PDA

View Full Version : Dumpy

Dumpy
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone,
I sure was glad to find this site because after awhile the doctors can help but they don't know exactly what you are going through.
I was diagnosed with WG in Feb. 08 after many months of test and a different diagnosis of BOOP which is another auto immune disease which only effects the lungs. When I was diagnosed with BOOP I had a nagging cough that wouldn't go away along with occasional nose bleeds. The doctors didn't think much about the nose bleed and focused on my lungs. I began a treatment of 60 mg of prednisone which helped with the cough. After 6 months of treatment I started with a bad headace that I first thought was brought on from a tooth but after seeing a dentist and my Primary Care Doctor I decided to see a ENT who did a biopsy and took a MRI which she decided that there was a growth next to my brain that needed an additional biopsy but needed to be performed by a ENT with better surgical skill in this area.
This is the point that you don't need to be sick are need some sort of surgey during the Christmas and New Year Holiday. I spent the end of Dec. to the mid part Jan. before the biopsy was done. Which after the biopsy the diagnosis of WG was given. I guess some things work out for the best though because I have the best of the best as far as ENT Doctors go. I don't think I would feel comfortable at all with another ENT.
It's been right at a year and things are better.
I really didn't think about some of the symptoms until I read some the threads on this site.
It's good to know that there are other people out there to talk with.

crackers
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
hi dumpy and welcome.the problem with wg is that there are so many different symptoms and no two people have all the same ones.a doctor will tend to treat them individually and not as a whole.but it's good that you've now been diagnosed and treatment is underway.if you have any questions ask away,there are a lot of good people on here to help and advise.keep in touch.
john

Sangye
02-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Hi Dumpy, glad you got diagnosed and are feeling better. There are so many red herrings with Wegs-- nosebleeds, coughs, you name it. It's always a challenge for a doctor to see the whole picture, especially when they can attribute some of the symptoms to ordinary causes, like nosebleeds.

andrew
02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Dumpy!! Happy to have you on board :)

Sangye
02-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Boy it's good to see you online, Andrew!

Ain't no sunshine when you're gone. :D

Dumpy
02-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Dumpy!! Happy to have you on board :)
Hello Andrew. I have really enjoyed this site and have leared a lot from everyone. The more I read the more I understand that this is one crazy disease that has effected all of us and yet it has so many different effects on each one of us. Just glad to be on board with all of the support

andrew
02-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Boy it's good to see you online, Andrew!

Ain't no sunshine when you're gone. :D

Thanks :-) Been working 16 hour days so not much time for anything else. Starting to calm down for a few days so hope to be online here a bunch over the weekend.

Hello Andrew. I have really enjoyed this site and have leared a lot from everyone. The more I read the more I understand that this is one crazy disease that has effected all of us and yet it has so many different effects on each one of us. Just glad to be on board with all of the support

Hi Dumpy...yes, the forum seems to be ticking along nicely. We're all kindred spirits here so feel free to ask anything or just vent frustrations :)