PDA

View Full Version : cytox

Red
04-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Hello i just wanted to no if anybody has similar probs have had 4 cytox treatments rumy reduced pred from 30mg to 20mg eye flair dr say maybe more cytox treatment than 6 had 5th still eye issue started protopic ointment for eye and went back up to 30 mg pred 3 days ago.6 treatment in 2 weeks or so wonder if something besides sytoxin treatment .

pberggren1
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
I believe that oral ctx is much more effective and easier to handle than IV form.

ArlaMo
04-23-2011, 06:54 AM
I was on ctx for almost a year, but I took it orally. No real problems with it other than some initial nausea (lasted about a month) and hair loss. When I was at Cleveland Clinic in January, Dr. Langford told me the same thing as Phil has stated - that ctx orally is often better tolerated and more effective.

Red
04-23-2011, 07:04 AM
It has not been really bad first 4 treatments 1 day nausea,5 treatment 6 days ,no hair lose yet.

Red
04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
also i will cry on a drop of a hat very emotional for about 1 week after treatment

NicShaf
04-23-2011, 08:15 AM
I also am taking oral Cytoxan for the same reason. I had more severe side effects with Preds over CTX.

The crying at the drop of a hat sounds like a Pred side effect to me...but I don't know if the IV CTX has different side effects from the Oral version.

Jack
04-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Crying seems to be a regular one on the forum and is probably due to the combination of constant stress and Prednisolone. I struggle with it all the time.

I only took IV ctx for a few days after initial diagnosis and then switched to oral taken daily. Never really had much problem with it and hope it stays that way. I've taken my maximum dose over the years and the possibility of side effects never goes away even when you stop.