weeks ago and overall feel fairly decent compared to where I have been but I have these odd things creeping up and I'm not sure what to make of it. I had Rituxin back in February so my doctor was hoping to use the Methotrexate as a mantience drug and to get me down on my pred. I have an appointment with the Rhemy next week but wondered if I should be getting really concerned.

Sangye
06-10-2011, 01:55 PM
That sounds suspicious for Wegs activity. The rash sounds exactly like the vasculitic rash I get--same location, too. Though the doctors seem to discount it, a large number of people in this group have reported swollen ankles with active disease. It's been a reliable indicator for me as well.

Glad you've got an appt with the rheumy next week.

Kathie28
06-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks Sangye. I was thinking it might be a vasculitic rash too. Man, I just want to be in remission for a while. How are you feeling today?

renidrag
06-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I have the rash on my legs and spots on my stomach also. Swelling of my feet has gone down to almost nothing except I still have Neuropathy in my feet. Soles still very painful and toes mostly numb. Certainly get it checked.
Dale

Sangye
06-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks Sangye. I was thinking it might be a vasculitic rash too. Man, I just want to be in remission for a while. How are you feeling today?
Sometimes it takes a bit longer to get into remission. Gotta read to the Wegs dog to get him to sleep, then maybe a lullaby to keep him there.

I'm okay-- still shaky. I'm determined to get out of this basement today. In 24 days I've been out 8 times, and 4 of those were treatments days! I gotta see some sky.

Kathie28
06-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Keep hanging in there Sangye! I really appreciate how you spend your time even feeling lousy trying to help everyone out on here. You are so helpful!!! Definately get out and see some light if you can somehow once I manage to get out I feel better. Of course getting out is a little less appealing right now when it is sooo hot but the mornings and evening are pretty good. Take care!!!

Sangye
06-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks Kathie. :smile1: I dragged myself to Walmart today. I was totally wiped out before I even got there! It was really crowded--not a good thing being immune-suppressed but I had to see humans. LOL

elephant
06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
What did you get a Walmart. I was there today buying food!

Sangye
06-13-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL I needed new pajamas.

RCOSSIO
06-14-2011, 07:00 AM
I have an unused new pack of Wonder Woman Underoos....left over 35 years ago from a present my sis got. If you need Sangye i will rush it...in fact I WILL THROW IN FREE SHIPPING ....How's that for a deal. :ohmy:

Sangye
06-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Every so often when I wind up hospitalized the other nuns have to pack my bag for me. :laugh: