PDA

View Full Version : How are doing John?

Sangye
02-17-2009, 02:40 AM
I was just wondering how you're doing these days, John. Are you getting any answers about the nerve stuff? How are you feeling? :)

Sangye
02-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Please excuse the post typo-- I left out a "you." :rolleyes:

crackers
02-17-2009, 05:09 AM
hi sangye.
thanks for asking but no, got nowhere at the neuro centre.they want me to have electro tests which i've already had last year and which are not very pleasant so i'm going to give them a miss.at the moment i'm suffering from swollen feet and legs.sometimes i can hardly get my shoes on.my gp has upped the dosage on the water tabs i'm on and he wants me to go to the cardio centre to make sure my heart is working properly.up to last september i felt better than i had in a long time.i could walk the german shepherp for about a mile but then i had the surgery to reverse the stoma and since then i've gone backwards big style.i can barely walk 100 yards now and i don't have the strength to control the dog.it can't be coincidence but no-one is coming up with any answers.i see my rheumy next week so we'll see what comes out of that.
john.

Sangye
02-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey, I've got swollen legs and feet, too! I haven't had that for awhile now-- well, not this bad anyway. I've been getting stabilized on coumadin (blood thinners) and it's taking longer than we thought. Might be blood clots, especially since I've had them before.

I hope your doc is ruling out blood clots, also. Does he know that Weggies are more prone to them? It's usually something only the Wegs experts are current on, since it's fairly new information.

crackers
02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
thanks sangye i'll mention that next week when i see my rheumy.
john

Sangye
02-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Please don't wait until next week to run it by your rheumy, John. If you have blood clots it could be quickly fatal or cause a stroke. Give him a call today, okay?

My docs didn't take me seriously when I said I had clots because they didn't know about the Wegs/ clot connection. I walked around with legs filled with them for 3 weeks, as they broke loose and filled my lungs. Thankfully they all lodged there and none went to my heart or brain.

crackers
02-17-2009, 09:06 AM
it's 10 pm here so i'll phone in the morning.thanks sangye.
john.