PDA

View Full Version : stupid resident

delorisdoe
04-22-2011, 06:00 AM
So I had an appointment today and had the unfortunate pleasure of first being seen by the dumbest resident ever. First she did not believe me that just because the result of my anca test said above 8, that does not mean that it is and I quote"way lower than last time. " every time I get my blood tested the lab refuses to provide the titer. She thought I was confused.

After my appointment she gave me my bloodwork form and told me to g get my blood taken now and then go home, and start my 24 hour urine collection and trn that in tomorow morning.

Ok, number one tomorow morning is not 24 hours from 1 pm today.
They prefer it to be started in the am.
Tomorow is good Friday. Am I to leave my pee outside the blood lab with my name.

Normally I like residents...they think of things to ask that my others may not. This woman needed my help. She did not even take my blood pressure.

On a good note, she did fill out just about every box on the blood work form. I will be able to let go of my liver concerns and will even find out if have lupus. Lol

pberggren1
04-22-2011, 06:32 AM
How did she get into med school?

delorisdoe
04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
I don't know. When I got to the pharmacy the pharmasist could not figure out how to dispense the prednisone...aparently I should have helped her with her math too. She ad the taper instructions all messed up. Lucky for me I can figure out that on my own.

Did you not have an apt today?

pberggren1
04-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Ya, my appointment is in about 2 hours.

My pharmacists just give me a bunch of pred and trust me that I am working with my doc on a taper.

delorisdoe
04-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Ya, my appointment is in about 2 hours.

My pharmacists just give me a bunch of pred and trust me that I am working with my doc on a taper.

Lol. Well I have a ton of extra, if it was not dirt cheap id be happy to send it too you:tongue1:

Chris G
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
OMG you two Canadians are killing me! Telling the pharmacist how to dispense your drugs? Really? We'd never get away with that here in the States! If the instructions from the doc are not perfect, they have to call. It's a little ridiculous sometimes. :w00t:

delorisdoe
04-22-2011, 08:00 AM
He figured it out he told me just throw out the left overs.

pberggren1
04-22-2011, 08:31 AM
I know all of my pharmacists by first and last name and have even gone out with a few of them.

delorisdoe
04-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Really? i have had pharmacists who have felt very sorry for me during treatment and they have gotten to know my name but never have they asked me out for a drink . lol

pberggren1
04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh ya, I can be very charming! LOL:wink1:

vdub
04-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I was getting desmopressin the other day at a pharm that we just happened to stop by during our travels. I had stopped in the weekend before and asked them what they had on hand so that I could be sure and get the drug before having the rx fax'ed. The rx came thru as "take two 1mcg at morning and two in evening". The pharmicist said he couldn't fill the script because he didn't have 1mcg tabs. I told him 2mcg tabs (which I knew he had) would be fine. It puzzled him for a bit and he had to do some cipher'n, but finally said "yeah, I guess that will work". Duh, Winner!

pberggren1
04-23-2011, 01:36 PM
That's scary vdub! To think that a pharmacist has to think for a second over that is down right scary.

Kami
04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
This should really be posted under funny stuff, lol! Thanks for making me laugh today!!

Jack
04-24-2011, 12:53 AM
A lot of people can get very pedantic when it comes to all things medical because they don't want to get sued. I recently reported to X-Ray for a picture of my Right shoulder which was broken and in a sling, but the doctor had written Left shoulder on his request, so they would not do it. It took an hour to track him down and get the request changed.

drz
04-24-2011, 12:56 AM
A lot of people can get very pedantic when it comes to all things medical because they don't want to get sued. I recently reported to X-Ray for a picture of my Right shoulder which was broken and in a sling, but the doctor had written Left shoulder on his request, so they would not do it. It took an hour to track him down and get the request changed.

Now that is funny, but also sad when you think about it.