PDA

View Full Version : Dad is finally coming home!

Deb Roy
06-07-2011, 06:08 AM
I just wanted to update everyone that my dad is coming home this Friday June 10th. He first was admitted into the hospital on March 15th for a routine biopsy; all the doctors thought he had lung cancer. He was told by the Rhemy that if they had not finally diagnosed him he would have been gone very quickly. This has been a extremely tough road for him and our family, many many trips to the ICU and back. Congestive heart failure, collapsed lung, bleeding ulcers, pacemaker being put in, being on the ventilator for 5 days, many many sores that are still healing, feeding tube, loss his mobility to walk, could not hear, losing most of his eyesight. But to see him now is amazing! He is walking with a walker and his feeding tube should come out this week. Mom is learning what pills he needs to take, how to give him his blood thinner shots, and we are all learning what precautions we need to take with him.
I am still surprised at how quickly WG takes over. I have told him many stories that I have read on here and it helps him to know he is not alone with this.
Thank you to everyone for all your support and advice,

Sangye
06-07-2011, 06:24 AM
That's terrific, Deb. I hope it's smooth sailing for your dad from this point on. Let him know we're all rooting for him and look forward to the day when he might decide to post on here himself. I hope you'll keep us updated. I really appreciate that. :smile1:

WeggieParent
06-07-2011, 06:27 AM
That is wonderful. I'm so happy to hear this. Best wishes to your dad and your family!!! :hug3: I know your whole family must be relieved that your dad is going home from such a long scary hospital stay!!

Hammy8241
06-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Great news, well done to you all for the all important support YOU have given him - best wishes to all for the future. as Sangye says, keep us updated, we're a nosy lot:wink1:

Jack
06-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Fantastic news! I do hope everything continues to go well and that he is able to make a good recovery.

Psyborg
06-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I am so happy for you Deb. I hope he continues to get good improvment.

watersedge
06-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Dear Debroy, i have read the story about your dad several times and i always look out to see if you have posted anything and to see how your dad was doing, i could really relate to what you must have been going through the past few months, the torment of seeing him so ill and probably living in a constant state of fear, i'm sure it has been a very tough time for your dad and your family, finally you will be able to go to bed at night and sleep peacefully knowing that he has turned that corner, i am so happy that he is coming home and is finally on the road to recovery, it brought a smile to my face to read your post. Wishing you and your dad all the best, i will light a candle at mass for him and say a prayer that he continues to improve.

NicShaf
06-07-2011, 09:41 AM
DebRoy,
That is GREAT news! I'm so happy to hear your dad is doing better and on the road to recovery.

RudiK
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Deb, that is fantastic, I hope your dad continues to do better and that he will be around for a long time. All the best to your dad and the rest of your family.

Rudi K.

Deb Roy
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks so much everyone, I still cannot believe he is finally coming home.
Sangye dad and computers do not get along very well. LOL - but I will definitely keep everyone updated on his progress.
Today he is not feeling to well; sick to his stomach and diarrhea. Mom and I are a bit worried; any little thing that is wrong we get nervous and wonder what is happening. I hope it gets easier in time and that we may relax a little bit when it comes to how he is feeling.
Again thank you to everyone! You guys are the best!!! :hug1:

Jack
06-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Good days and bad days pretty well describes my life with Wegener's. Usually a bit of a stomach problem is nothing to worry about, but these are very early days for you father and it will take a long time to establish what can safely be ignored and what is truly unusual and requires investigation. It is all part of the learning process.

Sangye
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Stephanie I agree with Jack. Keep his doctors informed about anything that is off kilter.