PDA

View Full Version : Weird Symptom Seeks Company

Sangye
01-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Does anyone else feel like the inside of their nose is sticky? I don't have nose involvement, but I'm noticing this lately. Also noticing that my eyelashes are sticking together more, too.

crackers
01-29-2009, 08:18 AM
sangye.
never had the sticky nose but i've had the sticky eyelashes.
john

Twice
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I have a sort-of recollection of sticky nose, or at least absent-mindedly playing with it so that it all closes up until I released it or blew threw it...but not sure.

How about painless finger cramps? I've often gone through periods when my index finger will 'lock up' and stick out rigid behind the middle finger. Painless, but it takes a few seconds of will power and manipulation to release it. Also occasionally happens with my toes. (Nothing to do with mind-blowing cramps in my shins).

Carol
01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Dear Twice
I had those unusual cramps - I could actually see it happeneing with my toes - I would then straighten them out. I have started taking magnesium and it is much improved. I asked my rheumatologist today if it was OK to take magnesium and he said yes. Do your own research tho' of course. Good luck - they are a strange type of cramp aren't they - I tried to explain it to my GP - he just thought they were ordinary cramps but I was insistent that they weren"t and then on this site when I mentioned it others had them too. thank goodness for this site.
Regards Carol

Carol
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi Sangye, thanks so much for all your imput. I really appreciate your perspective on many topics. Yes my nose was often sticky - I actually got into the habit of pressing the front of it to allow the nostils to unstick by flaring them out. I think the nose mucus of a Wegener is sticky. Try the salt nasal washes a few times a day. regards Carol

jola57
02-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Have both. Digging for gold has now become a habbit although have not gottern rich as yet. Not at the stage when I need regular irrigation but my nose is all funny anyway, :rolleyes: I had a deviated septum (croocked nose) when I was 18 and had botched operation - an overnight procedure turned into 10 day stay in hospital because of what I now think was an infection. Anyway I have hardly any cartlige on the left side and all the mucous seems to like it there. Locking fingers and toes - not so much anymore but still get them however mine do have some pain or discomfort.

My biggest problem though is foul mouth :o(and I don't mean *****) the smell is ugly, no amount of mouth wash, gum, Halls, parsley, cumin helps.
Anyone has any suggestions? The pred is mushing up my stomach :eek: so much so that both up and down seems to be the same. I use Nexium regularily so at least my acid is under control somewhat.

andrew
02-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Yuh huh. I have sticky nose from time to time. No real reason that I can find and it goes away as quickly as it comes.

Gold digging...heh...yes good passtime and very relaxing. I had nasal involvement so I got some real beauties when I was in hospital :D One nugget came out like a mold of my nasal passages. It was HUGE. Wish I'd had a camera. Best one ever.

Sangye
02-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Speaking of disgusting photos.... I've had chronic leg ulcers for over 2 years from Wegs. Last spring one got so bad that I named it "Scary Leg." It was the size and thickness of my palm. I would sit and stare at it sometimes, because I just couldn't believe it was me! A friend took a pic with her camera and keeps it to remind herself that life ain't so bad. Scary Leg is aaaaaalmmmoooost healed-- keep your fingers crossed! ;)

andrew
02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
yeech :eek: Crossing fingers!!!

Carol
02-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi Jolanta,
I suspect that your bad breath may be due to your sinuses and the mucus they produce. I know this sounds disgusting(but we can be very honest on this site) but what happens with me is that I regularly get a build up of mucus just behind that flap at the back of my thoat. It hangs there and feels very uncomfortable until eventually it comes out. Its very solid and unpleasant. The salt washes help - maybe you should trial it for a week or so doing it three times a day. Regards Carol

Twice
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Yes, the foul smellingness is horrid, and I think like Carol says. Eurch!

And as for Gold Digging, yes, it can be a great sport. I remember that the movie Total Recall was out during a bad time and I really felt for poor Arnie:

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/total_recall/totalrecall7.jpg

http://walden5.com/files/images/total-recall.img_assist_custom.jpg

Sorry!

crackers
02-02-2009, 06:35 AM
always suspected arnie was a weggie.there had to be a reason for all the steroids.

Rodger
02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey folks, I've been really tied up for the last month so I'm just getting caught up with you all. I hope 2009 is going well.

Supersticky mucus--yes. I rely heavily on the irrigation--three times a day. That with the meds help the breath. Be aware that some bacteria produce distinctive odors. I was really plagued by Pseudymonas in the early going which has s sickly-sweet odor. Strep also can be detected by odor.

No cramps in the hands but the toes go crazy.

An only oen of my eyes gets really gummed up always the right, never the left.

Sangye
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
We sure are a messy lot, huh? Sticky-nosed, gummed-eye, achy-jointed. skin-ulcerated folks.

(I should say I don't have any nose involvement like you guys suffer with-- it's just the inside is sticky lately and never has been before.)

jola57
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Nah, the only similarity is the steroids, but the pics so describe how I feel sometimes. Yes Sangye, a cheerful lot we are:D, all the more for meeting here.

Jack
02-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I had the stinky breath thing at one time. Very embarrassing! I don't remember doing anything to cure it, it just went away after a few months like so many of the symptoms I've had.