PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

CODavid
05-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Hello to everyone. My name is David Deegan and I live in Peyton, Colorado, USA. I likely have had WG since 2006, but it took until March 2010 to be diagnosed. I have had significant nasal involvment, lung granulomas, eye problems and kidney involvement. I am being treated by a great team at University of Coloado Hospital in Aurora (Denver) Colorado.

I am married to a super wonderful woman, Nancy, have three kids, Kim, Mandee, and Josh, not to mention a bunch of good friends.

I am interested in gardening, hiking (not so much any more), and law study (in law school).

I am an officer in the US Army, and the Army is doing a great job of taking care of me.

Treatment using Cytoxin and Methotrexate failed to produce remision, so I am set to start Rituxan treatment soon. I am scheduled for 4 go-arounds of RTX with the expectation of going onto Imutrex after. So far no significant infections or any of the other problems we all have...but I am parinoid; not sure that helps or just makes it harder to sleep at times.

I am really happy I found this. I have come across a lot of great information.

Best wishes to all.

v/r
David Deegan

elephant
05-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Nice to meet you David. I bet in your case the docs thought you had allergies/ sinus infections and kept sending you to different docs. I had the disease in the late 70's and just diagnosed 2008. I already had a kidney transplant, it has affected my sinus, lungs, blood clot in the leg, ears, eyes and mild stomach issues. Welcome, wishing you a speedy recovery!

ScreaminMeanie
05-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Welcome, David. I'm in SW Colorado so we're almost neighbors. ;)

You've had a tough road. I'm glad you're getting the Rituxan. I also can't tolerate cyclophosphamide, and methotrexate is not seeming to work for me. I have a very limited form of the disease - no organ involvement, just skin and joints, but I was getting to the point where walking was difficult until I started the RTX. I've just had the 3rd of 4 infusions, and my joint pain is already virtually gone. I hope it does as well for you as it is seemingly doing for me (and many others here who have had wonderfully positive results with RTX)!

Sangye
05-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi David, welcome to the group. I'm glad you're getting good treatment and that you haven't had complications. Ctx and mtx didn't work for me, either (I can't take them again). Rtx is the only option I have and it's working okay. I start another round of 4 infusions next week.

renidrag
05-15-2011, 05:23 AM
Welcome David and Thank You for your service to the USA. A whole lot of knowledgeable people here for anything you need.
Dale

pberggren1
05-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the Family David!

jmmilliorn
05-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Glad you found the forum, David. God bless you and thank you for serving your country in the Army. I had a blood clot on the Methotrexate and then a toxic reaction. Now on RTX and feeling better. There is a lot of good experience within the forum and it is great to find people who understand your symptoms even better than the doctors who have only "seen" them and not "experienced" them.

NicShaf
05-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Hello David, welcome to the group. I hope the Rtx starts working for you and you're on the road to recovery and remission.