PDA

View Full Version : Graze! Healthy snacks for all UK weggies!

malin
06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi,

I'm stuggling to loose weight and have put on loads since being back on pred again, I just can't resist foods n sweets, I really wanted to give healthy eating a go but didn't want to lose my snacks! Haha :p
SO when I recently stumbled upon a site called Graze ( graze | healthy snacks by post | get nature delivered (http://www.graze.com) ) I was a very happy bunny!

They hand pick and deliver healthy/healthier snacks and nibbles to you door about once a week or more often if you like! Have a look at their website n read the info about "grazing" and look at what snacks they have.

If anyone is interested in trying out a free box and then getting a second one for half price, I was given a voucher code to share with friends. Code: 3TQ4MQC

I recived my first box today and even though there isn't loads in there, its a good option for anyone struggling to resist a daily "treat". This box gives you 4 different snacks to choose from and is a healthier alternative to a muffin/chocolate bar/ cookies etc

Also, thanks to the boxes being hand picked every week just for you, (you can rate foods with bin, try, like and love, so you won't end up with something you hate) you wont really get bored of being a bit healthier!

Give it a go if you like, as I said, if you use the code I was provided with, you will get your first box free and if after that, you want another box, you will get that one half price. You can cancel the deliveries at any time when you don't want them anymore, and you can cancel after reciving your free box as well, so if you don't want to, you don't have to pay a penny! :p

(Just want to let you guys know this isn't an advert for this site, lol, I simply fell in love with the whole idea and the loooovely snacks! lol pred-food-craving-mania warning! ) :p

freakyschizogirl
06-02-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm in the same boat Malin, nice to see ya btw, I'll definately be looking at this site as someone who cant stay away from sweet things either.:blushing:

How are you?

Sangye
06-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Malin, it's a good idea. Just take a look at the full ingredients of each before you order. I checked out a number of the snacks-- almost everything (except the olives) list sugar as their 2nd or 3rd ingredient, which means a lot of sugar. Even the wasabi peas! That can add up if you have it every day.

malin
06-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Freaky, I'm ok really, only problem at the moment is that I get soooo incredibly tired everyday around 10-11 am and stay that way until bedtime no matter what. I think it might have to do with me cutting down on pred and being on only 1 mg per day right now? How are you? Are you still up for meeting up one day for a girly shopping trip or something like that? :)

Sangye, Yeah I know the sugars are quite high in some of the stuff but then I still think it is a better alternative to snacking on crisps, biccies n "normal" sweets, especially as the amount you get is quite limited, with each punnet having about 35g - 46g of snacks in them, but I do agree that you have to check the ingredients. (You also get a little booklet with nutritional info about each punnet and another booklet that gives advice about smart snacking and healthy eating, but in an easy to understand fun way) :)

Also they do have alternatives like different set nutritional plan boxes with only healthy stuff and non of the very sugary snacks.

Sangye
06-02-2011, 04:08 AM
That's good. I'm glad you're keeping an eye on it.

It sounds to me like the 1mg pred is not enough and your adrenals aren't kicking in as they should. That's exactly what happened to me. Be warned, if that's the case you need to increase the pred asap or you'll have to go way up on the dose and stay there for 6 months before restarting the taper. That's what Dr Seo told me when I didn't catch it in time.

malin
06-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up Sangye, I'll bring it up with my rheumy and see what she says, I'm also going to bloods tomorrow so she will have "fresh" results lol :p

Sangye
06-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Good. Please don't wait. Dr Seo told me you have to catch it within 2-3 days or it's too late. I had gone 3 weeks (!!!) by the time I saw him and was in horrible shape by then.

drz
06-02-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm in the same boat Malin, nice to see ya btw, I'll definately be looking at this site as someone who cant stay away from sweet things either.:blushing:

How are you?

I am guessing they don't deliver to the USA though so tell us how good they are and how well they work for you.