PDA

View Full Version : How rude!

delorisdoe
05-15-2011, 05:05 AM
I just noticed whilst visiting my own home page I have no friends. :biggrin1:

Jack
05-15-2011, 05:16 AM
I have never understood the system anyway. What are "friends" supposed to be for in the Internet world?

delorisdoe
05-15-2011, 05:17 AM
okay thanks. i feel better about it all now. Truth be known all of you know more about me than any of my friends.

pberggren1
05-15-2011, 05:21 AM
I am your friend.

Sangye
05-15-2011, 05:23 AM
It doesn't do anything on this forum to "friend" people as far as I can tell.

We are all each other's friends. :smile1:

delorisdoe
05-15-2011, 05:23 AM
I have not forgotten that you and I are best cyber buddies. we will solidify that friendship one day on a patio drinking beer with marta right. lol

pberggren1
05-15-2011, 05:25 AM
I have not forgotten that you and I are best cyber buddies. we will solidify that friendship one day on a patio drinking beer with marta right. lol

Don't forget vdub!

Jack
05-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Not true really. :wink1:

We may know more about certain aspects, but without meeting and sharing we miss so much that makes you the person you are.
A recent episode on the Forum brought it home to me that we share very little in common other than our disease and we tend to forget how diverse our views truly are.

drz
05-15-2011, 05:30 AM
I am glad I am not the only one that understand the friend thing here but I am usually on the bleeding edge of obsolescence rather than the cutting edge of new technology. I have only had request to be someones friend here and wasn't sure what to click or do to respond to it anyway. Does anyone know what it does to "friend" someone here or is it like Sangeye says that it doesn't do anything anyway so why is it here???

delorisdoe
05-15-2011, 05:34 AM
yes and vdub.

Oh jack, that makes me sad. I have issues I really do. I can not tell someone face to face anything personal. I just cant do it. If it matters i dont reveal. If you are right then I dont have very many friends at all.

delorisdoe
05-15-2011, 05:36 AM
I am glad I am not the only one that understand the friend thing here but I am usually on the bleeding edge of obsolescence rather than the cutting edge of new technology. I have only had request to be someones friend here and wasn't sure what to click or do to respond to it anyway. Does anyone know what it does to "friend" someone here or is it like Sangeye says that it doesn't do anything anyway so why is it here???

OOO im going with this. I have had a zillion friend requests but I just did not know how to respond to them. yup I am one of the cool kids for sure.

freakyschizogirl
05-15-2011, 07:11 AM
I think its easier to share things on a forum or virtually like this as there's no face to face interaction and you can be as open and honest as you wish to be.

And we have the biggest thing in common, Wegs, although it is a diverse disease and affects each of us differently i think it takes someone who is literally in your shoes to understand you and what you're experiencing.

As for the friend requests i've added people as friend as sometimes its easier to find them to send a message etc...But i dont know if there is any benefit in doing so....Andrew??

Sangye
05-15-2011, 08:13 AM
I think there are many kinds of friendships. It's true that I don't know everything about you guys, and maybe not as many details as I would know in my 3D friendships. It's true that there are things that I don't agree with in big or little ways. But when I think of each of you and your individual personalities, your particular humor, the way you each respond to things I have the same feelings I have with my friends in everyday life. I'm more drawn to some than others, feel a deeper connection to some more than others, just like people I know in person. When I don't hear from you or I can't be online as much I miss you. I care about what happens to each of you, celebrating along with you when things go well, and crying along with you when they don't. To me that is friendship.

freakyschizogirl
05-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I am often too opinionated for my own good....:wink1:

delorisdoe
05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
I am often too opinionated for my own good....:wink1:

Rolflmao...I am always too opinonated for my own good

pberggren1
05-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I will echo what Sangye just said.

I have to agree with you as well Jack.

And it doesn't matter about the friend requests on here. From what I can tell it makes no difference what so ever.

Chris G
05-15-2011, 09:22 AM
I think there are many kinds of friendships. It's true that I don't know everything about you guys, and maybe not as many details as I would know in my 3D friendships. It's true that there are things that I don't agree with in big or little ways. But when I think of each of you and your individual personalities, your particular humor, the way you each respond to things I have the same feelings I have with my friends in everyday life. I'm more drawn to some than others, feel a deeper connection to some more than others, just like people I know in person. When I don't hear from you or I can't be online as much I miss you. I care about what happens to each of you, celebrating along with you when things go well, and crying along with you when they don't. To me that is friendship.

So sweet Sangye. I agree with everything you've said here.

We all have one very large burden in common.......but with that, comes the knowledge & ability to comfort each other. I really do care about what happens to everyone here.

Psyborg
05-15-2011, 10:16 AM
I agree we are all in this together to an extent. I also agree that sometimes I don't agree with some folks opinions, but I do care a great deal about everyone I've met here. I hope to see everyone getting better if at all possible.

marta
05-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Well, not to be left out, I too must agree with everything said here. I have said it before and I will say it again, you guys are like an extended family to me, and the wonderful thing about a family is that you can say what you feel without feeling like you're going to be ostracized (sp?) from the family for ever. We can agree and disagree and still be family. Sometimes a family member will move to another place and live a different life, but they'll still be in your heart, and you know that some day you might hook up again, and things will be the same as they were when they left. I too feel a 'little' too opinionated from time to time but I never hold a grudge, my deck is always open for beers or virgin margharritas for the non alcoholics in the group, and my house is always open for company from my family. With me, you pretty much know what I'm like in real life as I type/say what I think pretty much the same way as in 3D world. Nothing is hidden. I admire people like Leigh who can keep their feelings close to their chest - I'm the exact opposite... it's out there, for the whole world to see. That's why all my posts are so friggin' long, unlike others who I admire who can say so much with so little words (Jack).

So my deck for beers? Bring it on fellow Wegheads.

pberggren1
05-15-2011, 02:54 PM
You guys should try 4D and 5D world! :w00t:

Rini
05-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I am new & feel I can ask or share things without being laughed at or condescended. I can turn to you guys for help on something most people have never herd of. I hope to get to know yall better and maybe someday be as much help as i have been given. I do like using the "friend" thing but it is just easier to find people that way. I don't think the # of "friends" someone has really relates to the # of people they have for friends. :hug3:Feel free to correct any of my spelling problems, they will happen.

pberggren1
05-15-2011, 07:59 PM
You will never be laughed at or condescended here Rini. Your spelling and english grammar are just fine. You are doing very well for such a young person. I am afraid that if Wegs struck me as young as you are now that I would not have handled it as well as you are now.

Rini
05-16-2011, 04:51 AM
You will never be laughed at or condescended here Rini. Your spelling and english grammar are just fine. You are doing very well for such a young person. I am afraid that if Wegs struck me as young as you are now that I would not have handled it as well as you are now.

I have lots of people to tun to. It makes everything easier.

Lightwarrior
05-16-2011, 11:11 AM

Well said Sangye. i would add as someone who teaches online that I do believe that personalities and the "essence" of who one is can come across cyber space. Thank you to all of the friends I have made on this forum.