PDA

View Full Version : Side effects of Aza?

Jules
06-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Made the switch from ctx to aza just over a week and a half ago - everything seems fine apart from. . .

Had been going to the gym religiously over the past month or so (four times a week) and really getting into it (nothing more than 5 minutes on a bike, 30 mins on the treadmill and 5 mins on the cross trainer!) but was feeling fitter and blood pressure was starting to move in the right direction, in fact well enough to up the treadmill time a little! However, since the switch I seem to have become more breathless and, to be quite honest, absolutely knackered by the end of my workout - so much so that I've had to go back to my original workout schedule and I even struggled with that today!

Can't seem to find anything about getting breathless on exertion in the side effects section of the meds leaflet - has anyone experienced the same, or got any ideas?

Sangye
06-02-2011, 03:43 AM
You need to let your doc know. It might be that aza is not keeping the Wegs under control enough.

I do find it amazing that you consider it "nothing" to work out like that! I can barely walk 100 ft. Slowly. :rolleyes1:

Jules
06-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Sorry Sangye, that probably came across as a bit insensitive - apologies to you and others that are in the same boat! Its Just being an adrenaline junkie, outdoors adventure and a '100 miles an hour' person pre-Wegs, it does seem like nothing to me - probably a mix of denial about my limitations now and my stubborn side refusing to give in to anything - a 'Taurus' through and through! :wink1:If it doesn't improve I'll mention it next time I see my doc.

Sangye
06-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Oh no, please don't worry about sounding insensitive. That's not what I meant. I meant that it's all relative. Before Wegs I wouldn't have thought of a 40-minute workout as satisfying, either. Now I'd take it in a heartbeat! LOL