PDA

View Full Version : Rituximab Runny Nose

Theresa
05-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Has anyone had a runny nose as a side effect of rituximab? Justin had his fourth treatmetn on Friday and has come up with a very annoying runny nose. That is listed as a side effect. What works to treat it? How long does it last?

Sangye
05-31-2011, 01:47 AM
I get this odd thing from rtx that persists several months after the infusions. Whenever I tilt my head forward a bit, it's like water runs out my left nostril. I don't have congestion, no real Wegs nose/sinus involvement, and it's clear. It started last year soon after rtx round #2. Dr Seo said it was not related but it's now happened every time. It only happens on the left! Mine is nothing to complain about-- just something really weird.

Keli
05-31-2011, 04:42 AM
I just received my first infusion on Tuesday and have runny nose as well. To deal with it I use the neil med sinus rinse twice a day. Seems to clear it up and isn't horrible to do. I just can't imagine having to take one more pill at this point so I haven't tried and meds.

Theresa
06-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Thank you Kelli and Sangye. Justin's runny nose only lasted a day - although it was really bad. He seems fine now so we're praying it was just a fluke. I'll let you know if we see it again.