PDA

View Full Version : Have question?

LisaMarie
05-06-2011, 02:09 AM
:glare:Ok had my CT of my face to check out that right manible mass...it appears to be a bone island? and i have a hugh right submanible gland that does not show completely on the CT and pariotid glands bilaterial with nodules...so they recommend a MRI with contrast...I swear i will be a glow worm soon:confused1:...so i may have them do the it Mayo...Has anyone else had these issues with WG?

Sangye
05-06-2011, 02:26 AM
If it turns out to be a bone island then it's nothing to worry about--just an incidental finding. It's important to do further testing to make sure.

If you can get the MRI done at Mayo it might be best. I know my studies done at JHU are of better quality than at outside facilities. They also have the latest and greatest machines. They have a newer style of MRI machine (not an "Open" MRI, which are poor quality) that is larger than the usual long, narrow tube and is brightly lit in a pleasant room. I don't get nearly as claustrophobic in it.

LisaMarie
05-06-2011, 06:41 AM
I got clarification it is a bone island vs sclerosis of mandible....i am more concerned about the enlarged submanible gland that can not be seen and the nodules...so i will see if Mayo will do the MRI

Psyborg
05-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Both of my submandibular glands are also constantly enlarged. I've pointed this out and my Doc at the CC says its nothing to worry about. So take that for what it's worth, hopefully that can help you feel less nervous :)

LisaMarie
05-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Ok Mayo is doing the MRI...and i have an article where they found WG in Submandible glands...hoping mine has not traveled there