PDA

View Full Version : Finally enjoyed a concert.

drz
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Before WGs/GPA took my hearing along with several other things, I used to enjoy going to lots of concerts and plays. I tried going to a concert last Monday with a singing group from Vancouver but had to leave at intermission due to fatigue and frustration at not being able to hear enough to enjoy it. They were telling stories and jokes between songs that must have been funny judging from audience reaction but not when you only hear a few of the words.

Friday night my wife talked me into going to another concert featuring an Wadaiko Ensemble. They play an artistic style of music called taiko which means large Japanese Drum. It is described as one of the most physical and rigorous forms of drumming and a mixture of percussion, martial arts and dance. The performers wore nice costumes and had impressive synchronous movements that were very powerful and fast. You didn't need to hear anything since you could feel the sound waves off the large drums and enjoy the dance and movements. The drumming was usually loud enough for me to hear without any problem except during the slower or quieter movements.

I always enjoyed the Taiko part of Shoji Tabuchi's show in Branson so it was very enjoyable concert for me and should be for any one with poor hearing from Wegs/GPA if you like some exciting rhythmic entertainment.

The group I heard (Tokura) is off to their home base in Japan but will be at Edinburgh, Scotland and Exeter City England in August and September.

Sangye
05-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the concert, drz. It must be awful to have serious hearing loss.

freakyschizogirl
05-10-2011, 02:26 AM
I went to see N-Dubz at the O2 a week ago drz, you would've heard them had you been there as we were right by the speakers!!

Chris G
05-10-2011, 03:05 AM
That sounds like an awesome show Drz! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy it!

NicShaf
05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
That is awesome drz!