PDA

View Full Version : Colostrum

maria garcia
04-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Has anyone tried the supplement Colostrum? Or heard anything about how it can help with wegners.

Sangye
04-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Not a good idea at all, Maria. Colostrum is immune-boosting and therefore opposes the drugs we take. Wegs isn't like cancer, where you'd do everything possible to strengthen the immune system.

NicShaf
04-29-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't think there are any suppliments that have any evidence of helping with Wegs, I think that was one of the first things I looked into. It's just one of the diseases that requires treatment.

maria garcia
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Not a good idea at all, Maria. Colostrum is immune-boosting and therefore opposes the drugs we take. Wegs isn't like cancer, where you'd do everything possible to strengthen the immune system.

Bovine Colostrum Relieves Autoimmune Disorders Without Side Effects
The Science
"Colostrum contains a special Proline-Rich-Polypeptide (PRP) that serves as a powerful regulator of the immune system. PRP in colostrum increases the permeability of the skin vessels, which offers a regulatory activity, stimulation or suppressing the immune response." (Staroscik)
"The ability to stimulate or suppress the immune response is highly significant. Suppressing the immune system is necessary to prevent the immune system from attacking the body itself, as in the case of autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, MS, Alzheimer's disease and allergies. Colostrum's suppressive action may help prevent this type of activity involved in autoimmune diseases

Sangye
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes, I am familiar with this. Note that they didn't list Wegs among the examples of AI diseases it may help. That's because there is absolutely no research--not even a single case study-- of colostrum or any holistic remedy being used to treat Wegs in lieu of drugs.

Here are 2 threads with longer posts from me about the dangers of using holistic remedies to treat Wegs. I hope they help you.
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/new-member-introductions/346-my-roommate-i-2.html

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/353-natural-homeopathic-remedies.html