PDA

View Full Version : Blood Blister

Psyborg
05-24-2011, 12:51 AM
I was wondering if something that looks like a blood blister is a symptom of Wegs or the drugs? It's definitely not a full rash or anything. I just have one blood blister on my right temple. Doesn't hurt or itch or anything, just a weird slightly swollen red spot. I haven't be hurt their at all. Kind of just appeared one day.

Generally I feel great so it stikes me as odd that this popped up.

Jack
05-24-2011, 02:10 AM
I did have a lot of blood blisters on my hands before being diagnosed, but I had loads of other problems too, including different types of skin eruptions. Nothing like just a single blood blister though. I'd be inclined to pop it! :rolleyes1:

Psyborg
05-24-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure if blood blister is the right term really then. Just the closest name I could come up with. Really it's like a little tiny red bruise maybe...accept again no pain associated with it.

Trust me if it was raised much I'd probably pop it :p

Sangye
05-24-2011, 02:46 AM
It's probably nothing Bob. Maybe it's a bug bite. The rash I get from Wegs is like tiny blood blisters. They begin as red dots and gradually become raised. I've had a few on my face but mostly they appear on my legs when the Wegs is active. Just keep an eye on it and let your doc know if it gets worse or you start to see a head growing from it. :biggrin1:

Chris G
05-24-2011, 05:15 AM
During my first rtx infusion, I developed a tiny blood blister under my left eye (no bigger than the period on my keyboard). I know that it was caused by the infusion (my eye lids puffed up a bit too). Any thoughts? It was a little bit freaky, but I was feeling so crappy I didn't give it too much thought. Then it cleared up the next day.

Psyborg
05-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Pretty sure it's not a bug bite as it's been there for a few weeks. Since it doesn't cause discomfort I probably don't need to worry :p

Sangye
05-24-2011, 05:39 AM
During my first rtx infusion, I developed a tiny blood blister under my left eye (no bigger than the period on my keyboard). I know that it was caused by the infusion (my eye lids puffed up a bit too). Any thoughts? It was a little bit freaky, but I was feeling so crappy I didn't give it too much thought. Then it cleared up the next day.
I have no idea, but I bet every person who reads that is going to look down at their keyboard! :laugh:

Chris G
05-24-2011, 05:44 AM
I know LOL. That's kinda why I referenced it. :flapper:

pwc51
05-24-2011, 07:27 AM
When I was first diagnosed I had tiny pin prick size blood spots on end of each finger - they were unusual enough for another rheumatologist to photograph them for future reference. My feet had large areas of the vasculitic rash. This all cleared fairly quickly as I underwent treatment.

When I flared I had large areas of rash around the ankles and this spread up my leg to my knees. No pain or itching. I was continually sending my rheumatologist pictures of my legs (I bet he was delighted!) as the ctx was not working. As soon as I started the rtx the rashes disappeared - nearly 3 months now.

Sangye
05-24-2011, 07:30 AM
The rash I get is usually itchy but not like a typical itchy rash. It's like something is crawling under the skin. The itching starts a day or two before a lesion appears. We've biopsied them before and they're vasculitic lesions. That's actually the biopsy I used to confirm dx.

gurinbasra
05-24-2011, 09:52 AM
When I scratch, I get some red spots appearing, completely round and just red spots without even a bump on the skin. When I showed my dr. he said it was because the Pred had thinned my skin, so it's sensitive to the scratching, and even though I'm on a low dosage now, I still have to stop myself from scratching because summer is coming and all I have is a whole lot of red spots around my arms and neck to show off!

beeinformed
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi!

I have a red, hive-like spot that has been on my shoulder for the past few weeks that is not itchy. Has anyone ever had something like this? Thanks!

mishb
05-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I have a few of these on my body, arms and legs.
My rheumy calls them 'Petechiae' which are tiny blood vessels close to the skin, that pop. I can actually feel them like a snap or a pin prick just before I get one.
I have had them for a few years before diagnosis and have mentioned them quite often (even yesterday when I saw my Rheumy's assistant) and none have ever thought that they warrranted much to anything.

Now I hear that others have these strange little red spots (most of mine are flat but a few are like little red balls or bubbles) I wonder if it is something??
I am seeing the assistant again tomorrow, so I will mention it again and see what she says.