PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Rtx infusion today - went well

ArlaMo
04-21-2011, 10:03 AM
No side effects, except for a weird feeling in my face. I think that is due to the solumedrol pulse though - feels tight and like someone is blowing up my skin from the inside. :unsure:

aewaustin
04-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Yay!!! Happy for you too! How is it working for you? Can you tell a difference yet? Do you get the joy of the night sweats side effect?

ArlaMo
04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Night sweats, day sweats - I'm just sweating all the time. Wish it would sweat away some of these pred pounds!! Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. Hopefully, my labs will show the same :thumbup::thumbup:

Sangye
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the face blowing up from the inside is a pred side-effect. I get that even on very low-dose pred.

I've learned to increase my Lasix (diuretic) on the days of the rtx infusions to keep me from getting the night sweats. I think it's due to the solumedrol given with the rtx and not the rtx itself.

marta
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah Arlamo, woo hoooooo, hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here on. I had my initial dip in symptoms, but I've been getting better and better and am feeling quite good these days. I'm knocking on wood as I type this.
Wouldn't it be great if the sweats got rid of the pred pudge. I'd be like a Victoria Secret model by now. Ha ha ha ha ha.....

pberggren1
04-21-2011, 04:13 PM
So you would be skin and bone then Marta? Good to hear you are doing better.