PDA

View Full Version : Pontypridd, South Wales

Tippon
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
For those of us based in South Wales, a few of us are meeting up in Llechwen Hall, near Pontypridd at 4pm on June 11th. It's a good opportunity for us to meet other Weggies and have a chat with people who know what we're going through, and just to be able to relax without having to explain the aches and pains :flapper:

The full address is Llechwen Hall Hotel, Llanfabon, Nr Pontypridd, Mid-Glamorgan, CF37 4HP and the hotel's website is Llechwen Hall Hotel and Restaurant (http://www.llechwen.co.uk/)

Hope to see a few of you there :thumbsup:

oaktreehill
05-07-2011, 02:52 AM
I'll be there! Are people bringing partners?

Tippon
05-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Well, I will be, seeing as it's Ellen who's organised it! :tongue1:

As far as I'm concerned though, everyone is welcome. It's not just us lot with the disease that have to live with it, and our partners will have questions of their own too. Also, who's gonna drive us there otherwise? :tongue1:

oaktreehill
05-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Yes very true... but then again I cant even have a drink at the moment cos of meds :-( probably only the "healthly" among us will be able to drink !! Not fair - last alcoholic drink I had was Christmas 2009 !

gwenllian111
05-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Yay, I will be there!! I can't wait!!

I'm bringing my husband too, and probably my youngest daughter too (who's nearly 2) is that ok?

Wow! I've never met other weggies before - what a FANTASTIC idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxx

gwenllian111
05-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Shall I make a little poster up to put in UHW's Rheum clinic to entice other weggies along?! :biggrin1:

pberggren1
05-08-2011, 05:49 AM
I wish I could come.

Sangye
05-08-2011, 06:00 AM
You should all wear funny hats like the royal wedding. :biggrin1:

Tippon
05-08-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm bringing my husband too, and probably my youngest daughter too (who's nearly 2) is that ok?

Of course it's ok :thumbsup: I'll ring the hotel tomorrow just to double check, but I don't see them having a problem :smile1:

Shall I make a little poster up to put in UHW's Rheum clinic to entice other weggies along?! :biggrin1:

That's a great idea. I'll be seeing my consultant, Sian Griffin, on Monday and letting her know about it, and I'll be asking her to pass on the details to the other Weggies patients she has at the moment (there were about half a dozen of us in the hospital the last time I stayed in). If I get time tomorrow, I'll print out a few flyers with the details on that can be passed out, seeing as all these meds seem to make us Weggies forgetful :tongue1:

Phil: You're more than welcome to come along. Flights are not that expensive these days, are they? :unsure::tongue1:

pberggren1
05-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Phil: You're more than welcome to come along. Flights are not that expensive these days, are they? :unsure::tongue1:

I just have a few repairs to make on the Batplane and then I will be over in the fall.:wink1:

Geoff
05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow! I've never met other weggies before - what a FANTASTIC idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my first Close Encounter of the Weggie Kind last year and it was a great experience (13 of us in one room in Cambridge..we still keep in touch)

Hope you have a great time.. Who knows we may get the Essex contingent down the M4 that day!!!

gwenllian111
05-08-2011, 04:53 PM
You should all wear funny hats like the royal wedding. :biggrin1:

:biggrin1:

gwenllian111
05-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I had my first Close Encounter of the Weggie Kind last year and it was a great experience (13 of us in one room in Cambridge..we still keep in touch)

Hope you have a great time.. Who knows we may get the Essex contingent down the M4 that day!!!

That would be brilliant!

Hammy8241
05-08-2011, 06:30 PM
great experience (13 of us in one room in Cambridge..we still keep in touch)

Just WHAT type of group are you describing Geoff!!!:biggrin1:

freakyschizogirl
05-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Lol, you'd give me a lift right Geoff, or is this my incentive to speed up on my driving lessons?

Sangye
05-08-2011, 10:49 PM
ROTFL I was thinking the same thing as Hammy. Like boy, you think you know somebody and then they start talking about their great "experiences." :lol::lol::lol:

Geoff
05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Just WHAT type of group are you describing Geoff!!!:biggrin1:

You've seen the films Hammy..."Carry on Matron...Doctor in the House"?? Funny how humour doesnt seem to travel over the pond.

Sam:- "Speed up on your driving lessons??" How many pictures do you want from the M4 speed cameras?? :blushing:

Tippon
05-10-2011, 09:20 AM

The invasion's coming! Defend the bridge! :flapper::flapper::flapper:

It would be brilliant if you guys came up too :)

We had a mini meeting in the UHW clinic waiting room today. While I was waiting, another Weggie that was on the ward with me came in, and we were chatting about the meet, when he realised that there were two other weggie's that he knew in the waiting room. While I was in having bloods done, a lady sat next to my father and started chatting, and it turned out that she lives down the road from me and also has Wegener's! :blink:

I dished out some info about the meet and left flyers with my consultant and the nurse in charge of the Cyclophosphamide, so hopefully there'll be a few more faces there too :thumbsup:

oaktreehill
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Is the meeting still going ahead in the 11th? Hope so...

Tippon
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep, everything's still going ahead :)

gwenllian111
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
See you all this afternoon!
Gwenx

Tippon
06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
See you there :)

Sangye
06-12-2011, 12:32 AM
On my way! Are we wearing funny hats?

oaktreehill
06-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Was a great meet up! Was lovely to chat to everyone.

Hope we arrange it again soon x

pberggren1
06-12-2011, 07:05 AM
How many Weggies were there in total?

renidrag
06-12-2011, 07:46 AM
A face to face meeting with other folks (who am i George Bush?) who can understand. I am very happy for you all and hope some day to meet a Weggie myself.
Dale

Sangye
06-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Me too. Glad you guys got to share some time together! :smile1:

oaktreehill
06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
There were 7 weggies in total I think with a few of us bringing our partners.

Was really nice to share experiences and symptoms with other people. Some of us diagnosed relatively recently and one lady who's had it 12 years.

Tippon
06-12-2011, 06:00 PM
It was great to meet everyone, and I think everyone enjoyed it :thumbup:

Looks like we'll have to organise another one now :thumbsup:

oaktreehill
06-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah will definitely have to do it again. We both really enjoyed it. Think Matt appreciates a bit more now what we all go through. Result!

gwenllian111
10-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Is there going to be another meet soon? We could do it at our house, we're in Whitchurch/Cardiff area. Let me know x

DEE
10-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Hi Gwen ,Hope you have got your joint pain under control now. Im going to a meeting a week on sunday.Its a group for Yorkshire people. The lady I spoke has wg but she did not say anything about the others.She said people are encouraged to take hubby/wife /partner. They have a consultant coming to give a talk and also having a buffet provided for just five pound each .She said that they have had only one other meeting and that she had learnt alot and swoped ideas about things ,also found out about drugs she did not know about.
When I told my wg consult he said he would give a talk if they need anyone else !.
Will let you know how it goes
Take care of you .

Tippon
10-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Is there going to be another meet soon? We could do it at our house, we're in Whitchurch/Cardiff area. Let me know x

Hi Gwen :)

Funnily enough, a few of us were talking about another meet a few days ago. We'll have to get a date sorted out soon :)

pberggren1
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I sure wish I could hop across the pond some day for a visit with you folks.

drz
10-01-2011, 11:35 AM
I sure wish I could hop across the pond some day for a visit with you folks.

I'd be happy just to cross the border to visit fellow Weggies.

pberggren1
10-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I'd be happy just to cross the border to visit fellow Weggies.

We don't have much room at our house but we do have some couches that you could sleep on. You are always more than welcome to come stay here and visit some Weggies.

vdub
10-01-2011, 01:14 PM
One of these days, I'm going to point our RV north toward Swift Current....

pberggren1
10-01-2011, 03:47 PM
One of these days, I'm going to point our RV north toward Swift Current....

Now that would make my decade for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t: